Now that the BBB is in place,

Lois R

Thanks QE-2 for posting the future cruise flyer. What I do not like is that the Instant OBC appears to be applicable only to the cruise one is currently on.

I was wondering the same thing.

Last year we were able to apply the Cruise Now OBC to the cruise we booked since we had so much already . It might still work as long as you book a definite cruise, not just a future certificate.

Thanks QE-2 for posting the future cruise flyer. What I do not like is that the Instant OBC appears to be applicable only to the cruise one is currently on.

I actually missed that, yes that was where some cruises had met some issued where they wanted the OBC credited towards the future cruise (as I would too!).

The document is not perfect, it also doesn't include reference to the u limited internet as one of the GBBB options, you would think someone would proof read these things! Hopefully a more specific, black and white document will get release that supersedes the one I found.

Add to that the Celebrity Rep confirmed earlier (post #33) you could have the option of OBC either on current or future cruise highlights there are still some discrepancies between the facts and how their internal teams producing these flyers are interpreting them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

If that's the case, I definitely won't be booking onboard.

I'm not interested in tying up "up to $500" to just basically cover what would then be a non-refundable deposit.

I prefer the OBC to be for the future cruise.

We're all set with OBC for our current cruise.

The last time they ran the promo this way, there was much confusion about whether the instant OBC was refundable if unused.

Without a clear answer, we had a family member just spend it to avoid its loss last July or Aug. Others reported it was refundable, but the head FCC onboard Silhouette last summer was really not well-versed in current offerings and couldn't give reliable advice.

Jane

PS THANKS to QE-2!

Edited by JaneStarr

If that's the case, I definitely won't be booking onboard.

I'm not interested in tying up "up to $500" to just basically cover what would then be a non-refundable deposit.

I prefer the OBC to be for the future cruise.

We're all set with OBC for our current cruise.

The last time they ran the promo this way, there was much confusion about whether the instant OBC was refundable if unused.

Without a clear answer, we had a family member just spend it to avoid its loss last July or Aug. Others reported it was refundable, but the head FCC onboard Silhouette last summer was really not well-versed in current offerings and couldn't give reliable advice.

Jane

PS THANKS to QE-2!

Did you ask if they would apply the OBC to a future cruise actually booked?

That is what they let me do (for 3 cruises actually - who would ever need 3 x the $$$$ we'd have gotten for Aqua on a single cruise???)

It would seem that only allowing it to be for the current cruise would discourage multiple future bookings (as we did) and why would they EVER want to do that?

Edited by chamima

With the Go promo, getting OBC for a current cruise might be okay if one...

-Is booked with only the Big Package with the option that best meets their needs and then the OBC could cover gratuities, upgrade to premium, internet minutes, etc.

-Uses it for a pricey shorex. For example, we've prepaid the expensive overnight Queenstown tour for our upcoming Solstice cruise. If aboard that sailing we book the British Isles cruise we've been watching, take the Instant OBC, cancel the Q-town tour which would then be refunded to our credit card, and the rebook the tour so it is charged against OBC, it might be worthwhile. However, we usually DIY or take private tours ashore, so this strategy might only work for booking aboard this time.

The keyword is HOMEWORK!

Edited by TMLAalum

With the Go promo, getting OBC for a current cruise might be okay if one...

-Is booked with only the Big Package with the option that best meets their needs and then the OBC could cover gratuities, upgrade to premium, internet minutes, etc.

-Uses it for a pricey shorex. For example, we've prepaid the expensive overnight Queenstown tour for our upcoming Solstice cruise. If aboard that sailing we book the British Isles cruise we've been watching, take the Instant OBC, cancel the Q-town tour which would then be refunded to our credit card, and the rebook the tour so it is charged against OBC, it might be worthwhile. However, we usually DIY or take private tours ashore, so this strategy might only work for booking aboard this time.

The keyword is HOMEWORK!

I totally agree with you about doing the HOMEWORK. That's exactly what I've been trying to do going back to the 7/6/15 chat with the CEO here:

Can you please tell us what offers are planned for those who book "Cruise Now" sailing while on-board?

by JaneStarr July 6 at 12:51 PM ↑0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

That is currently under review, so stay tuned. There will be something

Since corporate hadn't made this decision as of about 2 weeks ago, it's not surprising that enough reliable info to fully research best options is unavailable. I just hope we get full details very soon.

I'm on a cruise in 13 days (YIPPEE!!). Hoping that the "Cruise Now" flyer onboard will have more accurate & fully fleshed out details than listed in QE-2's post and that the FCCs are well-informed.

Before I would consider purchasing a "Cruise Now" booking, I need to see the full printed offer (with all the fine print terms and conditions) and have an understanding of how it would be handled.

Even then, I would be concerned about whether the FCC understands the offer the way that Miami intended it to be implemented. There are examples on this board from just this week of FCCs refusing to allow the "Cruise Now" bonus OBC to be applied to a future cruise, in spite of the official policy.

Lucky for us, we recently have had the ability to book some nice suites.

This does cause another complicating factor:

Since there is usually limited availability of suites at time of booking, how would one decide which of the Go Big perks to choose?

If in a SS or CS, the beverage or internet package would be the highest value options.

For an RS, either of those would be wasted because they are already included with the suite.

Our FCC on Summit told us that we would NOT be able to change our perk option if we were later able to switch a "Cruise Now" SS booking to an RS.

(This was under Evergreen 123. I don't believe she was correct, but she was adamant about it. We later moved that booking when 123Go All-in was in effect, so it was ended up being a moot point.)

Did you ask if they would apply the OBC to a future cruise actually booked?

That is what they let me do (for 3 cruises actually - who would ever need 3 x the $$$$ we'd have gotten for Aqua on a single cruise???)

It would seem that only allowing it to be for the current cruise would discourage multiple future bookings (as we did) and why would they EVER want to do that?

Yes, my family member did ask about applying the OBC to a future cruise.

As far as the flyer, it doesn't specifically say that the "instant" OBC must be applied to current cruise (as far as I can tell); it just leads one to believe that.

I trust what our official "Celebrity Cruises" Poster posted here about Celebrity's intention of offering the flexibility of applying the OBC to a future cruise [bolding is mine]

Hi all,

Our onboard program is better than ever!

Along with Go Bigger, Better, Best!, guests receive reduced deposits, upgrades and most importantly an additional OBC up to $500.

This amount up to $500 is an exclusive onboard benefit so guests won't get it anywhere else and it is combinable with GBBB.

To make it even more attractive we offer the option to choose this OBC amount to be spent on their current cruise or on the future cruise they are booking.

Finally, our staff can give the best recommendations on categories, location, best deals, and most popular cruises.

If you go here:

http://celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/

This is what you find:

Cruise Now

This booking allows you to choose a specific ship and sail date and provides the richest onboard credit offer available in the program. Plus, your Cruise Now offer is combinable with Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! That's right, Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! is available for your guests onboard all year long. And now we are introducing Instant Gratification! Receive an instant onboard credit up to $500 to spend however you like on your current cruise. Then enjoy Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! on your next cruise. It's your offer, have it when you need it most.

Cruise Now Instant Onboard Credit offer includes:

• Reduced Deposits from $50 to $500 per stateroom

For this cruise - Receive onboard credit up to $500 per stateroom

• For your next cruise - choose your Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! offer: Extra OBC, Free Gratuities, or Free Beverage Package

• Flexible - Change your reservation to suit your needs

• Choose your stateroom

• Reservations goes back to your Travel Professional to further service your needs

To me, this is a total contradiction to what we were told by the Celebrity Cruises poster:

"To make it even more attractive we offer the option to choose this OBC amount to be spent on their current cruise or on the future cruise they are booking."

JaneStarr: Can't wait to hear what you find out on your upcoming cruise!!!

Edited by gimletgal

If you go here:

http://celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/

This is what you find:

Cruise Now

This booking allows you to choose a specific ship and sail date and provides the richest onboard credit offer available in the program. Plus, your Cruise Now offer is combinable with Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! That's right, Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! is available for your guests onboard all year long. And now we are introducing Instant Gratification! Receive an instant onboard credit up to $500 to spend however you like on your current cruise. Then enjoy Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! on your next cruise. It's your offer, have it when you need it most.

Cruise Now Instant Onboard Credit offer includes:

• Reduced Deposits from $50 to $500 per stateroom

For this cruise - Receive onboard credit up to $500 per stateroom

• For your next cruise - choose your Go Big, Go Better, Go Best! offer: Extra OBC, Free Gratuities, or Free Beverage Package

• Flexible - Change your reservation to suit your needs

• Choose your stateroom

• Reservations goes back to your Travel Professional to further service your needs

To me, this is a total contradiction to what we were told by the Celebrity Cruises poster:

"To make it even more attractive we offer the option to choose this OBC amount to be spent on their current cruise or on the future cruise they are booking."

JaneStarr: Can't wait to hear what you find out on your upcoming cruise!!!

Gimletgal,

I strongly suspect this is a situation where Marketing got excited by the "Instant Gratification" sales pitch angle and produced this promo blurb targeted to their "travel partners".

It sounds to me more like a sales teaser, rather than the full offer.

I really do trust the information our "Celebrity Cruises" social media team rep provided to be an accurate reflection of management's intent. We'll just need to wait for the full offering (with all the very small, low contrast fine print).

Unfortunately, if the onboard FCCs only look at info like the blurb you posted, we will have a problem applying the "instant" OBC to a future cruise.

I'm not trying to be overly cynical -- just realistic. It must be an enormous task to keep the FCCs, who are scattered all over the globe, on the same page as corporate -- especially with major changes and rotating vacations.

Perhaps our "Celebrity Cruises" rep can provide us with a referrel email contact where we can direct our head FCC when their appears to be a communication disconnect?

I'll certainly report back on what I find out aboard Equinox.

Jane

Jane - I am so hoping that you are right! And I will anxiously wait to see what you find out while you are on the Equinox, since my next cruise will also be on the Equinox.

I guess my cynicism stems from recent experience. ;)

Have a great cruise!

Edited by gimletgal

For what it's worth, when the FCC on Infinity in May told us we could only apply the OBC to the current cruise, he told us that this was the "new" policy when I questioned if we could have it applied to our future cruise instead. Makes you wonder if they interpret "new" as replacing the former policy and consider it now null and void?

Beav - we must have had the same guy, because I was told the same thing! Of course, I totally disagreed with him.......I think this guy was on another planet or the FCC's on our cruise were out on an island all by themselves!

Beav - we must have had the same guy, because I was told the same thing! Of course, I totally disagreed with him.......I think this guy was on another planet or the FCC's on our cruise were out on an island all by themselves!

Maybe they mistook Icy Strait Point for Gilligan's Island! :D

And so Celebrity missed out on the two of you (and probably many, many others!) booking future cruises because of a misinformed or untrained Future Cruise consultant.

Official Celebrity Cruises - are you reading this? :(

It must be an enormous task to keep the FCCs, who are scattered all over the globe, on the same page as corporate -- especially with major changes and rotating vacations.

Perhaps our "Celebrity Cruises" rep can provide us with a referrel email contact where we can direct our head FCC when their appears to be a communication disconnect?

I'll certainly report back on what I find out aboard Equinox.

Jane

How hard is it to send them an e-mail? Or provide them with current copies of the offers and terms and conditions. They need these anyway to give to potential cruisers. Somehow I don't see the enormity of the task.

Which makes me realize that I should have demanded to see the paper that specified that I needed to take the OBC on the current cruise. Those two agents on the Infinity who said we couldn't get OBC on the next cruise were just rogue. My friend talked to a different FCC (same ship, same cruise) and was able to get her OBC on the future cruise.

Whatever. Celebrity certainly lost a few future bookings on that cruise.

I was getting a quote on a cruise for 2016 from the X website. To upgrade from the Big price to Better it was quoting $30 p/day, suggesting that solos would also pay a 100% surcharge on this upgrade cost. However I understood from the roll out of BBB that solos would only pay $15 p/day to upgrade to Better, and $45 p/day to go to Best.

Just wondering if anyone has any actually experience of this? How much did you have to pay for the upgrade?

I'm hoping it is a computer glitch, otherwise upgrading to Better or Best is of little value to solos.

I was getting a quote on a cruise for 2016 from the X website. To upgrade from the Big price to Better it was quoting $30 p/day, suggesting that solos would also pay a 100% surcharge on this upgrade cost. However I understood from the roll out of BBB that solos would only pay $15 p/day to upgrade to Better, and $45 p/day to go to Best.

Just wondering if anyone has any actually experience of this? How much did you have to pay for the upgrade?

I'm hoping it is a computer glitch, otherwise upgrading to Better or Best is of little value to solos.

I read somewhere that the website prices solo upgrades as you've experienced, but they later go into your reservation and remove the 2nd person daily surcharge for Go Better or Best. I'd definitely call to confirm.

During her online chat, the CEO confirmed that solos would not be charged double.

Jane

Can you use OBC at the FCC office? We have a cruise in January with $700 obc, but the beverage package and gratuities are already included. It would be nice to use the additional money for the deposit on a future cruise.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Can you use OBC at the FCC office? We have a cruise in January with $700 obc, but the beverage package and gratuities are already included. It would be nice to use the additional money for the deposit on a future cruise.

I'm pretty sure that you can't technically do that. If some of the OBC is refundable, then you could put the deposit on the same card linked to your onboard account. Your unused refundable OBC would go back onto that card, so it would be close to paying with OBC.

Of course this only works if the OBC is refundable.

The other thing is to make sure they don't apply the "instant" OBC perk for booking onboard to your current cruise!

Jane

Definitely not allowed to use OBC to pay for a deposit on a cruise booked thru the FCC. You need to put it on a credit card. Not sure about the cash option but I'm sure that is a possibility. I just know they will not charge it to your on board account.

Edited by gimletgal

Got an e mail from X today pushing BBB, highlighting how much we can SAVE by booking under this program but I really don't see how.

We have been spoiled by triple perks; and it appears that now we will pay more for less.

Booking with Big makes most sense for us, taking Classic Package. Adding other choices seems to not be worth the upcharge so we'll end up paying AQ class grats and get no OBC....which used to cover the spa .

we have recently become interested in onboard booking perks...if we can get good OBC for the future cruise and book with Big with Classic, then we'd only have to pay the daily grats... hoping for feedback on how it works by booking on bd or buying a Future Cruise certif.,,

if it gets too complicated or expensive....an all inclusive resort may become a better choice!