Pinnacle Grill lunch

Perhaps it depends on which ship and which chefs. My DH - the burger expert;) - declared the PG burgers on the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam to be delicious. However, on the Westerdam he didn't like the Dive In burger much and opted for a hot dog the next time we ordered from there.

We were on the Westerdam with Lizzie and no question that the PG hamburger was delish and much better than the Dive In Burger. We had the same experience on the Prinsendam as well.

refresh my memory, please..... how much is lunch and reservations required as well?

Full price lunch is $10. Three, four, and five star Mariners get a discount off that.

Reservations are recommended, but it is possible to walk up and find an opening for that day.

Ruth, Is it required tio wear a jacket at lunch, or can a open neck shirt suffice? Of course he wil look respectful. I value your opinion and knowledge on many of the questions asked on this site. Thank you in advance.:)

Ruth, Is it required tio wear a jacket at lunch, or can a open neck shirt suffice? Of course he wil look respectful. I value your opinion and knowledge on many of the questions asked on this site. Thank you in advance.:)

not Ruth, but no tie or jacket is required at lunch. Attire there is the same as the ship - smart casual. So, an open neck shirt suffices.

Thank you for the kind words. Kazu answered your question, but I did want to add (not for you, but for some others who may read this) that a man should wear a shirt with sleeves. ;) Tank tops are inappropriate in any place where others can see you dining.

Is the Pinnacle Grill open for lunch every day? If so, what are the hours?

Thank you.

No

On ships that stop at HMC -- she is closed on that day as the servers work the island's cabanas.

There are times when some ships will host a Suite lunch and it will be closed -- usually only on longer cruises.

When it is open, the hours are Noon until 1:30.

Neither of us wore shorts/bermudas to the Pinnacle for lunch.

Only once did we see a couple wearing them. JMO -- didn't look right.

I don't wear shorts ever but have seen them in Pinnacle for breakfast and it's okay. I've never seen anyone seated at Pinnacle for lunch in shorts. Simple slax or skirt and top/khakis and shirt with collar both work fine for the women/men.

On ships where the DR is now closed on all port days, we have found that the Pinnacle is open for lunch every day, except for embarkation and Le Cirque day.

Generally I would agree with you but it was not that way on the Veendam. I do not enjoy the lido so when the MDR is closed I'll often go to the pinnacle. It didn't seem to be an option on that cruise.

Perhaps it depends on which ship and which chefs. My DH - the burger expert;) - declared the PG burgers on the Zuiderdam and the Westerdam to be delicious. However, on the Westerdam he didn't like the Dive In burger much and opted for a hot dog the next time we ordered from there.

Agree with your hubby. In the PG I ordered my burger med-rare and that is what I received. And the quality of meat was far superior to the Dive-In Burgers (which I also enjoy). And getting the Dive-In to make a rare or med-rare burger can take an Act of the Captain and that is not always good enough. I should add that ordering a burger rare or med-rare usually assures it will not be dried out...but rather nice and juicy :)

Hank

Generally I would agree with you but it was not that way on the Veendam. I do not enjoy the lido so when the MDR is closed I'll often go to the pinnacle. It didn't seem to be an option on that cruise.

I really disliked it that the DR was closed on all port days for lunch on our last cruise. The silver lining there was that the Pinnacle was open those days.

"Some" ships is the key term with HAL.

I really disliked it that the DR was closed on all port days for lunch on our last cruise. The silver lining there was that the Pinnacle was open those days.

Actually, to be even more precise it is some ships, some cruises. Same ship, same itinerary could do things differently cruise to cruise. :D

You are absolutely right. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with HAL across the fleet on many things.

You are absolutely right. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with HAL across the fleet on many things.

It's because every hotel director and bar/restaurant director (forget to proper title) have their own way of doing things. HAL gives more free reign over those things than other lines.

Historical HAL captains had complete control over their ship's budget too. They could dictate percentages spent on certain things. That's why you used to see fresh items bought at port for dinner specials.

Seattle now dictates these percentages so the captain and high staff have much less fiscal control. Seattle still gives management control though.

This comes from those who know, I trust my sources. :)

Thank you for the responses.

How do you know if the PG will be open on a particular day? Is it written in the daily "agenda"?

Can you make reservations before boarding? ( I don't see a place for lunch reservations on the Dining site.)

How many days do you estimate that the PG would be open for lunch on a 22 day Med. cruise?

Again...my thanks.

Thank you for the responses.

How do you know if the PG will be open on a particular day? Is it written in the daily "agenda"?

Can you make reservations before boarding? ( I don't see a place for lunch reservations on the Dining site.)

How many days do you estimate that the PG would be open for lunch on a 22 day Med. cruise?

Again...my thanks.

It will be in the daily paper. You can't make lunch reserves ahead. The pinnacle will be open for lunch somwhere between 0 and 21 days :D.

If you don't want to wait for each day's program to know if the Pinnacle will be open for lunch, then try this. When you board, or soon after, go to the Pinnacle and ask for the schedule for the entire cruise. Then you can make plans based on what you have in mind for each day, and for alternate evening dining plans.