Princess Cabin Reviews – NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

srice

Ship - Emerald Princess

Class - Crown

Deck - Emerald

Cabin # - E425

Category - OV Ocean view Obstructed

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern - Starboard

Connects With Cabin # No

Accessible - No

Quiet  - Yes

Balcony Size - N/A

View - Obstructed (looking over lifeboat)

Privacy Issues - No

Wind - No

Soot - No

Problems - The water in the bathroom was hot or hotter. No cold water in the sink, stool, or shower. After four visits by the plumber, they were able to get the water to a temperature that was suitable for taking a shower, but still no real control over the temperature.

Comments - The other issue that I had was the bed was set up as a queen and it kept sliding apart. After three tries they finally tied the the two beds together and put on a thicker mattress topper which solved the problem.

One thing I will mention is when the bed is set up as a queen in this cabin, there are jump beds that fold down on each side, so getting in and out of bed is not convenient. I would hit my shoulder if I did not stoop down.

If you are a family of four this room layout would be OK, but I would not recommend this room unless the water is fixed. Overall I still had a great cruise and the cabin location was handy. Princess gave me $150 future cruise credit which is good.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ship   Regal Princess

Class

Deck dolphin

Cabin #D321

Category  DB

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern  starboard

Quiet but across from steward supply closest

Balcony Size standard

View  looks down on large tender good view straight out

Privacy Issues  no

Wind  no

Soot  no

Problems  closest light automatic on and off bring a bandaid or tape

Comments  too far forward for me

Ship   Sky Princess

Class

Deck 15

Cabin #M537

Category  

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern  mid-aft

Noise from buffet kitchen at all hours, but especially loud banging starting at 4am. Both we and our neighbors in the cabin next to us requested to move

Interior

Comments  Great location within the ship but I’d avoid all interior cabins on Marina deck due to buffet kitchen. We stayed in the balcony room across the hall last year and it was fine. 

Edited by msconduct10
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ship:   Regal Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Marina

Cabin #M522

Category:  MC

Port/Starboard/Bow:  Port

Mostly Quiet: can barely hear some carts being moved around 4-5 am from the Horizon/Bistro Court

Mini Suite

View: Clear view with plenty of shade from the extended overhang

Privacy Issues:  no

Wind:  no

Soot:  no

Problems:  closet light sensor on the wrong side, keeps turning off.  Had to constantly wave at sensor which is facing the closet where the safe at.

Comments: It is on deck 15; the pool and the buffet area are not too far.  This cabin is not near the elevators, so you do not have to deal with the traffic noise.

• Thanks 1

Ship    Enchanted

Class    Royal

Deck   Dolphin (9)

Cabin #   726

Category  S3

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern  Port/Aft corner

Connects With Cabin # n/a

Accessible   no

Quiet  yes

Balcony Size extreme

View 270° aft-port

Privacy Issues no

Wind no

Soot no

Problems  Strong vibrations and shaking while on move

Comments We have often sailed in aft cabins on other lines (RCCL, Celebrity, Azamara), and never experienced that sort of problems. The entire cabin was badly vibrating - you could observe the dishware shaking and jumping on the shelves. Impossible to sleep at night.

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2015 at 9:36 AM, srice said:

Ship

Grand Princess

Class

Grand

Deck

Plaza- Deck 5

Stateroom #

P227

Category

IF

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern

Stbd/Fwd

Connects With Cabin #

No

Accessible

No

Quiet

Yes

Balcony Size

None

View

None

Privacy Issues

None

Wind

None

Soot

None

Problems

This is a 4 Berth Bunkroom. It can NOT be successfully reconfigured to a Queen bed. There is only one bedside cabinet which is designed to go between the twin singles. The 2 upper berths protrude a considerable distance from the cabin side walls. There is insufficient room to enter or exit the bed if it is configured as a queen.

Comments

You WILL end up hitting your head or shoulders on the drop down side wall bunks.... the cabin is tiny and cramped 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Ship:  Royal Princess

Class:  ?

Deck:  Emerald 8

Cabin #:  E115

Category:  Deluxe Balcony - (HA!)IMG_1029.thumb.jpg.0be5e25cead9e8a785bb9ce9eae8f610.jpg

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern:  Starboard Bow

Connects With Cabin #:  N/A

Accessible:  No

Quiet:  In rough seas it sounded like explosions when the bow was hitting the swell.

Balcony Size:  This was pathetic. There was not enough room between front of chair and the balcony to fit your feet. See picture . . .

View:  Unobstructed

Privacy Issues:  None

Wind: No issues that you wouldn't get anywhere

Soot:  None

Problems:  No problems that we had to report. Thermostat was hit and miss.

Comments:  Worst bed we've ever slept on. It was so soft you couldn't roll over without sitting up or getting out of bed. It was more comfortable to take the sofa mattress out and lay that on the floor. Cabin size was OK, Fridge didn't work, large hanging space with no doors. Very small bathroom.

The lights that came on automatically at night when they detected movement were a pain. Stick your leg or arm out of the sheets at night and light would come on. Ended up putting a cushion in front of it.

There is nothing special about this deluxe cabin.

IMG_1071.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2015 at 4:30 PM, srice said:

Ship: Discovery Princess

Class: Royal

Deck: Dolphin (Deck 9)

Cabin #: D226

Category: Standard Balcony

Port/Starboard/Bow/Stern: Mid-Forward

Connects With Cabin #: N/A

Accessible: No

Quiet: Yes

Balcony Size: Very large. Compares to Caribe balconies on Grand Class

View: Unobstructed

Privacy Issues: None

Wind: No issues

Soot: N/A

Problems: No real problems but this ship doesn't seem to have the "Princess Beds" that were so popular when introduced. At home our bed is considered "firm" but the bed in this cabin was quite a bit "firmer" than what we have at home. I was surprised by this as our last multiple cruises all had the "Princess Bed" that is so comfortable.

Comments: Located very conveniently to the forward elevators/stairs. Loved the location and had zero issues. Cabin was clean and in excellent repair. Most balconies on this class of ship are quite small. Dolphin deck has a bunch of larger balconies on the aft portion but, as far as "standard" balcony cabins go there are only two large balconies on the mid-forward portion of the deck. These are D226 (this cabin) and D227 (on the Starboard side). They are located where the mini-suites end and have the same large balcony as those cabins.

image.png.848ddb8c7e5e28ab1c9a53ccc1a34ac0.png