Sip and Sail Sale

hardel

It made more sense for us to take the OBC - will cover the drinks we usually purchase, plus the gratuity (we don't buy that many drinks) and still have money left over for other things. In the fine print on the offer they list the OBC value - depends on the length of your cruise.

We decided to take the drinks package for our 19 day cruise. The cost of the cruise did not go up and we were already given enough OBC for the tips. We normally don't drink a lot but now maybe we will indulge a bit more. :)

my ta called princess we have a mini with a third person and friends a balcony . we got the drink packages and two dinners and our fare went down 200 a piece and the third person went down 600. our friends in the balcony got the drink packages and there fare went down 60 each:):p:D

my ta called princess we have a mini with a third person and friends a balcony . we got the drink packages and two dinners and our fare went down 200 a piece and the third person went down 600. our friends in the balcony got the drink packages and there fare went down 60 each:):p:D

Must be what you were paying to start or the ship/trip. Had TA check both upcoming Regal trips and fares would increase just under 300.00 we don't drink that much so said pass.

Do you think this a good deal? Looks very interesting.

My husband and I buy about 3 drinks a day....I think it might be worth it if free and fare is not much higher!

For us it was well worth it. Though our cabin fare only was only a little lower than it would otherwise have been, when we take into consideration that the All-inclusive Beverage Package includes not only alcoholic drinks, but sodas, specialty coffees and teas at the International Cafe and the dining rooms (of which often have 2-4 per day), juices, bottled water (which we drink a lot of, especially on warm weather itineraries), and gelato on ships that offer it (a special treat), this package turns out to be a very good deal for us.

We've found on our last couple cruises since they introduced the beverage package, our on-board account has gone down by approximately 40% compared to prior cruises (we have always purchased the specialty coffee cards and soda stickers, in addition to water, bottles of wine and cocktails).

So, as I say, even though the cabin fare itself was only a little lower in our case, when we take into account the additional savings afforded by the "free" Bev package, it worked out to represent a very nice savings on a cruise we were already planning to take.

Hope you find the same.

Best of luck, and happy sailing.

We solos come out with gitch on these specials.While there will be a long line up for free specialty coffees at the International Cafe we that have had to pay for our coffee card will be in the same line up.Yes I think we should have priority and go to the front of the line.Do other solos agree with me?;)

Nothing is free. Pricing for our Panama Canal cruise is the highest I've ever seen it. Don't think it will come down much. I'm sure Princess has built the beverage package into the pricing for the selected cruises they have offered the promotion. Not everyone is going to be in the coffee line at the same time and I'm sure there are probably more coffee cards sold then there will be beverage package promotions. I don't think you will have any more issues with getting your coffee then at any other time.

Did math with what my TA told me and it was not worth it to change over to this specificial. Will just be cheaper to buy the AI package but I do not drink that much and DW does not drink.

Edited by Potstech

If I were to re-book our ten day Royal in January 2016 with the new AIBP, our fare for a MB mini-suite would go up by $500 per person. I am glad we booked when we did since we do not drink much nor do we need to pad our OBC in advance. The AIBP is not free since fares increased by the amount of the AIBP. Someone once told me that nothing in life is free.

We're booked on a July 2016 Alaska sailing. We rebooked for the AIBC and our fare remained the exact same, down to the penny. Since I'll be getting married on the cruise, and many of our guests are in balconies, the free booze will be a nice addition :-).

If I were to re-book our ten day Royal in January 2016 with the new AIBP, our fare for a MB mini-suite would go up by $500 per person. I am glad we booked when we did since we do not drink much nor do we need to pad our OBC in advance. The AIBP is not free since fares increased by the amount of the AIBP. Someone once told me that nothing in life is free.

My Dec 2016 Regal cruise went down 30pp w/the promotion.

Good points, all. Comparison shopping is always good. As I said above, for us it worked out well. We had originally been booked on a November 2016 sailing, but a scheduling conflict compelled us to change the dates. When I had first looked at the alternate date (when I first became aware there might be a conflict) the price was the same as the November sailing. It just so happened that this promotion went live at the same time we determined we needed to make the switch. And, as it worked out, the fare for the new dates was now actually a bit lower than the November booking had been (and we got to keep the same cabin). So, because we would have purchased the AIBP anyway, this was a good deal for us. But, that certainly won't be true of all sailings or all passengers.

We rebooked our 2016 Med cruise on Royal...got AIBP and $247pp reduction. Go figure.

Just booked a December 2016 Transatlantic on the Pacific Princess - the 17 day price is less than my Panama 15 day cruise this November and picked up the All-Inclusive Bev Package - on some cruises this is a really really good deal

We solos come out with gitch on these specials.While there will be a long line up for free specialty coffees at the International Cafe we that have had to pay for our coffee card will be in the same line up.Yes I think we should have priority and go to the front of the line.Do other solos agree with me?;)

I booked solo today and received the AIBP because I booked a balcony so I don't think being solo has anything to do with it. And believe me, those getting the AIBP are paying for it one way or another. For me, it's a matter of substituting a gold wine package, coffee cards, and an UKP for the AIBP. In my case, it's almost a wash. So no I can't agree here.

Edited by spyro1952