How does AIBP work?

adstz

Sure.

I thought I saw a post mentioned on a different thread where the poster had asked on board and were told there is limit. I've seen many posts state when then have asked the bartenders are not aware of limits. I can't recall someone actually saying they were denied a drink. I mentioned my comment as what my booking stated and my own experience with the AIBP. Not sure why you felt I was not clear on what I had mentioned.

My reply was about how they might control sharing. Saying there's a drink limit assists Princess in controlling sharing, in my opinion.

Because you sounded like you were not clear. Also for others that bring up the limit in other threads. Some think it's implemented and in stone already.

Believe me with all the bragging on CC and like everything else that gets abused the limits will probably be enforced eventually. :(

Since this will be your first cruise on Princess you don't realize.....you 'likely' won't "have to" get a drink at the bar while waiting for your cabin to be ready. Most often, cabins are ready when you board.....

so...go ahead and drop your stuff in your cabin and

THEN you can go to the bar....

:D

Thanks for this info - this is good news, as well :D

Sure.

I thought I saw a post mentioned on a different thread where the poster had asked on board and were told there is limit. I've seen many posts state when then have asked the bartenders are not aware of limits. I can't recall someone actually saying they were denied a drink. I mentioned my comment as what my booking stated and my own experience with the AIBP. Not sure why you felt I was not clear on what I had mentioned.

My reply was about how they might control sharing. Saying there's a drink limit assists Princess in controlling sharing, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because you sounded like you were not clear. Also for others that bring up the limit in other threads. Some think it's implemented and in stone already.

Believe me with all the bragging on CC and like everything else that gets abused the limits will probably be enforced eventually. :(

Your post did make me look.

This is what the AIBP package says on the Princess website.

"ALL-INCLUSIVE BEVERAGE PACKAGE

Our All-Inclusive Beverage Package is a great value! Enjoy unlimited cocktails, wine, beer, bottled water, specialty coffee, smoothies, sodas and more for just $57.45 per day^. There are also non-alcoholic and coffee packages as well. View packages & details"

Sounds like enforcing the unlimited should be easy.

Since the comments about any drink limits for the AIBP I have not seen any posts saying that that it was enforced onboard.

I believe that the limit is only for those who get the AIBP with the Sip 'n Sail. I purchased it separately for my upcoming cruise and there was no mention of a limit...

I believe that the limit is only for those who get the AIBP with the Sip 'n Sail. I purchased it separately for my upcoming cruise and there was no mention of a limit...

I booked under the Sip and Sail waaaaaaaaay last year. At that time there was zero mention of a limit. Now, of course, the web site does list a limit when you look under the Gifts and Services menu. So... I booked two cruises with no limit but there is now a limit listed.

Personally, I don't think there will be an issue even if they do implement the limit as the number of alcoholic drinks per day being bandied about is 15. I really don't expect to consume 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. I do think it's sad though that so many people felt the need to abuse the system that Princess has decided they may need a limit. As usual, it's the jerks that screw things up for everybody else.

I booked under the Sip and Sail waaaaaaaaay last year. At that time there was zero mention of a limit. Now, of course, the web site does list a limit when you look under the Gifts and Services menu. So... I booked two cruises with no limit but there is now a limit listed.

Personally, I don't think there will be an issue even if they do implement the limit as the number of alcoholic drinks per day being bandied about is 15. I really don't expect to consume 15 alcoholic drinks in a day. I do think it's sad though that so many people felt the need to abuse the system that Princess has decided they may need a limit. As usual, it's the jerks that screw things up for everybody else.

Your posts made me look again.

This is what it says under the Gift and Services section:

"Save when you purchase pre-cruise (on board cost is $59.80 per day)! Our All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the Terms and Conditions at any time with or without notice to guests.

Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing and is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing."

Where does it say there is a limit?

Or where does it say the AIBP as part of the Sip and Sail is not the normal AIBP? It would an industry first to offer an identical named package that is somehow different because it is given as part of a promotion,

just trying to understand any information from Princess.

Thanks.

Your posts made me look again.

This is what it says under the Gift and Services section:

"Save when you purchase pre-cruise (on board cost is $59.80 per day)! Our All-Inclusive Beverage Package includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in bars, dining rooms or specialty restaurants, will be available at 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items). Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the Terms and Conditions at any time with or without notice to guests.

Package is NOT available for purchase within 3 days of sailing and is NOT available for voyages 2 nights or fewer. Package must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing."

Where does it say there is a limit?

Or where does it say the AIBP as part of the Sip and Sail is not the normal AIBP? It would an industry first to offer an identical named package that is somehow different because it is given as part of a promotion,

just trying to understand any information from Princess.

Thanks.

Wowie Zowie! They have changed the wording (yet again) and you are absolutely correct. There is currently no mention of the limit. It used to be down at the bottom in the italicized portion. Glad to see it's gone. Many thanks for the update! :D

Asking for opinions:

What do you think is the break even point for AIBP? How many drinks a day would make it a "good" deal for you? Considering buying it for our cruise to Mexico in Dec. on the Grand. I like a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. My husband is not a big alcohol drinker but loves his espresso drinks. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

Asking for opinions:

What do you think is the break even point for AIBP? How many drinks a day would make it a "good" deal for you? Considering buying it for our cruise to Mexico in Dec. on the Grand. I like a couple of glasses of wine with dinner. My husband is not a big alcohol drinker but loves his espresso drinks. Is it worth it?

Thanks!

It varies by what you drink.

But about 6 to 8 drinks a day to break even on average.

Asking for opinions:

Thanks!

Look here too.....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14T0LH6Npt1iFp2XddlHLJ7gwnbDkZSsO00jcAJJGOSk/edit#gid=1575650868

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2506365&highlight=beverage+spreadsheet

$57.45 worth of drinks per day. ;)

Wowie Zowie! They have changed the wording (yet again) and you are absolutely correct. There is currently no mention of the limit. It used to be down at the bottom in the italicized portion. Glad to see it's gone. Many thanks for the update! :D

Now I understand. I never saw the previous version mentioning a limit.

Jagoffee,

This is Rick and Glenda, we are headed back to Tahiti on Oct 25, 2017! Are you heading that way as well? Please contact us at dfullhouse @ cox. net (remove spaces) would love to catch up.

I hope you are enjoying yourselves. That was a great French Polynesia cruise several years ago. Kathy and I are taking the 28 day (RT from LA) on the Emerald Princess leaving October 8, 2017. No long flights. Perhaps after you retire you can try it. I will send you an e mail as both our e mails addresses have change since then.

Asking for opinions:

Thanks!

It sounds like purchasing a coffee card and buying wine as you go or a wine package would be best for you. $120 a day for the AIBP for the two of you would definitely be overkill.