How does AIBP work?

adstz

Just got the All Inclusive Beverage Package added to our cruise at no extra cost. Very happy.

I know the soda package just puts a sticker on your cruise card.

How do they identify you when you have AIBP?

Just got the All Inclusive Beverage Package added to our cruise at no extra cost. Very happy.

Sticker on the card and checked on the computer when you order a drink.

It's also a sticker on your cruise card - different sticker than the soda and more, obviously. They swipe your card for each drink, and you sign a zero balance receipt. If you frequent a particular bar onboard, the bartenders may just "run a tab" for you where you only sign once when you leave.... swiping is for both inventory control and checking that you do indeed have the package..very easy.

• 2 years later...

Since the most recent comment regarding the method used to identify an AIBP customer is dated July 2015, I would like to know if an AIBP holder is still identified by a sticker on the card - or has Princess made a change to this method of AIBP identification ? Thanks

We were on CB in May and they did not put a sticker on our card. They scanned our card each time we ordered a drink. The bartender said this was to reduce sticker fraud and sharing, I haven't sailed since May so I don't know if this is a new practice fleet wide or if it was just a pilot on CB.

There is no sticker on the card.

When the bartender swipes the card or enters the number, a prompt shows up showing the AIBP. The bartender then selects whether to use the package or to charge you (since they would charge you if you were purchasing a drink for someone else). If the bartender enters the wrong answer, then the charge could show up on your folio, so it's a good idea to check the folio every few days during the cruise. A Passenger Services Desk person explained this process to me while removing an incorrect charge that had been posted to my folio. On my last cruise (12 days), my brother and I each had one incorrect bar charge on our folios - easy to remove but requiring a visit to Passenger Services.

How do they control sharing?

The wording for the AIBP is now showing that there may be a limit on drinks, at least on the sailing we have it as a perk it states that there could be a limit. Some people on cc have commented that the limit is 15. My last cruise was in April. We paid for the AIBP and there was not a limit nor did we pay attention to how many drinks we had. I know we spent a lot of time at the Bellini bar.... What we found is some days we drank a lot and others not really. Overall, I think the package is expensive to purchase. I just like the idea of not having to worry about drink prices and pre paying for the package allows us to budget our vacation in a way that works for us. Most drinks fall in the AIBP category and I'm fine with that. I also enjoy the 40% off bottles under $100 that you can get with the AIBP

Had no sticker like others are saying. We cruised in April on the CB. Servers just take your card and you get drinks, no charge. Be careful when you go to a specialty restaurant and they get you to try some wine and it's really the bottle they are selling you. It happened to me. They fixed it, but it was a bit irritating to me. Coffee drinks, any beverage you want up to $10 is covered. I took advantage of it for sure. Cocktail(s) before dinner, during dinner, after dinner cordial, cappuccino with dessert. I almost always had to take the cappuccino back to my room since my bladder could hold no more :')

Enjoy!

Had no sticker like others are saying. We cruised in April on the CB. Servers just take your card and you get drinks, no charge. Be careful when you go to a specialty restaurant and they get you to try some wine and it's really the bottle they are selling you. It happened to me. They fixed it, but it was a bit irritating to me. Coffee drinks, any beverage you want up to $10 is covered. I took advantage of it for sure. Cocktail(s) before dinner, during dinner, after dinner cordial, cappuccino with dessert. I almost always had to take the cappuccino back to my room since my bladder could hold no more :')

Enjoy!

When the thread was started in 2015 there were AIBP stickers on the cruise cards as posters indicated.

It appears now they don't anymore.

The wording for the AIBP is now showing that there may be a limit on drinks, at least on the sailing we have it as a perk it states that there could be a limit. Some people on cc have commented that the limit is 15. My last cruise was in April. We paid for the AIBP and there was not a limit nor did we pay attention to how many drinks we had. I know we spent a lot of time at the Bellini bar.... What we found is some days we drank a lot and others not really. Overall, I think the package is expensive to purchase. I just like the idea of not having to worry about drink prices and pre paying for the package allows us to budget our vacation in a way that works for us. Most drinks fall in the AIBP category and I'm fine with that. I also enjoy the 40% off bottles under $100 that you can get with the AIBP

Since the comments about any drink limits for the AIBP I have not seen any posts saying that that it was enforced onboard.

Since the comments about any drink limits for the AIBP I have not seen any posts saying that that it was enforced onboard.

On my next cruise (booked under Sip & Sail), I guess I will have to drink 16 alcoholic beverages on the same day just so I can post the results on Cruise Critic. But I see a couple of problems:

• I'm not sure I'll be able to count by the time I get to 13 or 14 drinks, so how will I know when I reach 16.
  • I'm not sure I'll remember how to post on Cruise Critic after drinking the 16 drinks.

It's a tough job, but someone has to make this sacrifice to gain knowledge to answer this question.:evilsmile:

On my next cruise (booked under Sip & Sail), I guess I will have to drink 16 alcoholic beverages on the same day just so I can post the results on Cruise Critic. But I see a couple of problems:

• I'm not sure I'll be able to count by the time I get to 13 or 14 drinks, so how will I know when I reach 16.
  • I'm not sure I'll remember how to post on Cruise Critic after drinking the 16 drinks.

It's a tough job, but someone has to make this sacrifice to gain knowledge to answer this question.:evilsmile:

Noble of you. Very noble indeed to do this research for the benefit of all.

Sure.

I thought I saw a post mentioned on a different thread where the poster had asked on board and were told there is limit. I've seen many posts state when then have asked the bartenders are not aware of limits. I can't recall someone actually saying they were denied a drink. I mentioned my comment as what my booking stated and my own experience with the AIBP. Not sure why you felt I was not clear on what I had mentioned.

My reply was about how they might control sharing. Saying there's a drink limit assists Princess in controlling sharing, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As was pointed out by one of the responders to my question yesterday, I re-initiated the question initially raised in July 2015 regarding the method used to identify AIBP customers - more specifically, does Princess still place stickers on the cards of AIBP passengers. Thanks for all of the responses from those of you who have cruised in recent months and who advise that Princess no longer uses stickers to identify AIBP passengers; rather, when the card is swiped, the computer system reflects for the bartender whether the passenger has the AIBP or not. Your responses also indicate that there is no "drink limit" - at least no limit that has been reached by anyone or enforced by any bartender, notwithstanding a rumor here and there on "the boards" that a drink limit (12, 14, 16 ??) per 24-hour period exists. This will be our first cruise on Princess and our first experience with AIBP. Our M.O. on our previous cruises has been to go to a bar and have a couple of beers/drinks while waiting for our cabin to be ready, and I didn't want to run up a "bar bill" before we get recognized as being AIBP passengers :cool: Thanks again for your responses.