No Dynamic Dining on Oasis Class

With them not bringing dynamic dining to Oasis class does this mean separating the main dining room into separate restaurants was a waste? Did they also convert the Allure dining room in the recent dry dock?

Edited by JBlock54

With them not bringing dynamic dining to Oasis class does this mean separating the main dining room into separate restaurants was a waste? Did they also convert the Allure dining room in the recent dry dock?

All they did was change the name and the decor but yes it does appear to be a waste.

Our confirmation copy for the Harmony 2016 Xmas n New Years reservations states that we are on Classic 2 Dining. We r going to be really disappointed if they r going to do away with DD on Oasis class. We really enjoyed the DD on our B2B 19 nights on Anthem last May.

Our confirmation copy for the Harmony 2016 Xmas n New Years reservations states that we are on Classic 2 Dining. We r going to be really disappointed if they r going to do away with DD on Oasis class. We really enjoyed the DD on our B2B 19 nights on Anthem last May.

If you read through the link confirming that there will be no DD on Harmony, Oasis and Allure you will see that it says that your reservations will be changed in July.

Q: IS DYNAMIC DINING COMING TO THE ENTIRE FLEET?

A: The revolutionary Dynamic Dining concept was created for Royal Caribbean International’s newest and

most technologically advanced Quantum-class ships. It has been decided not to introduce the Dynamic

Dining concept to the rest of the fleet, which was not specifically designed to support it, although previously

announced for Oasis Class ships.

Your clients booked on Oasis of the Seas, Allure of the Seas and Harmony of the Seas will select from two

seating times in the main dining room; the flexible My Time Dining program which offers guests the flexibility

to select their own seating time and table companions in a dedicated portion of the main dining room; or

from an extensive variety of specialty restaurants, giving Oasis-class guests over 20 incredible dining options.

Q: I HAVE CLIENTS BOOKED ON HARMONY OF THE SEAS, WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH THEIR EXISTING

DYNAMIC DINING RESERVATION?

A: Guests on Harmony of Seas who have already pre-selected the Dynamic Dining Classic option for their

upcoming cruise will be assigned to either early or late seating to match their original choice of time. Guests

who have selected the Dynamic Dining Choice option will be assigned to the My Time Dining program.

Q: WHEN WILL MY CLIENT'S DYNAMIC DINING RESERVATIONS FOR HARMONY BE CONVERTED?

A: All dining reservations for guests sailing on Harmony of the Seas should be converted by the end of July 2015.

Q: WILL THE MAIN DINING ROOM MENUS STAY THE SAME EVERY NIGHT?

A: The Main Dining Room will continue to offer a different dinner menu each night.

Q. HAVE ANY NEW RESTAURANTS BEEN ADDED TO OASIS CLASS SHIPS?

A. Sabor Taqueria and Tequila Bar, Boardwalk Doghouse and updated versions of Chops Grille and Izumi

Hibachi & Sushi have joined Giovanni’s Table, Solarium Bistro, and 150 Central Park onboard. Coastal

Kitchen, our exclusive restaurant for top suite residents and their guests, as well as Pinnacle members

has also been added. Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine will be added to Harmony of the Seas in 2016.

OASIS CLASS DYNAMIC DINING FAQS (CONT)

Q. WHEN WILL MY CLIENTS BE ABLE TO MAKE SPECIALTY RESTAURANT RESERVATION ON OASIS CLASS SHIPS?

A. All venues are open and pre-cruise dinner reservations for Sabor, Chops Grille,

Izumi, Giovanni’s Table, Solarium Bistro and 150 Central Park can be made via the

Cruise Planner. Reservations for Coastal Kitchen can be made onboard.

Q: WILL THERE BE A FORMAL NIGHT/CAPTAIN’S NIGHT IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM?

A: The Main Dining Room will continue to offer Formal Nights.

Q: DOES THE MAIN DINING ROOM HAVE A FEE?

A: The Main Dining Room is complimentary.

Q: IS THERE A KIDS’ MENUS IN THE MAIN DINING ROOM?

A: The main dining room offers a complimentary children’s menu. Select specialty restaurants also offer special

menus for children with an $8 reduced service charge (6-12 yrs old) and kids five and under eat free.

--- ADDITIONAL BACKGROUND ---

Q: WHAT IS DYNAMIC DINING?

A: The revolutionary Dynamic Dining concept was created with the debut of Royal Caribbean International’s

newest and most technologically advanced Quantum-class ships. Dynamic Dining was created exclusively

to give guests on these smart ships the greatest flexibility and choice within a landscape of 18 distinctive

restaurants. There are no set dinner times, no required formal nights, and no assigned seats.

Q: WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL DINING AND DYNAMIC DINING?

A: Traditional dining consists of two dining times (main and late) in a main dining room. The

Dynamic Dining experience encompasses the entire landscape of unique dining venues. The new

philosophy is simple: give our guests more options, more flexibility, more control over their dining

experience. There are no set dining times, no required formal night, and no assigned seats.

This seems like the culmination of a lot of bad decisions. They never should have tried to convert Oasis and Allure to Dynamic Dining. A traditional MDR is not multiple individual venues and cannot easily be made into that. They should have designed Harmony and Oasis 4 with this in mind from the start to offer a truly DD venue setup that would function. That would have also given them class diversity so that multiple Oasis class vessels sailing from Florida would offer different dining types to allow guests another detail to decide on since the itineraries are all basically the same 7 night ones. The real backlash also seemed to start with the announcement and conversion of Oasis so they could have completely avoided that. This looks like one of those times where they had a good idea that if walked carefully could have succeeded, but they chose to push it to hard and fast causing heavy pushback from guests. As a result it's reputation has been tarnished beyond saving. Many companies have done this before, it's never smart to jump to quickly with new ideas this drastically different than the existing. I think it would have been a huge success if done right on Harmony. The Oasis class has always had Dynamic Entertainment but static dining, this would have been the key to making that class finally work properly. Now we'll never get to find out.

Edited by DEIx15x8

If you are booked on the Oasis, Allure or Harmony check your dining times. I had to change our dining time on a few cruises. We were not assigned late (which we prefer) on all our cruises. on these 3 ships.

Check with RCCL or your TA to verify that you have the dining times you wish.

I would have tried the new restaurants, but I'm not all that broken up about it. I've been doing casual options more and more in recent years anyway.

I've heard about NCL going through similar issues from some of their customers. It didn't work as well when they added their Freestyle concept to ships that weren't designed for it. Obviously NCL hangs their hat on Freestyle, so they had to keep working at it.

It's likely not as big of a priority for RCI since they're conceding that it should only be on purpose built ships.

Edited by DarthGrady

The more things change, the more they stay the same. :confused:

They seem to always be pushing/selling the Specialty Restaurants everywhere you go, so maybe they are not doing as well as they should be.....to me it usually sounds as if they are 'desperate' to fill them.

Maybe if they had a few less of them, or only some of them were open each night, and the staff that was not being utilized in those restaurants was put back into the MDR to improve service there....they would have restaurants filled better each evening and still offer options to cruisers.

Put me into the disappointed corner. I love MTD and I loved DD as a natural progression of the MTD concept. What a waste of time and money redoing the decor if they are not going to have the menu that goes with the theme. It is weird sitting in Silk eating Beef Wellington. Very disappointed. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now the main dining room is just weirdly decorated. They need to remodel the dining rooms and make them like they used to be!

You are right, they ruined the dining rooms and now they are weirdly decorated. What a complete waste.

Curious (and disappointing) that Harmony will be the same as Oasis and Allure. I wonder if they will change the design plans for the MDR or keep them as is. No change (yet) in the Harmony "dining options" description - still DD. The majority of reviews appear to have a negative opinion.

We were looking forward to trying Dynamic Dining on Harmony. Unfortunately, it looks like this isn't going to happen. I liked the idea of having a choice of dining venues each day/night. Oh well, back to MTD, different menu each night.

Tom

We were looking forward to trying Dynamic Dining on Harmony. Unfortunately, it looks like this isn't going to happen. I liked the idea of having a choice of dining venues each day/night. Oh well, back to MTD, different menu each night.

Tom

My views exactly.