METAL WALLS??? This storage option is GENIUS!!!

roberooski

Ok, so I read the thread about cabin 7412 on the Glory (sideways cabin) and this was so casually mentioned.....

...."Here you can see the hallway door on the right side of the photo. The large blank wall in this photo became our hat rack using magnetic clips that I took along (the walls are metal.) Although not in the photo, the bathroom was located behind that wall with the door opening up towards the closets."

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-1...o/IMG_0354.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-B...o/IMG_0355.JPG

Can we talk about how GENIUS this is?!?! I have never even thought of this...I'm going on the Fascination with 2 teenage girls and their wet bikinis during Labor Day weekend. I am IN LOVE with this idea.

So my question is....do I remember correctly that most of the walls on the Carnival ships are like this???

I don't believe every ship has walls that are metal. On the Dream, they were. On the Sunshine, they were not. However, the door entering our cabin was. We used magnets to hang all the important papers. I guess I would take magnets just in case.

I know they were metal on Conquest cuz I brought magnets to hold notes.

This is a brilliant idea! I'm a mom to 3 teen girls, so any space saving organizational suggestions are a huge help.

Thankfully they will have their own cabin so their mess won't be in my way. LOL Does anyone know if the Magic has metal walls so I can use this idea too?

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!

- Cindy

You're going to put hooks on the wall and hang dripping suits there? Won't that soak the carpet?

Just hang wet swimsuits on the string in the shower!

I've sailed with 3 females on Fantasy (once with 2 teens, once with 2 friends) and we didn't have any problem with space. Yeah, it was tight in the bathroom with us all getting ready for dinner, but we managed.

I don't believe every ship has walls that are metal. On the Dream, they were. On the Sunshine, they were not. However, the door entering our cabin was. We used magnets to hang all the important papers. I guess I would take magnets just in case.

I'm curious what you think these walls are made of... Plastic?, Wood?, Fiberglass?

I'm intrigued what the walls on the Sunshine are made of, never been on that ship.

Edited by LostPuppy

You're going to put hooks on the wall and hang dripping suits there? Won't that soak the carpet?

Just hang wet swimsuits on the string in the shower!

I've sailed with 3 females on Fantasy (once with 2 teens, once with 2 friends) and we didn't have any problem with space. Yeah, it was tight in the bathroom with us all getting ready for dinner, but we managed.

LOL!! That's a good point! I guess I got carried away thinking this was a brilliant idea and my first thought was the bikinis! LOL! Yeah, dripping might be a problem!

I'm not worried about space, honestly, I just thought it was cool!

And if I could hang extra things on the walls, that would just encourage me to overpack (even more). I'm striving to pack less and less but I've been slipping lately. I'll blame SW for no baggage fees and myself for the times I drive to port. :o

An over the door shoe rack was a wonderful help our last cruise, kept all the small items in order and organized

I'm a fan of the over the door racks too. Everyone isn't. They think it's about space. :rolleyes: Not for me, like you said if about being organized.

Great for those small items, and I don't unpack every pocket from trip to trip. Some things stay, ready for the next trip/cruise.

This is a brilliant idea! I'm a mom to 3 teen girls, so any space saving organizational suggestions are a huge help.

Thankfully they will have their own cabin so their mess won't be in my way. LOL Does anyone know if the Magic has metal walls so I can use this idea too?

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!

- Cindy

We used these clips on our last Magic cruise. I took 8 clips - we only used 4 for our hats, but I can see where these could come in handy for a lot of things.

I am fascinated as to how many people don't "dry off" before heading back to their cabins! Totally fascinating! I take a dip, rinse off..and sit in the sun until my suit is only damp, at best! So many freak out about "wet suits"...we've never had that problem!

I'm staying in one of the sideways rooms on the Conquest next February and just ordered some (strong) magnet hooks to put on that wall. When we had a balcony room we would never sit on the couch...but my husband would fold up his jeans and other assorted clothing items and put them there. I figure these will keep those clothing items off the floor and both me and the cabin steward a little happier, lol.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by NoDayButToday

I am fascinated as to how many people don't "dry off" before heading back to their cabins! Totally fascinating! I take a dip, rinse off..and sit in the sun until my suit is only damp, at best! So many freak out about "wet suits"...we've never had that problem!

I laughed at this....so true, but then when I get back to the cabin I rinse out the suit because I figure it either has chlorine or salt water sitting in it! But rather than have it drip all over and never dry off (especially in inside cabins) I roll it up in a towel for a few minutes to take out all the excess moisture. Works like a charm and then I hang it either on the clothesline string in the shower or on a towel bar.

I don't bring hooks, but Wacky Tack is a wonderful way to hang up important papers and schedules on the wall and then just pull it down with no lasting effects on the walls. And if you could have seen the activity/dining/excursion spreadsheet I had on my last cruise, you'd get it!

We always travel with a few of the larger suction cup hooks, works great on any solid surface.

They come in many sizes too.

A few plastic clothes pins are also in our travel kit. Used many times.

Edited by silvercrikhix

I'm a fan of the over the door racks too. Everyone isn't. They think it's about space. :rolleyes: Not for me, like you said if about being organized.

Great for those small items, and I don't unpack every pocket from trip to trip. Some things stay, ready for the next trip/cruise.

Wow! THANK YOU!!! I have been on many cruises and NEVER EVER thought to keep items in the pockets! When we travel on land vacations, we stay in timeshares and have plenty of room and dont use the over the door hangers. I only use them for cruising. I have four cruises booked and will keep some things in the pockets beginning wih my September DCL cruise.

Thank you.