Does the price of Cheers drop during the Fall?

detroitlions

I have noticed the last few years the price of the Cheers package drops in the Fall is this typical? I also am wondering why Carnival does not have a Beer and Wine package like other lines IF you don't drink mixed drinks it probably steers you away from the price of Cheers. I found NCL much better than Carnival in that regard.

I have noticed the last few years the price of the Cheers package drops in the Fall is this typical? I also am wondering why Carnival does not have a Beer and Wine package like other lines IF you don't drink mixed drinks it probably steers you away from the price of Cheers. I found NCL much better than Carnival in that regard.

As a beer drinker, I've wondered this as well. They really should tier the packages. I think they'd sell more, since they're now accommodating those that don't drink liquor drinks all day. I'd 100% buy a beer package that was cheaper than the all-inclusive one they have now.

There are wine packages available.

And you can get buckets of beer that are (slightly) discounted.

I just don't see Carnival coming up with multiple types of drink packages when it seems that Cheers is very popular.

The price was only lowered for a short time last year as a trial but it wasn't successful so it went back up. I've not heard of any plans to make seasonal pricing.

I know they were recalculating drink prices earlier in the year and that's why the small bar menu's that used to be at each bar were removed. I haven't been on a ship since February so I don't know if they have changed and the menu's are back or not.

I just don't see Carnival coming up with multiple types of drink packages when it seems that Cheers is very popular.

What is the wine package? Is that paying a fee and then getting a discount on what you order?

That is why I went to NCL last cruise and may do it again if I cant get a cruise cheap enuff to off set the price of drinks. All the other major lines have multiple packages Carnivals is the worse. NCL, and Royals packages way better.

The price was only lowered for a short time last year as a trial but it wasn't successful so it went back up. I've not heard of any plans to make seasonal pricing.

I know they were recalculating drink prices earlier in the year and that's why the small bar menu's that used to be at each bar were removed. I haven't been on a ship since February so I don't know if they have changed and the menu's are back or not.

This post makes no sense. Really, people didn't like to pay less, so they raised the prices.

This post makes no sense. Really, people didn't like to pay less, so they raised the prices.

I am guessing that Carnival lowered the price to see if more people would by Cheers. Not enough new people bought the program to make it financially worthwhile, so they set the price back where it was.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

it actually does make sense. maybe needed a little more detail

The price was only lowered for a short time last year as a trial but it wasn't successful FOR CARNIVAL so it went back up. I've not heard of any plans to make seasonal pricing.

That's not the same as what OP was referencing. Carnival's wine "packages" are basically just "X bottles of wine for $Y," and it's a smidge cheaper than buying each bottle individually.

Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean has different tiers of their Cheers equivalent program. There's one that's tailored for beer and wine drinkers, one for folks like myself who love specialty coffee, one for all the hard liquors and cocktails, etc. They recognize that not everybody drinks the same and so they offer unlimited packages of various types. And the best part? On our last RC cruise I got one of the packages and my wife (in the same stateroom) did not have to get it.

That's great if Carnival's offerings work for you, but this is one area where they are years behind brands like RCL and NCL.

Pretty sure it means that they lowered the prices in hopes that more people would buy the package, and in turn they'd make a lot more money. But it didn't go that way. They didn't get more people buying, it stayed the same, so they were making less money, so they raised the price again.

Another question, we are going on an 11 day on the Dream. Any discounts for longer cruises. at the regular rate the price will close to $1200 with tip for 2.

Nope, you pay the same daily price whether it's 3 days or 14 days.

Last year when I sailed the Legend to Australia (22 days), the price had just been lowered to $37.50 a day plus gratuity. I guess they sold a lot, because they returned the smuggled booze that people had brought on because they were way ahead on their alcohol sales. I guess, even at 22 days, the price was right for a lot of people. The thought of consuming that much alcohol for 22 days straight make my tummy hurt...LOL

That's not the same as what OP was referencing. Carnival's wine "packages" are basically just "X bottles of wine for $Y," and it's a smidge cheaper than buying each bottle individually.

Meanwhile, Royal Caribbean has different tiers of their Cheers equivalent program. There's one that's tailored for beer and wine drinkers, one for folks like myself who love specialty coffee, one for all the hard liquors and cocktails, etc. They recognize that not everybody drinks the same and so they offer unlimited packages of various types. And the best part? On our last RC cruise I got one of the packages and my wife (in the same stateroom) did not have to get it.

That's great if Carnival's offerings work for you, but this is one area where they are years behind brands like RCL and NCL.

I completely agree with you. Carnival needs to catch up and "fix" the cheers program. Merely lowering prices will not increase the bottom line. Adding "tiers" to the existing program can only be a plus for carnival. The people that buy the existing program will continue to buy but you will add a lot of people buying the added programs.

I wish they would "fix it also. I would buy it but I am not buying it for me and my dad. I am not paying $600 for drinks for one week. $300 is pushing it but I would consider it for the convenience of not having to worry about it. Instead, we drink in ports, get a bucket or two of beers, maybe have 1 mixed drink.

I can see why they make all adults in the room have it...I am sure cheating would be rampant. But still...there has to be a better way. For the time, i won't buy it for two people no matter how low they make it since it's not worth it for one person to "pay double".

I wish they would "fix it also. I would buy it but I am not buying it for me and my dad. I am not paying $600 for drinks for one week. $300 is pushing it but I would consider it for the convenience of not having to worry about it. Instead, we drink in ports, get a bucket or two of beers, maybe have 1 mixed drink.

I can see why they make all adults in the room have it...I am sure cheating would be rampant. But still...there has to be a better way. For the time, i won't buy it for two people no matter how low they make it since it's not worth it for one person to "pay double".

I agree. There has to be a way to fix it. There's so many instances where wife can't drink because she's pregnant, or husband can't drink due to medical concerns. Why can't the other person still purchase? I mean how can a company like NCL offer drink packages FOR FREE when you book a balcony but Carnival can't allow one person in the balcony to purchase. Ok so there's the issue of sharing? Who cares? There's still a drink limit. It's not like 2 people sharing are going to drink the bar dry.

Cheers works if you don't drink wine like my husband and myself

Can't stand the stuff

We disagree with that opinion, ESPECIALLY if you drink wine.

If you have even a couple of drinks during the day and then a glass of wine or two while getting ready for dinner and then a glass before being seated, one or two with dinner and even one after dinner drink, then you have more than broken even.

gary