Refurbished Junior Suite Photos

Does anyone have photos of a refurbished Explorer of the Seas Junior Suite? As they usually refurbish them the same in each class, any of the Voyager, etc should be the same (I think).

Any photos would be appreciated.

Thanks

Di

The rooms do not get refurbished in Drydock. They may have items repaired or carpet changed on an as needed basis but hey will look the same.

JS onExplorer had new carpets new drapes new net curtains and the sofa looked different.

Better seats and table on balcony too.

Does anyone have photos of a refurbished Explorer of the Seas Junior Suite? As they usually refurbish them the same in each class, any of the Voyager, etc should be the same (I think).

Any photos would be appreciated.

Thanks

Di

I was on the Navigator post-refurb. I don't have pictures of a JS, but we saw one on our cabin crawl, and the new color scheme was the same in all the cabin categories. There are some pictures in posts #3 and #4 on this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236466

We were in an Explorer aft JS post dry dock. The cabin looked great -it had new carpet and the balcony was fantastic. In fact, I didn't get too many pictures of the room because I was too busy enjoying the view from the balcony. :D But, we loved the room.

18405086644_4fde7d84fb_z.jpgDSC_0068 by Dawn Johnson, on Flickr"]

18839970118_b614fe06e6_z.jpgDSC_0067 by Dawn Johnson, on Flickr"][/url]

18841439029_235f36153f_z.jpgDSC_0064 by Dawn Johnson, on Flickr"][/url]

18839916470_13c856306b_z.jpgDSC_0065 by Dawn Johnson, on Flickr"][/url]

We were in cabin 1694 on deck 10. We heard no noise whatsoever from the connecting cabin. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Thank you for sharing your photos. Do you know if 1394 next door was similarly refreshed (fingers crossed)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The rooms do not get refurbished in Drydock. They may have items repaired or carpet changed on an as needed basis but hey will look the same.

Well that's clearly nonsense.

All the ships are getting refurbished staterooms in the current revitalisation programme. They're moving from aqua & orange, to navy blue and oatmeal/beige. We've been seeing these new look staterooms for the last year or so as each ship enters & leaves drydock.

Carpets, curtains (or drapes if you're in America), sofas, chairs, bedding are all brand new. You can't get much more refurbished than that.

Well that's clearly nonsense.

All the ships are getting refurbished staterooms in the current revitalisation programme. They're moving from aqua & orange, to navy blue and oatmeal/beige. We've been seeing these new look staterooms for the last year or so as each ship enters & leaves drydock.

Carpets, curtains (or drapes if you're in America), sofas, chairs, bedding are all brand new. You can't get much more refurbished than that.

The one thing that is for sure is that RCI ships are very well maintained.

Blanket statements one way or the other can be disproved though as the ship revitalizations have not been standard, across the board, but have instead been done on a ship by ship basis based on need and previous standard.

I have now sailed on 6 RCI ships directly following their refurbishments and the fact is that on a ship like Serenade they only needed to replace the flooring in the bathrooms and on the balcony. On Vision they did nothing beyond a deep cleaning to the inside and standard cabins, while they completely re-did the deck 8 suites in their entirety. On Navigator and some other ships all cabin furnishings were reupholstered and not new. My Oasis balcony cabin had several minor issues, like damaged cabinetry, that had not even been touched under dry-dock and little work was done in the cabins on Oasis.

Thank you for sharing your photos. Do you know if 1394 next door was similarly refreshed (fingers crossed)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know the balcony looked great and had the same furnishings as ours. I did not see the inside of the state room but expect it would have been similarly refreshed. Enjoy your cruise!

We were in cabin 1694 on deck 10. We heard no noise whatsoever from the connecting cabin. I would not hesitate to book this cabin again.

Thanks for the info. We have had a couple of connecting cabins and so far we have had good neighbours, or good doors :)

Your cabin looked great. Does the JS have a bathtub/shower or just shower?

We had a bathtub/shower as well as a "walk-in" closet (although not nearly as large as the real walk-in closets on the Radiance. One of the great things about the JSs is the ample storage and extra space in the bathroom.