Navigator of the Seas

Questions:

1) If we board in the 11am hour, can we eat a meal on the ship while we wait to sail?

2) Can you pay by the minute for internet? On RCCL's site, it won't show us internet pricing.

3) Do they have comedy shows or bingo most days? Is bingo free? Is there plenty of free entertainment?

4) Do you ever feel crowded-lines everywhere- on the ship?

5) Are any of the parking options acceptable? Some worse than others in Galveston? Cheaper to pay there or pay online on galveston's site?

Thank you a million!!

Edited by yousee1

Yes, Windjammer and Cafe Promenade will be open for lunch when you board.

You cannot pay by the minute for Internet. Packages only.

Comedy shows and bingo are offered several times during the cruise. Bingo is not free. There is a lot of free entertainment.

There may be a few lines, like waiting for an elevator at the close of shows, or waiting for a tender. I don't think I feel crowded most of the time.

We use Galveston Park N Cruise. It's right across from the terminal. Easy walk, no shuttle.

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Questions:

1) If we board in the 11am hour, can we eat a meal on the ship while we wait to sail? Windjammer is the main location( it will get very crowded) also an option is the Promenade. while not nearly the selection, it is much less hectic

2) Can you pay by the minute for internet? On RCCL's site, it won't show us internet pricing. the package options recently changed and we never use it on board so am not up to speed on the current limits

3) Do they have comedy shows or bingo most days? Is bingo free? Is there plenty of free entertainment? usualy only one comedian. typically 2 shows.. one family friendly and one adult only later that night and it will only be that one night. Bingo is NOT free. again we don't play so no idea of the cost. stuff will be going on all day every day although port days will be less busy. there will be a mix of for fee and free options. if it does cost, the price will be listed.

4) Do you ever feel crowded-lines everywhere- on the ship? to date, NAV is the largest class we have sailed and aside from the Promenade during big events like the captain's welcome cocktail party, it is not that bad.

5) Are any of the parking options acceptable? Some worse than others in Galveston? Cheaper to pay there or pay online on galveston's site? we used Lighthouse and were VERY happy with it( we paid for covered parking) based o n feed back form others there are no 'bad' options. we pre reserved and got a small discount

Thank you a million!!

the cabins will not be available til about 1 or so so plan accordingly. by the same token, the Buffet clears out around that time.

Thank you!

More questions:

What time is the best time to check in? What should we expect for wait times from check in at the terminal to getting on the ship?

Any idea on estimates on internet cost?

What is the bingo cost?

Are there just two free restaurants- the Wind Jammer and the dining room?

When they say formal nights, does this mean we need to bring what we would wear to a wedding as guests on the ship so we can wear it to dinner?

Edited by yousee1

define restaurant: the Promenade and the coffee bar also have free food although mostly small sandwiches, cookies, etc. good for a drive by snack. there is also room service although that does have a cost from midnight to 5 am. they may offer a poolside grill one day as well with burgers and dogs and BBQ chicken.

not sure if the new terminal is done yet but the old one was very small, and got massively crowded. by 11 they may actually have begun boarding so it would go much easier.

there are different price packages for bingo so that varies.

Questions:

1) If we board in the 11am hour, can we eat a meal on the ship while we wait to sail?

2) Can you pay by the minute for internet? On RCCL's site, it won't show us internet pricing.

3) Do they have comedy shows or bingo most days? Is bingo free? Is there plenty of free entertainment?

5) Are any of the parking options acceptable? Some worse than others in Galveston? Cheaper to pay there or pay online on galveston's site?

Thank you a million!!

Welcome to cruise critic! We enjoyed our Two Navigator Cruises and are sure you will enjoy yours.

Bingo is expensive for the payout and we try to shy away from it - even though we are one of the few free cruise winners.

We got to the dock at 11:00 am, and we're on the ship by 11:20 and exploring!! Ate lunch about 12:30 in the Windjammer and although super busy...staff were clearing tables & helping people locate seats...and we got great seats, by a window!! Rooms were ready at 1:00 pm, and we checked it out, changed into swimsuits and swam until muster! The Navigator is an amazing ship with a a wonderful staff...have a great vacay!

Questions:

Thank you a million!!

RCI does not like that word.

The Cafe Promenade on deck five offers pastries and fruit in the mornings, sandwiches, piazza, desserts, fruit, cookies, coffee, tea and water at no extra charge and is open about 23 hours a day. Typically, there is poolside lunch offered on sea days. Sometimes its burgers and dogs, sometimes Mexican, sometimes paella, etc.

For Internet package pricing, go to royalcaribbean.com and login to your cruise account. Once there, click on your the link for your cruise under "Your Reservation" section on the left. Next, look for the "Cruise Planner" tab. Click on that, then click on the "Get Started" button. From there, you should be able to browse all the extras for your cruise, including Internet packages. We are on the Oct 18th sailing and it's $140 ($20/day) for one concurrent device. It's $210 ($30/day) for two concurrent devices. You must buy it for all days, and that's the total price - no taxes or service charges.

For Internet package pricing, go to royalcaribbean.com and login to your cruise account. Once there, click on your the link for your cruise under "Your Reservation" section on the left. Next, look for the "Cruise Planner" tab. Click on that, then click on the "Get Started" button. From there, you should be able to browse all the extras for your cruise, including Internet packages. We are on the Oct 18th sailing and it's $140 ($20/day) for one concurrent device. It's $210 ($30/day) for two concurrent devices. You must buy it for all days, and that's the total price - no taxes or service charges.

Weirdly, internet packages are not available. I called them and it's about $30 for 60 minutes. Yikes.

Formal nights- are there perks such as free drinks or anything? Do you guys ultimately enjoy the nights? I don't like dressing up, but I wonder if it becomes fun.

No free drinks associated just with formal nights but the Captain's reception may offer them and that is typically on the first formal night.

For the most part we no longer dress too formally but always dress nicely and often will go to specialty restaurants on formal nights as an option to the MDR.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Formal nights- are there perks such as free drinks or anything? Do you guys ultimately enjoy the nights? I don't like dressing up, but I wonder if it becomes fun.

At the Captain's Party which is held on one of the Formal days you will receive a free drink However it's generally cheap champagne. Other than that no free drinks unless you are staying in a full suite or a Diamond C&A member.

one of the two nights is the Captain's reception with roving bartenders serving one or two things. not really worth going out of your way for.

but if you want pictures, then dress up. the backgrounds on formal night are better suited to people who get into the spirit of things

'dressing up' need only be a button down shirt, a nice pair of slacks and a tie on the guys and nice cocktail dress on the ladies.

Weirdly, internet packages are not available. I called them and it's about $30 for 60 minutes. Yikes.

That's strange. When do you sail? Maybe it's so far in the future, they have not set the packages yet?

They are giving you bad info. There are no "per minute" prices anymore. As stated above, the price should be $20/day for one device if you buy for the entire cruise.

We are currently trying to figure out which drink package to get. Is there anywhere I Can get a list of what Brand names are in the Premium package and which ones are included in the Ultimate?

The Premium and Ultimate packages have identical coverage of alcoholic beverages. Each includes cocktails up to $12.

We are currently trying to figure out which drink package to get. Is there anywhere I Can get a list of what Brand names are in the Premium package and which ones are included in the Ultimate?

Wait until you get onboard... The prices were noticeably cheaper than the pre purchase online.

Also, wait a day if you board late. Not much time to get your days worth on boarding day. (our experience at least).

This is a fantastic ship IMO. The dining staff was top notch and room attendants were extremely accommodating, The shows (minus the first nights show) were very-very good. Did not think I would like the ice skating show, I actually liked it a lot. Do not miss Quest. Arrive early. Seating was at a premium. Attend the bar tender show before to secure good seating.

The Premium and Ultimate packages have identical coverage of alcoholic beverages. Each includes cocktails up to $12.

Sailed on NOS in Feb 2015 with an Ultimate package and never had an up-charge for any drink which included some of the aged single malt scotches. I also called Patron for my margaritas after we moved to sea. Roughly figured we were just at or sightly over break even with this package.