Breakfast

I will be on radiance of the seas in two weeks. We have some early excursions and was wondering how early we will be able to get breakfast? And where would we go to get it?

The Windjammer buffet is fast and easy in my opinion.

Windjammer hours will be posted on the Cruise Compass that you will get the night before. They open for breakfast pretty early every morning. I think it somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 am but check the Compass daily for changes.

I will be on radiance of the seas in two weeks. We have some early excursions and was wondering how early we will be able to get breakfast? And where would we go to get it?

The WJ, MDR and Park Cafe open earlier when you are in port than when you have a sea day. The problem is that everyone wanting to go ashore ASAP will have the same idea as you have.......eat early, so things will get crowded.

Edited by cruisenfever

I believe that early time is a continental breakfast only. However, you can order room service to be delivered at 6AM, if I am remembering correctly. There will be a breakfast room service door hanger in your cabin. You fill out what you want, indicate the time frame, and hang it on your door when you go to bed. Usually comes right on time. And they call you a few minutes before delivery to advise it's on the way.

The dining room is much less hassle....the ship is rarely ready for folks to go ashore before the dining room starts serving!

Room service is an option, but not as many selections.

But the dining room is not as quick as the other choices, and the OP wants to get to their early excursion.

If you are really in a hurry, you could go to the windjammer and grab things you could take back to your room and eat, or eat at a table by the pool, like fruit and cereal boxes. That way you don't have to worry about finding a seat.

But the dining room is not as quick as the other choices, and the OP wants to get to their early excursion.

True, Bob, but you have to remember that the poster you responded to declares that the only "civilized" way to have breakfast is by going to the MDR.;)

Edited by negc

True, Bob, but you have to remember that the poster you responded to declares that the only "civilized" way to have breakfast is by going to the MDR.;)

How could I have forgotten.:rolleyes:

I usually do the WJ if I need to be off the ship early. Breakfast service in the MDR is usually quick, but I like to be able to control the pace when time is an issue. The WJ usually opens early, the Compass will have the exact times.

Too bad they cant even fry an egg correctly :rolleyes:

I especially dislike the ice cream scoop of cold scrambled eggs (portion control at its worst) that they serve in the main dining room and forget about finding the assistant waiter for a second serving of toast, pastries etc.

This was a good question. I was thinking that ordering room service on early port days would be a good idea. With a suite, will we get more selection or is it pretty standard fair?

I always enjoyed going to the MDR for breakfast. It was quiet and very pleasant. I also noticed that not many people thought about the MDR for breakfast.

I also heard Johnny Rockets served breakfast but wasn't sure what they offered.

Thanks,

Maggie

This was a good question. I was thinking that ordering room service on early port days would be a good idea. With a suite, will we get more selection or is it pretty standard fair?

I always enjoyed going to the MDR for breakfast. It was quiet and very pleasant. I also noticed that not many people thought about the MDR for breakfast.

Thanks,

Maggie

You can order off the MDR menu when you are in a Grand Suite or better.

Thanks,

Maggie

:

Here is the Johnny Rockets Breakfast Menu. You will also have access to the Coastal Kitchen which we enjoyed on Quantum.

I especially dislike the ice cream scoop of cold scrambled eggs (portion control at its worst) that they serve in the main dining room and forget about finding the assistant waiter for a second serving of toast, pastries etc.

This may be true,but at least all the condiments and the syrup are right in front of you and you don't have to search endlessly for them like you do in the WJ !! :rolleyes:;)

This may be true,but at least all the condiments and the syrup are right in front of you and you don't have to search endlessly for them like you do in the WJ !! :rolleyes:;)

Oh no, something about ketchup next to bananas is sure to pop up now :eek::eek:

Here is the Johnny Rockets Breakfast Menu. You will also have access to the Coastal Kitchen which we enjoyed on Quantum.

I don't think the Radiance has Johnny Rockets. Besides, breakfast at JR's is only on some ships. (I wish the voyager and freedom class ships had JR's breakfast).

Too bad you don't have Cafe Promenade. That is a great choice for a quick breakfast on ships that have this.

I think the buffet opens pretty early on RCI ships that don't have Cafe Promenade.

You could grab some cereal boxes and/or pastries the day before at the breakfast buffet, and/or a slice of cake from the dinner buffet.

It's OK to stop in the buffet even if you went to the MDR for dinner.

Edited by Jimnbigd

I don't think the Radiance has Johnny Rockets. Besides, breakfast at JR's is only on some ships. (I wish the voyager and freedom class ships had JR's breakfast).

Too bad you don't have Cafe Promenade. That is a great choice for a quick breakfast on ships that have this.

I think the buffet opens pretty early on RCI ships that don't have Cafe Promenade.

You could grab some cereal boxes and/or pastries the day before at the breakfast buffet, and/or a slice of cake from the dinner buffet.

It's OK to stop in the buffet even if you went to the MDR for dinner.

That is correct, no JR on any of the Radiance class ships.