7-23-15 Weigh-In Thread (day late)

Good morning, Jan. Thanks for starting this thread.

Well, I am back from my cruise. I have good news and bad news. The good news is we had a fabulous time. It was my 9 year old granddaughter's first cruise. It was great to see everything through her awestruck eyes.

The bad news is I gained 4.2lbs. :eek:

I hope that Belle is ok and it's just computer trouble.

Rose

Rose - gaining only 4# on a cruise isn't bad at all!!!! Some of it is probably water weight. I always find that I retain fluids when I cruise.

How exciting that your granddaughter was with you. I love watching the expressions of amazement. Last year we took my youngest son and his partner on a cruise ... It was truly amazing ... I heard on numerous occasions that they were having the best time of their lives .... It was so much fun!!! It makes it all worth it. Jan

HI all!

Jan ~ thanks for starting the thread. Sure hope Belle's okay.

Rose ~ that wasn't too bad a gain for a week's cruise! How did you like FOTS?

Did Sorrentos still have antipasti & desserts? My biggest disappointment with Oasis & Allure after Freedom, was the lack of food other than pizza at that place. I liked stopping there for a little snack.

Always nice to share a cruise with a newbie! I had that experience with my sister.

I went to my sister's cottage Tuesday & had a restaurant meal with a friend beforehand then visited a bakery afterwards so the damage is I'm up 0.8 lbs! I've got to smarten up as I'm almost to my highest weight again & my pants are straining at the tummy.:(

Have a nice weekend & see you next time.

~ Jo ~ :)

Well, I have two weeks of eating debauchery to unlearn and get back on track - but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Celebratory diner at Fogo de Chao in Las Vegas - the kids aced their grades last year and this was our thank you to them:

fogo.jpg

Tried to offset the good food with exercise - the ladders on a USN warship did the trick!

ship%2B14.jpg

A very happy trip!

seals01.jpg

I've been watching crossfit competitions all day - so tonight I moved the dumbbells up to the bedroom, filled the fridge with good food, and won't even look at the scale until next Thursday - then I should be maintaining focus and progressing to a looser waistband.

Good Monday morning to everyone! The good news is that I lost 2 lbs. last week. :D ... the bad news is, I won't make my goal by this Thursday. :( I will be close but as they say, "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades" LOL!

Oh, well. I keep pushing on and set a new goal that I will aspire to reach before August 27th, which will be my 27th wedding anniversary. :)

Have a fabulous week, everybody!!

Good Monday morning to everyone! The good news is that I lost 2 lbs. last week. :D ... the bad news is, I won't make my goal by this Thursday. :( I will be close but as they say, "Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades" LOL!

Oh, well. I keep pushing on and set a new goal that I will aspire to reach before August 27th, which will be my 27th wedding anniversary. :)

Have a fabulous week, everybody!!

Be proud of what you have lost --- Congratulations!!!! :) Jan

Be proud of what you have lost --- Congratulations!!!! :) Jan

Thanks, Jan! I'm definitely proud of what I lost just a little disappointed that I won't hit my goal this time...but I'm getting closer to my overall goal, so that's always a big plus! Not to mention that I feel so much better and I'm beginning to see the changes in my body. That's always a win in my book.