purchasing water

jucaha

I have read on CC that you can purchase bottled water ahead of the cruise...where and how do you do this? Is it a good deal - rather than hauling on our own? Does anyone know particulars? WE are cruising on the Coral in early September...

The Princess gifts section of their website does not show any water packages and I also drink the ship's water. I use a 20 ounce widemouth reusable Brita filter water bottle to easily add ice to keep it cold but not because I'm concerned about the water on the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I don't think you can do it on Princess ships but I know you can pre purchase on Carnival through their Fun Shops, it's around $2.99 for 12 bottles and each bottle is 16.9 oz, so it's actually a very good deal plus you don't have to lug it on. It's in your cabin when you arrive.

I do agree that all the cruise lines could make life so much easier for passengers if they would only pre sell water to us. IMHO

Like Pam, we brink empty water bottles with us and fill them with ice and water at the beverage station. To prevent spreading germs, I fill a glass with ice and pour it into my bottle. I then fill another glass with water and pour it in until full.

I agree with Pam, and others, that there's no need to bring water with you when the ship's water is perfectly fine to drink. Just bring one bottle with you and keep refilling it on board as needed.

I'm interested in this because my doctor has advised me to drink bottled water because of sodium concerns (and resultant leg swelling)...who knows if those concerns are real or not. This advice comes with the additonal recommendation to avoid all soups and sauces, which I can easily deal with. But water? That's a biggie. According to my research, it's a toss-up whether the ship's water has more sodium than bottled water. Does anybody happen to know the brand of bottled water offered? I know Dasani tends to run toward the higher sodium than, say, Poland Spring, so if it's Dasani, I think I'll just drink wine. :)

My husband is a throat cancer survivor and his salivary glands no longer work properly because of the radiation he had, so he has to carry water with him at all times because his mouth gets so dry. We will be landing in fort lauderdale the day of the cruise and were hoping to have our taxi driver bring us to a store near the cruise port where we can buy a case of water to bring on board. Does anyone know offhand if there is some kind of store that sells bottled water between the airport and the cruise port??

Thank you!

Princess does not off water packages. DH needs a lot of extra water to drink. We contacted them and they told us we could bring on as much water as we wanted but they offer no packages with 20oz bottles of water.

So we will be stopping on our way to the Coral in September picking up 2 cases of water to carry on. They did say all we had to do was put a luggage on them and they will be delivered to out staterooms.

My husband is a throat cancer survivor and his salivary glands no longer work properly because of the radiation he had, so he has to carry water with him at all times because his mouth gets so dry. We will be landing in fort lauderdale the day of the cruise and were hoping to have our taxi driver bring us to a store near the cruise port where we can buy a case of water to bring on board. Does anyone know offhand if there is some kind of store that sells bottled water between the airport and the cruise port??

Thank you!

Yes, there is a CVS, Walgreens, Publix, etc on the way from the airport to the port area. Just tell your taxi or shuttle driver you would like to stop, and be prepared to pay the extra as they wait for you...

Just curious, as your husband has to have water with him all the time, why not a refillable bottle he can keep on him, is distinctive, etc? Congrats inches surviving, best wishes for continued health.

Yes, there is a CVS, Walgreens, Publix, etc on the way from the airport to the port area. Just tell your taxi or shuttle driver you would like to stop, and be prepared to pay the extra as they wait for you...

Just curious, as your husband has to have water with him all the time, why not a refillable bottle he can keep on him, is distinctive, etc? Congrats inches surviving, best wishes for continued health.

Thank you very much! About refillable...it's fine if we can wash it with very hot water and dish soap each time. His doctor told him that refilling empty plastic bottles leaves lingering germs that can hurt him unless they are completely clean each time, and that's a little hard on a ship. But thank you.

I'm interested in this because my doctor has advised me to drink bottled water because of sodium concerns (and resultant leg swelling)...who knows if those concerns are real or not. This advice comes with the additonal recommendation to avoid all soups and sauces, which I can easily deal with. But water? That's a biggie. According to my research, it's a toss-up whether the ship's water has more sodium than bottled water. Does anybody happen to know the brand of bottled water offered? I know Dasani tends to run toward the higher sodium than, say, Poland Spring, so if it's Dasani, I think I'll just drink wine. :)

Sailing out of U.S. ports, it's generally been Crystal Geyser. Sailing out of Europe, I've had Evian and some Italian brand I don't recall. I have never seen Dasani onboard, despite them using Coca-Cola products otherwise.

Carnival just started selling water through their online store ahead cheaper $2.99 for 12 pack of 16 oz bottles because you can no longer bring bottles of drinks on board. If you order on board it is $4.99 same water. Seems a good deal. Perhaps this is where you can purchase water on other cruise ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think you can do it on Princess ships but I know you can pre purchase on Carnival through their Fun Shops, it's around $2.99 for 12 bottles and each bottle is 16.9 oz, so it's actually a very good deal plus you don't have to lug it on. It's in your cabin when you arrive...

This is one of the few things I liked about my one Carnival cruise (another was priority tendering as part of their FTTF program). I wish Princess would offer them both.

For the first time ever my feet swelled in the heat (at home/work) so would rather not have too much of the ships water as I believe it is higher in salt content.

I am in 2 minds whether to bother trying to take soft drink cans and water bottles onboard or take the easy route and buy when needed onboard.

For the first time ever my feet swelled in the heat (at home/work) so would rather not have too much of the ships water as I believe it is higher in salt content.

I am in 2 minds whether to bother trying to take soft drink cans and water bottles onboard or take the easy route and buy when needed onboard.

Really?:confused: I've never found the water to be salty. However, the food sure seems a bit more salty than we are used to at home. I put on a pound or two on a cruise that I lose in a few days after returning home. I always thought it was bloating from retaining some water from the salt in the food. Geez, maybe it was the water!:eek: