ironing

Hi is there an iron n board on explorer? Thanks

There are no irons onboard any Royal Caribbean ships and guests are prohibited from bringing irons on board. Pressing services are available at a reasonable cost and many people find that products such as Downy Wrinkle Release work well.

Edited by negc

We used Downy Wrinkle Release it worked pretty good

I used my wife's flat iron on shirts sleeves, not easy and poor results, but well it's not designed for that.

I have also tried out my hair straighteners / flat iron and found that my hair-dryer worked best !! This was done at home one morning when my iron died suddenly before an interview !! ##@$#

I just use a few mls of fabric softener in a spray bottle with water and it works similar to Downy (which we can't buy here in Australia!) and then blow the hairdryer quite close and the wrinkles come out.

I have brought a mini steamer for my next cruise and I hope that it will be allowed on board. :D 45 days and counting down....:):)

I have also tried out my hair straighteners / flat iron and found that my hair-dryer worked best !! This was done at home one morning when my iron died suddenly before an interview !! ##@$#

I just use a few mls of fabric softener in a spray bottle with water and it works similar to Downy (which we can't buy here in Australia!) and then blow the hairdryer quite close and the wrinkles come out.

I have brought a mini steamer for my next cruise and I hope that it will be allowed on board. :D 45 days and counting down....:):)

I am from Australia and I purchased a product from Coles in Australia called iron free (no more ironing) spray away creases. It comes in a travel size spray bottle. Manufacturer Hygiene plus. Used it on our last cruise and found it worked okay

I am from Australia and I purchased a product from Coles in Australia called iron free (no more ironing) spray away creases. It comes in a travel size spray bottle. Manufacturer Hygiene plus. Used it on our last cruise and found it worked okay

Thankyou for the review on Iron Free, I had seen US contributors refer to the Downey Wrinkle stuff, but Oz contibutors said it was an OIA (only in America) Drat...... But, after lots of googling, I saw Iron Free and found it in Coles. As its only about $3 I thought, worth a try for my upcoming cruise on Explorer. Glad to hear from someone who has used it that it works!

• 2 years later...

This is no longer available in Coles and I haven't been able to locate it anywhere else. Making my own now.

We used Downy Wrinkle Release it worked pretty good

I used my wife's flat iron on shirts sleeves, not easy and poor results, but well it's not designed for that.

Wait! They make spray so you don’t have to iron anymore? How did I not know this? Man the stuff you learn on Cruise Critic!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hmmm - two moves ago my ironing board did not make the trip - that was over 30 years ago. The last move lost the iron. If a garment requires ironing, it doesn’t get to live in my house. I’m fine with wrinkle release and spraying with water then hitting with a blow dryer. We do have a steamer but haven’t used that in about five years. Trust me, it can be done. Synthetic fabrics rock.