always check your flights

phabric

In May I booked our Dec flights and purchased our seats. Yesterday, Air Canada refunded my seat price with no explanation. I know flights change when you book so early. I went to check our flight and found no flight number. I called to find out they had changed the flight number, time and type of plane. Our return flight went from 3:45pm to a 11:55am.

Check your flights

We almost got a very painful lesson from Air Canada a couple years ago. We are used to getting their "flight change" e-mails which usually only involve a change of a few minutes. A couple years ago we were flying to Edinburgh and got two such e-mails. When we went to check in on-line for our flight we discovered that our original flight had been cancelled and they had rebooked us for the following day (you think that sort of a change would require more than the standard flight change e-mail). Luckily we were able to get a new routing through Frankfurt that got us there on our original day.

I also tend to review the flight schedule a few weeks before flying to also see if any changes have been made that may affect us.

I agree

Just checked my flight this morning for Oct

I was in A/C bus class ..now they changed the flight to Rouge & the flight time from 3pm to 8:55am:eek:

I called & got the 10:55 am flight but still not happy about Rouge flight

They did not notify us

they have our email, home phone & cell

Glad I had forgotten to print off my invoice or I may not have known until Oct

It's not just Air Canada...Alaska Air did a major flight time change for our (this) September Alaska cruise....no way could I make that early flight getting off the ship. I ended up even changing home arrival airports.. flying from Vancouver to LAX instead of Burbank.

Whenever I make a far out booking on Delta, I can count on at least one schedule change. My most recent bookings for September and October have had two--so far.

What I have never understood is this: I book and am confirmed for Seat 2C. When the schedule change e-mail arrives, my seat assignment has changed. When I check Delta's web site, often the seat I want is available. Why does the computer not put me into my preferred seat when the change is made?

Bottom line, as the OP says: Check Your Flights!

Edited by rkacruiser

United does this too. They canceled my flight home once from Vancouver and didn't notify me. I spent most of the weekend before our cruise trying to rebook the return flight. Managed to get back but with a connection instead of non stop.

And most recently they moved our flight by 3 hours. I canceled that one and booked with another airline.

In May I booked our Dec flights and purchased our seats. Yesterday, Air Canada refunded my seat price with no explanation. I know flights change when you book so early. I went to check our flight and found no flight number. I called to find out they had changed the flight number, time and type of plane. Our return flight went from 3:45pm to a 11:55am.

Check your flights

Received a Change of Flight notice today. . Air Canada original had changed my Jan 2, 3:45 flight to 11:55 on July 26 with paid seats. Today they changed my 11:55 to 20:50. Now, there are no seats on the 11:50 or 1pm flights. I either stay with the 20:50 flight, which I did not want when I originally booked in May that is why I chose the 3:45 flight or fly out of MIA at 12:40 or do a stop which would take 6+ hours instead of 3 hours. I chose MIA which will cost the price of 3 HAL transfers vs 1 taxi to FLL.

I don't understand why on July 26, the agent was able to book seats for the 11:55 flight and today I get bumped to the 20:50?

Edited by phabric

I don't understand on July 26, the agent was able to book seats for the 11:55 flight and today I get bumped to the 20:50?

It may change again before you get there

Maybe look at a private driver to MIA

Hal is $30pp which is probably less convenient

They had 1 bus that left before 9 am we did not get through until after that we & several others had to wait while they found another bus to MIA

it took a lot of complaining & over an hr before one arrived

I may be paranoid but I check our flights monthly, more often as the cruise date nears. The worst change we have had was to Anchorage. What was suppose to be a 3 hour layover in Chicago became 7 hours. Luckily we had United Club passes.