Solstice class ships?

dread_pirate

We were on the Reflection and loved it; not so much on the Millenium class ships.

How do the other Solstice class ships (Eclipse, Solstice, Equinox) compare to the Reflection? I understand that the Silhouette is pretty much identical - is that correct?

Or should we just stick to the Reflection?

Thanks.

Other than Reflection, all of the Solstice class ships are almost identical. Reflection added some extra cabins, removed the disco for a conference room (????) and cut the Sky Lounge in half. Solstice, Eclipse and Equinox have Hot Glass Show and Silhoutette and Reflection have the Lawn Club Grill.

Also with Reflection the upper decks are different, like the pool is a deck higher, because of the added deck of cabins. It's sky lounge is smaller because the left side is the Reflection Suite and Signature suites.

So this makes the walk from the ocean view buffet different on Reflection versus the other S class ships.

The lawn area varies on S class as some have the hot glass show, others the Porch, some have Cabanas for rent on the lawn, others do not.

Reflection has passenger capacity of 3030, versus Eclipse of 2850.

Reflection has 1523 cabins versus 1426 on Eclipse.

We were on the Reflection and loved it; not so much on the Millenium class ships.

How do the other Solstice class ships (Eclipse, Solstice, Equinox) compare to the Reflection? I understand that the Silhouette is pretty much identical - is that correct?

Thanks.

The Reflection has an additional deck of suites. Other than that they are the same. A few of the specialty rest. differ on some of the ships,but the layout is the same. We usually book the Eclipse for a 14 day trip in the winter. Good way to get away from the snow & cold..even if we've been to the same islands 8 times. Would you rather be on a familar beach or shoveling snow??

Reflection and Silhouette have the Lawn Club Grill instead of the glass blowing show. They also have The Porch around the corner from the LCG, and they have alcoves on the main lawn. The Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse do not.

Reflection (and I assume Silhousette) also have Qsine instead of Silk Harvest which is on the others.

Reflection and Silhouette have the Lawn Club Grill instead of the glass blowing show. They also have The Porch around the corner from the LCG, and they have alcoves on the main lawn. The Solstice, Equinox and Eclipse do not.

Reflection (and I assume Silhousette) also have Qsine instead of Silk Harvest which is on the others.

Silk Harvest is only on Equinox and Solstice. RF, Sille and Eclipse have Qsine, as do some of the M class ships.

Here's a link to a good resource for Celebrity ships and their details.

http://celebritycruisespresscenter.com/fact-sheets/

We would be happy on any Solstice-Class ship. It is among our favorite ship designs for larger ships. On the other hand, put us on a ship with fewer then 700 passengers and we are even more happy.

Hank

Thanks.

All five Solstice Class ships are almost identical except no hot glass show. All the ships highlighted in red are the same class of ship.

Edited by Kamloops50

I did notice that the deck plans shown in this link are outdated - they do not show Luminae in the MDR.

Oh, this gave me a good laugh! You must have a lot of faith to think that they would actually update the deck plans to show that this soon after the construction!! :confused: YEARS after the launch of the S class ships, the family veranda photos online still showed the ones from the M class ships, which are absolutely nothing alike!!

Edited by CathyCruises

Oh, this gave me a good laugh! You must have a lot of faith to think that they would actually update the deck plans to show that this soon after the construction!! :confused: YEARS after the launch of the S class ships, the family veranda photos online still showed the ones from the M class ships, which are absolutely nothing alike!!

Just not sure of the source of the link that has the outdated information, but it was not Celebrity website.

The Celebrity website has updated deck plans on it, they were updated a month or so before Luminae was installed, for a period of time when looking you had to select from a drop down the pre-lumina plan or post Luminae plan.

Celebrity website is bad in lots of ways for sure, but in this case they did get it right and in an appropriate amount of advance time.

Just not sure of the source of the link that has the outdated information, but it was not Celebrity website.

The Celebrity website has updated deck plans on it, they were updated a month or so before Luminae was installed, for a period of time when looking you had to select from a drop down the pre-lumina plan or post Luminae plan.

Celebrity website is bad in lots of ways for sure, but in this case they did get it right and in an appropriate amount of advance time.

Shocking!!! A step in the right direction, though.

Silk Harvest is only on Equinox and Solstice. RF, Sille and Eclipse have Qsine, as do some of the M class ships.

Here's a link to a good resource for Celebrity ships and their details.

http://celebritycruisespresscenter.com/fact-sheets/

Thank you for that link. I'll be on Millennium next January - first time with Celebrity - and the information on the fact-sheet was just what I've been looking for!

I'm an avid reader of the threads here and have got some great insights into the Celebrity experience - particularly Luminae!

I enjoy the Solstice class ships. They are all well laid-out, modern and finely appointed. You won’t go wrong with any of them. They are all similar ships with a few differences that were well highlighted in the earlier posts. The Silhouette is our favorite Celebrity ship!

I would choose a Solstice class ship based on the itinerary!

The one thing I really don't like about the Reflection is that they replaced the Quasar disco with a conference room. While Quasar can be dead at times during a cruise, we have had some good times there and it gives another place for some entertainment. A conference room is fine but not at the expense of fun venues IMO.

Thank you everyone! Based on a number of criteria, we're on the Reflection again. Can someone explain Luminae? It's only for suite passengers, correct? How is it located in the MDR, with non-suite guests?

Thanks again!

Yes Luminae is just for suite guests. Like BLU, they don't allow others in however Suite Guests MAY invite others with them but they must put the charges on the Suite guest account,

Basically, the MDR lower level used to have 2 entrances, now it has only 1, the other side is the entrance to luminae. SO luminae basically took over the passageway area from the entrance to the grand staircase area as a separate room.

At least this is how M class is set up, I assume it's same for S class, maybe Luminae is Upstairs in S class since there was no BLU in that area, but same idea as to how it is situated.

Tried looking at deck plan on X site, but of course they aren't working today ... shocker.

On silhouette anyway, Luminae took over the port side entrance to the dining room on the third floor, funneling everyone else through the starboard doors. Our table happened to be aft, behind Luminae, and we had to wend our way through the entire dining room and past all the tables to get to our spot. It wasn't too bad if we got there early, but once people started sitting down the space between the tables is minimal and it was a PITA on those evenings. However, not a huge issue. I did mention on the survey that it would be nice if they had a designated walkway for people trying to get to that back area.