Your thoughts on Princess for people in their 30s

cocacola86

Isn't Celebrity food better though?

Food is very subjective; all I can say I that I have never gone hungry on any cruise. I find the MDR service better on Princess than Celebrity but may be in the minority on that. My issue on X was how inflexible the servers were with even the simplest request: Sauce on the side? NO. Menu says steak comes with asparagus, chicken with broccoli, can I have the asparagus with my chicken? NO.

Edited by fishywood

Isn't Celebrity food better though?

Old news.

And I echo another poster above who mentioned indirectly that Princess is vary flexible and accommodating on food orders. I have always found them to go beyond my expectations even in that regard.

Edited by steelers36

My wife is in her early 30s. She loved the more laid back and reserved feel of Princess. Her sister and her husband are almost 40 and always take Carnival.

Drinking and partying isn't Princess so if that's why you like Carnival you'll be disappointed. :) As they say...age is just a number.

Edited by schlot

The one intenary I was looking at was LA to Vancouver on the island Princess any thoughts on this ship?

The Island used to be one of two of the best ships (along with her sister Coral) until Princess got "creative" and added a bunch of cabins in places they weren't before. Many nice features were sacrificed, the back deck, a show lounge, etc. Still, many good things remain (the buffet comes to mind) and a Princess cruise is still a good one, no matter the ship. I would say go for it.

The Island used to be one of two of the best ships (along with her sister Coral) until Princess got "creative" and added a bunch of cabins in places they weren't before. Many nice features were sacrificed, the back deck, a show lounge, etc. Still, many good things remain (the buffet comes to mind) and a Princess cruise is still a good one, no matter the ship. I would say go for it.

I feel the same way & if the itinerary and price are good then I'd sail the Island.

I find that there is a wide age demographic on all the princess cruises that I've been on, however some can lean to be an older crowd (Alaska) and some lean younger (short cruises) from my experience.

I choose princess because of the high quality service, food and iteneries. Admittedly, princess ships don't generally have rock climbing walls, or ice skating rinks or flying foxes... But I, personally, don't want them. The nights on princess are long and the nightclubs still go into the wee hours of the night - Princess passengers aren't 'boring' by any means!

Actually, Alaska cruises have a very broad mix of ages, especially since they tend to attract lots of families and most of them are only 7 days.

We don't drink to the extreme, maybe have one drink and the rest pop, were not into partying

If you go with Princess check out the Unlimited Soda and more package. DW and I aren't drinkers but Princess does offer some tasty non-alcoholic drinks. The soda you get doesn't come in a can, those are extra, so if you're a picky soda drinker keep that in mind too.

Thing I heard about HAL from Carnival is that it's people in wheel chairs, you would be asleep by 6pm

Not true at all. Yes, there are older people in the longer HAL cruises but the general 7-10 days cruises have an equal age range with Princess. I tend to take the longer cruises on Princess and I could honestly say, there are more 70+ than there are 40-50ish. Older folk are retired and can afford the time off and longer itineraries. It is no different than Princess. In fact my first Princess cruise had so many motorized forms of transportation that I had to dodge them in the hallways. It's a good thing my first cruise with Princess didn't cause me to give up on them.

Would anyone like to play Guess the Demographic for my first Princess cruise?

It's a 12 nighter around South East Asia. Leaving from Australia and most of it is over school holidays.

We're a middle aged couple with tweenaged children, do you think there'll be many similarly aged people or as a slightly longer cruise, is it more likely to be full of retirees?

Would anyone like to play Guess the Demographic for my first Princess cruise?

It's a 12 nighter around South East Asia. Leaving from Australia and most of it is over school holidays.

My first guess is that there will be a high number of Aussies on board.

DH and I are in our 30s and love Princess. I've sailed Royal Caribbean, Holland America, Carnival, and Cunard, but Princess fits our ideal vacation image. It's classy, quality, outstanding food, polite pax and crew, clean, and safe. We don't like dodging little kids or drunks, so we appreciate the more adult atmosphere and refined elegance of Princess. I can still hear my style of music in the club at night while enjoying the quiet ambiance of the rest of the ship. It's wonderful that every cruise line has its own personality, since we all have our own personalities and cruising styles. My description may or may not appeal to you. If you're unsure, take the Royal Caribbean cruise first as someone else suggested and decide if that's the right fit before trying Princess. Royal Caribbean is much more active and action packed. Happy cruising! [emoji568]

I agree. We are in our early 30's and love Princess. My preferred cruiseline is Royal Caribbean due to the activities and entertainment. Princess is our 2nd favorite. Love their Movies under the stars, food, their ships are gorgeous, and there is an equal level of relaxation and fun.

The age demographics is much older than a Carnival or a Royal caribbean cruise but I actually enjoy that.

We took a 9 day caribbean cruise on Royal Caribbean last November and the average age was 73; however, it was the best itinerary we've ever taken! During that cruise, we encountered a retired couple (in their mid/late 60's) who asked us if we were 'bored' because we were cruising with the older crowd. They were surprised when we replied it was our 15th cruise and we actually enjoyed the older crowd much better than Carnival's atmosphere and we were cruising for the itinerary, not for the demographics.

Have fun with Princess, I believe you'll love it.

Edited by Yurita

I feel the same way & if the itinerary and price are good then I'd sail the Island.

Check out 11/16/16. I swore I wouldn't sail the Island after the changes, but I couldn't pass this one up. We even booked one of the new balconies on Deck 7, aft. It would be fun to cruise with you guys again.:D

We did a Panama Canal cruise on Princess and I swear everyone was in bed and most of the bars closed by 11:00 pm. We recently did an East Coast on HAL and were pleasantly surprised by the amount of activity in the evenings.

Its very dependent on the itinerary.

We did a Panama Canal cruise on Princess and I swear everyone was in bed and most of the bars closed by 11:00 pm. We recently did an East Coast on HAL and were pleasantly surprised by the amount of activity in the evenings.

Its very dependent on the itinerary.

I think you'll find a more mature demographic on many Panama Canal cruises, especially a full transit. Full transits are generally 2 weeks plus and tend to have a lot of sea days. Many younger cruisers will have difficulty getting that much time off at once and you will find very few families with kids.

We had the same experience as you on our 10 day Canada/New England in early October. We felt like the youngest ones on board (which isn't such a bad thing :D). Good friends of our took the same type of cruise at exactly the same time on Celebrity and had exactly the same experience.