Tampering with breakfast hang tag

Maybe this could be considered a bit of thread drift, but no one has mentioned a follow-up call from Room Service to check on the breakfast delivery.

Don't get it every time, but it does happen at least once on a 7 day cruise. And, I appreciate it very much!

Maybe this could be considered a bit of thread drift, but no one has mentioned a follow-up call from Room Service to check on the breakfast delivery.

Don't get it every time, but it does happen at least once on a 7 day cruise. And, I appreciate it very much!

that is a really good point.

We got calls every time on the P'dam and W'dam.

I'd rather use a hang tag on Hal then being subjected to the mediocre food on celebrity. At least I know the food will be edible on hal.

I was happy to see that HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam was named the best large ship for dining in the Cruise Critic 2015 Cruisers' Choice Awards. That certainly reflects our view of the excellent dining we enjoyed this past February.

Celebrity's Equinox finished in second place, and Celebrity placed four other ships in the top 10, so they must have improved significantly since your last cruise with them.

I was happy to see that HAL's Nieuw Amsterdam was named the best large ship for dining in the Cruise Critic 2015 Cruisers' Choice Awards. That certainly reflects our view of the excellent dining we enjoyed this past February.

Celebrity's Equinox finished in second place, and Celebrity placed four other ships in the top 10, so they must have improved significantly since your last cruise with them.

It couldn't help but get better. I remember trying to eat beef one lunch and I literally couldn't cut it. I would say it's been about 4 years since I sailed with them for the second time. I'm in no rush to return.

Is it possible to order one's breakfast by phone the night before?

Possibly if you are in a suite, i.e., you have a butler.

Otherwise if you try to order by phone you usually get a busy line... good luck. Actually I think they have the line off the hook during breakfast hours. cok

Possibly if you are in a suite, i.e., you have a butler.

Otherwise if you try to order by phone you usually get a busy line... good luck. Actually I think they have the line off the hook during breakfast hours. cok

There are no butlers on Hal.

Oh, yes. The last night of the second E-dam cruise, several of us in a string of cabins had our hang tags changed---presumably by the kids who had been wreaking havoc up & down the passageway for the previous 10 days.

What a waste of food! Seeing as how the parents refused to reel them in all cruise, I'm not surprised at their last little display.

We were all up in plenty of time to go to the Lido instead, but it was still a shame that so many people worked to put up those orders, deliver them, and clean up afterwards.

It was (presumably) the so-called adults associated with those children who changed the hang tags. The writing wasn't that of children. The steward who brought our breakfast showed us the hang tag as he questioned it was a real breakfast order. They not only wreaked havoc up & down our passageway, but all over the ship. Remember, they used to run through the MDR during dinner service. One of the older girls would take off her shoes and run barefoot. I felt sorry for the waiters who not only had to carry the heavy trays, but dodge the little darlings. Then there were the 2 a.m. relay races among the elevators. That was when they weren't emptying the rock mulch from around the plants into the elevators...

Yes, they were apparently raised by wolves. But I believe it was the wolves who replaced our breakfast order cards with ones they filled out. :rolleyes:

I don't recall ever getting a follow-up. A warning would be better. A friend cruises Royal Caribbean and she says they get a call saying that breakfast is on its way. I don't know if this is for the whole ship or just something for the suites. But it's good to have the warning so you can be up and decent when the waiter arrives.

It was (presumably) the so-called adults associated with those children who changed the hang tags. The writing wasn't that of children. The steward who brought our breakfast showed us the hang tag as he questioned it was a real breakfast order. They not only wreaked havoc up & down our passageway, but all over the ship. Remember, they used to run through the MDR during dinner service. One of the older girls would take off her shoes and run barefoot. I felt sorry for the waiters who not only had to carry the heavy trays, but dodge the little darlings. Then there were the 2 a.m. relay races among the elevators. That was when they weren't emptying the rock mulch from around the plants into the elevators...

Yes, they were apparently raised by wolves. But I believe it was the wolves who replaced our breakfast order cards with ones they filled out. :rolleyes:

That's outgrageous! Did anyone try calling security to complain? Sounds like they would be the kind of parents who would get really nasty if you said anything directly to them. And if one of the waiters collided with the scurrying kid, you can bet the waiter would get all the blame.

This problem is easy to end. The staff could simply view the corridor videos, ID the perpetrators, and put them off the ship at the next port! We have seen this done (for different behavior infractions) on a RCI cruise.

Hank

We got them for every single room service breakfast on the Nieuw Amsterdam last year. The room service waiter always reviewed our order with us. We had one issue, which involved not getting breakfast one morning. This was because I filled out the card, and left it on the desk. No one can tamper with your card if you don't hang it on the door. ;) Fortunately, we could still make it to the Lido.

I absolutely do not understand why anyone over the age of 10 would even think of messing with someone else's breakfast hang tag. I guess I am much too ancient to think that is fun.:p What it says is not my business and I do not choose to look at it. In 10 previous cruises I have only touched someone else's door tag once and that was to retrieve it from the deck and put it back where it belonged.

I guess this post is the result of creeping old fuddy-duddyism.:eek:

Doc

I absolutely do not understand why anyone over the age of 10 would even think of messing with someone else's breakfast hang tag. I guess I am much too ancient to think that is fun.:p What it says is not my business and I do not choose to look at it. In 10 previous cruises I have only touched someone else's door tag once and that was to retrieve it from the deck and put it back where it belonged.

Doc

I'm with you on that. I'm amazed at the posters that think this is funny. Not sure why wasting food is funny but ok.

Doc

No, it shows you were brung up good. Kudos to your parents!

It is one thing to think that it would be funny; it is another thing to actually do it. I am a better person for having a sense of humor.

Nevertheless, I stand by my earlier statement that HAL invites this practical joke with exposed breakfast requests for all to see. They have decided that it is better to deal with the occasional prank then to have to implement a more secure (and private) system. As I said before, a simple sealed envelope would help but then it would be more work to have to open the envelopes.

igraf

Doc

I don't recall ever getting a follow-up. A warning would be better. A friend cruises Royal Caribbean and she says they get a call saying that breakfast is on its way. I don't know if this is for the whole ship or just something for the suites. But it's good to have the warning so you can be up and decent when the waiter arrives.

Not sure about Royal but Celebrity does this and it was awesome.

Sounds like the fruit didn't fall far from the tree. Is it too much to hope they were not invited back?

It is one thing to think that it would be funny; it is another thing to actually do it. I am a better person for having a sense of humor.

Nevertheless, I stand by my earlier statement that HAL invites this practical joke with exposed breakfast requests for all to see. They have decided that it is better to deal with the occasional prank then to have to implement a more secure (and private) system. As I said before, a simple sealed envelope would help but then it would be more work to have to open the envelopes.

igraf

I fail to see not liking the wasting of food with a lack of a sense of humour. I guess that's a way to justify childish and juvenile behaviour:D.

Edited by cruz chic

This thread reminds me of another cruise line that was ill prepared for the horde of ill behaved micro miscreants that were unleashed upon it. Aside from altering room service menus the individuals would flip the do not disturb signs to please make room (and vice versa). They also got a big kick out of their ice bucket fights all over the ship and cannonballing into other passengers in the pool. Neither their parents nor ships staff said "boo" to them.

Sounds like the fruit didn't fall far from the tree. Is it too much to hope they were not invited back?

Probably. If they hadn't been dealt with in the 10 days of the cruise, I doubt that anyone would have done anything except breathe a sigh of relief on disembarkation morning.

I should have tripped them with my cane when I had the chance. :D

Probably. If they hadn't been dealt with in the 10 days of the cruise, I doubt that anyone would have done anything except breathe a sigh of relief on disembarkation morning.

I should have tripped them with my cane when I had the chance. :D

Yes, you should have. And then you could have cried out (in a theatrically frail voice), "Oh my gosh! Your kids almost knocked me down!"