Miami cruise port

Kmty11902

Some hotels have fly and cruise packages. If you stay overnight they can shuttle you to the port. We like the Hilton Garden Inn at Dania Beach. It is close to the Ft Lauderdale Airport. But it is quite Ways from the Miami Port and the shuttle does cost extra.

The trip from Ft. Laud to Miami is not a cab ride...too expensive. You'll need a shuttle...try SAS Transportation (google it).

Compare the cost difference to the cost of shuttle/hotel..see which is more cost effective!

When we flew into FLL and cruised out of Miami last time we used SAS transportation.

http://www.ridesas.com

I really suggest them vs. a taxi, it is much cheaper. It's just too far and would be too expensive via taxi. We stayed the night in Miami so they picked us up from the airport and dropped us off at the hotel we chose to stay at in Miami, however I believe you can choose to stay in Ft. Lauderdale and take the shuttle in the morning to the port of Miami as well.

You asked about hotels, but I'm not really sure what city you are wanting to stay in. Can you give us more information? Are you wanting hotel advice for Ft. Lauderdale or Miami?

The easiest way to Miami is a shuttle service. FLL to Miami is about 30

Miles. Many cruisers stay in Dania Beach and on 17th st. Fort lauderdale. As for the port of Miami. Its located on Dadge Island close to downtown. Google Dodge Island Miami.

Interesting--I just did my first cruise in June, FLL > PoM using SAS. I only had a short time to research it, but I swear I saw people swearing up and down that it would take AT LEAST an hour from FLL area hotels to PoM no matter what. So when SAS got me there in what seemed like <30 min I was really impressed. Maybe we also had good traffic luck, but this thread is making it sound like ~30 minutes is about normal. I wonder where I picked up the one hour impression?

Thanks for all the information. We were not sure if we should stay in Miami or ft Lauderdale we are flying in 2 days early. So no car and not renting one ( if I can help it). But want to find nice hotel close or on beach. With stuff to do for 2 days. Then off to our cruise. Any suggestions on hotels were going in Jan.

Last time we used SAS, they were really good. Fort Lauderdale to Miami is about 26 miles so it shouldn't take to long to get there.

We have used SAS with great success

Once though, there were 12 Sumo Wrestler sized people piling into the poor drivers vans, only 5 fit each van - leaving about a dozen of us stranded.

Cab fare Port of Miami to FLL was about $80.00

If you are disembarking on Saturday or Sunday, be prepared for events, rallys, etc. in and around Miami and FLL.....Plan your flights accordingly. i.e. there is a huge monthly bicycle ride in Miami that can delay you 30-40 minutes.

Enjoy arriving 2 days early! *jealous*:cool:

We've cruised out of Miami twice. Both times we drove in from Texas and stayed at La Quinta. We chose LQ Miami Airport East because you can park you car there for the week and they have a shuttle to the cruise port.

The traffic in the area however is ridiculous, or at least it was last December. There was so much construction going on that the normally busy traffic was basically at a standstill at all times. It took us over an hour to go like 10 miles!

My children and I flew into Fort Lauderdale and cruised out of Miami this past April. I saved money by flying into Fort Lauderdale, there was a free shuttle that picked us up from the airport and drive us to the hotel. We stayed at the Cambria Suites it was BRAND NEW. The hotel had only been open for about two months. It was very nice, we had a large room and my son who is quite tall appreciated the fact that the sectional sofa converted into a full size bed. We spent two days at the hotel, we walked to a nearby shooping center, there were several resturants within walking distance but it was HOT and Humid.

CSA transporation picked us up the morning of the cruise and drove us to the Port of Miami. The cost was $15.00 per person and tipping was optional. I thought we were riding on a van, however they picked us up in a fancy Mercedes Benz Limo Van. We made a few stops and pick up other passengers the Limo Van held 12 passengers. We were dropped off right at our ship. I also booked them for our return after the cruise, they were on time and was waiting outside of the ship, and loaded us up and dropped us off on time for our flight home.