Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

I've heard some talk of the dry slide(s) on the Oasis 4 being different from the Ultimate Abyss and in a different location. And supposedly longer than the Harmony's slides.

Some of my FB friends' reactions were along the lines of ...

"At the other end of the Boardwalk?"

"In Central Park instead?"

"Maybe they'll put it ALL up on the sports deck area, with its launch area up at the top of the aft mast similar to the Liberty of the Seas."

I have to admit, I pictured that too. :D

"Longer?! Are they going to start it on deck 16 and end it in the engine room?"

My reaction was - Longer doesn't have to mean higher. It can mean more twists & turns and/or stretching it out horizontally.

"Thank goodness! Not too fond of those purple slides at the far end of the Boardwalk obstructing the view of the AquaTheater and the ocean!"

What do you think?

I had too much time on my hands last night ... :rolleyes:

66c0f7d31c1e688e52db8270839c9dbe.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I've heard some talk of the dry slide(s) on the Oasis 4 being different from the Ultimate Abyss and in a different location. And supposedly longer than the Harmony's slides.

Some of my FB friends' reactions were along the lines of ...

"At the other end of the Boardwalk?"

No way! That would mean the slides being alongside a lot of the balconies. As it is now with the Abyss, the slides are up close to the balconies at the end. They would also be in front of the windows to Wonderland and Dazzles. Eep.

"In Central Park instead?"

Again. No way! These slides don't belong in that neighbourhood. They're for the Boardwalk or elsewhere.

"Maybe they'll put it ALL up on the sports deck area, with its launch area up at the top of the aft mast similar to the Liberty of the Seas."

I have to admit, I pictured that too. :D

I too can picture this more than the other previous suggestions. Would Royal get rid of the basketball court. How popular is it?

"Longer?! Are they going to start it on deck 16 and end it in the engine room?"

My reaction was - Longer doesn't have to mean higher. It can mean more twists & turns and/or stretching it out horizontally.

Longer is better and ya, they aren't going to do it by going higher. Perhaps Harmony will be the only cruise ship with the tallest slide at sea. Will Oasis 4's slide be special for another reason?

"Thank goodness! Not too fond of those purple slides at the far end of the Boardwalk obstructing the view of the AquaTheater and the ocean!"

Yup. There are people who just don't like the Abyss.

What do you think?

I had too much time on my hands last night ... :rolleyes:

Ha ha! I always look forward to your slide suggestions. LOL

66c0f7d31c1e688e52db8270839c9dbe.jpg

Looking forward to seeing what changes there will be on Oasis 4. :)

Grumble. Stupid physics. Ruins all the fun. :(

Grumble. Stupid physics. Ruins all the fun. :(

Physics won't be a problem if they make them water slides! :D

They can also have the launch area up by the funnels and running through the pool area like another cruise ship line does ... :D They can call it the AquaOgre.

The%20Disney%20Fantasy%20Cruise%20Deck%20-%20Pool%20-%20Tunnel%20Vision-L.jpg

Physics won't be a problem if they make them water slides! :D

They can also have the launch area up by the funnels and running through the pool area like another cruise ship line does ... :D They can call it the AquaOgre.

Wow :)

When I was on Harmony I tried to work out how you could replace the Ultimate Abyss with a Log Flume. Reckon it could be done but the would be a fair few obstructed cabins and unexacting wet guests:D

Physics won't be a problem if they make them water slides!

They can also have the launch area up by the funnels and running through the pool area like another cruise ship line does ... They can call it the AquaOgre.

Through the pool area like on the Disney ship, huh? For that to happen the launch area could start at the funnels, where they could drop the slide(s) in front of the Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge windows (!!!) and hope that the footsteps on the roof of the Loft Suites doesn't bother the guests below :p.

OR put the launch area with the water slides at the other end of the ship.

Hmmmm. The Abyss is looking good now. lol

Where to put the slide on Oasis 4 be it dry, wet or a log flume ?

Where%20to%20put%20slides_zpseim8eyyc.jpg

Keep it all up on the aft end of decks 15 & 16?

It'll look great. Really! :D

ab904a67baed85d83c99ff1ce267b2fe.jpg

subscribed

Off-topic: you can subscribe to a thread by going to the "thread tools". No need to reply.

On-topic: I think the two slides on the left were a disappointment. You have a small transparent piece at the beginning, and after that it is just darkness.

Looking forward to Oasis 4 either way :-)

For the geekier readers, these photos give a clear view of the bilge (the lowest space just above the hull) which appears to be less than 2 meters in height. Most of the fuel and water storage would be here, including drinking water, grey water, black water, and sea water for ballast.

Just above the bilge is the machinery level, which appears to have a height of about 4 meters. On this level would be the diesel generators that provide all the ship's electricity (including for propulsion), the gyroscopes that resist rolling, water purification equpment, the machine shop, etc. Above the machinery level, there are two more levels below the waterline, which are presumably for crew quarters, nearly all of which are two per cabin and windowless.

Edited by FalklandIslander

From http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/saint-nazaire-au-tour-du-b34-de-remplir-la-forme-de-construction

... Twenty blocks were assembled in basin A and then ‘cocooned’ for a few months pending the resumption of construction once MSC Meraviglia (E34) was ready to leave the basin B. Many blocks have arrived in the pre-assembly area before moving under the cover for painting. The float out to basin C for completion is expected around June 2017...

55cd0621ccb0de077e06cf4e2674e8f7.jpg

a85dd463bce354843fb7ea7c8d49ab54.jpg

b98042901019a288429a36a75aff124c.jpg

5acb58f3bc22c18efa29d0eafb693fab.jpg

1a947e8282e23980b9bba32ca15858d7.jpg

07294a8cf88c9cd11bb1a7bcc99e11b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk