Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Someone asked a good question in the Oasis 4 group...

Would any new potential names show up on the trademark sites before the naming of the ship?

yep. http://www.uspto.gov (hopefully i'm allowed to link to there).

royal usually files for a bunch of names, then uses some of them and lets some abandon. you can search the website by owner "royal caribbean", or if you do a word mark search for "of the seas" you'll get only the ship names. select "live" to see only the active ones; selecting "live and dead" will also show you the marks they've applied for before but not used.

there is nothing new for ship name applications - the last couple of applications were filed this summer for VOOM and QUEST.

i'm a trademark attorney for the govt, so i guess this is where i'm supposed to say that everything i just told you is in my personal capacity as a cruiser/online friend and not as a govt employee. you know the drill. :)

yep. http://www.uspto.gov (hopefully i'm allowed to link to there).

royal usually files for a bunch of names, then uses some of them and lets some abandon. you can search the website by owner "royal caribbean", or if you do a word mark search for "of the seas" you'll get only the ship names. select "live" to see only the active ones; selecting "live and dead" will also show you the marks they've applied for before but not used.

there is nothing new for ship name applications - the last couple of applications were filed this summer for VOOM and QUEST.

i'm a trademark attorney for the govt, so i guess this is where i'm supposed to say that everything i just told you is in my personal capacity as a cruiser/online friend and not as a govt employee. you know the drill. :)

Thank you for the information.

Vey helpful.

Vey helpful.

Looking through that, with the exception of the Empress, the fillings seem to happen almost two years before maiden voyage. Passion was registered twice - RCI must have had some interest in that.

Edited by Biker19

Vey helpful.

Looks like all these were filed, but none listed as "live":

Spectrum of the Seas

Joy of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

Pulse of the Seas

Passion of the Seas

Emblem of the Seas

Vantage of the Seas

It appears they update to live once they actually make the selection. As Biker19 pointed out...it would seem an update is imminent for a 2018 launch.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

September 20 2016 photo of Oasis 4, B34, IMO 9744001 and Spectrum of the Seas or Joy of the Seas or Apex of the Seas or Pulse of the Seas or Passion of the Seas or Emblem of the Seas or Vantage of the Seas or ? of the Seas...

1d6e71daeeabb82b18bd756e3ef05b43.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Has anything been announced on features yet that may 'outharmony' Harmony? I'd love to see an iFly on here, really enjoyed that on the Anthem.

iFly is the only thing from the Quantum class ships I'd even consider trying/using.

Based on the cost for adding it, plus the space it takes up...one has to wonder if that addition is even a remote possibility...

iFly is the only thing from the Quantum class ships I'd even consider trying/using.

Based on the cost for adding it, plus the space it takes up...one has to wonder if that addition is even a remote possibility...

Yep, with the split sports deck on an oasis ship, I doubt it would fit anyway.

Maybe a water coaster going past the Suite balconies on 17. ;)

Looks like all these were filed, but none listed as "live":

Spectrum of the Seas

Joy of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

Pulse of the Seas

Passion of the Seas

Emblem of the Seas

Vantage of the Seas

It appears they update to live once they actually make the selection. As Biker19 pointed out...it would seem an update is imminent for a 2018 launch.

I vote for Apex. But honestly I don't really like any of these names. LOL!!!

Has anything been announced on features yet that may 'outharmony' Harmony? I'd love to see an iFly on here, really enjoyed that on the Anthem.

Wait for the longer (400m?) Oasis 5 for an addition of anything like an iFly to it. :)

That led to a :):);)

Maybe not. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

From http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/conten...e-construction

… RCCL, parent company of Royal Caribbean International Group, signed a letter of intent for an another Mastodon last May. To come into the fleet in the spring of 2021, the future C34 will resume the general architecture of his elders but should be bigger.

It might be, but this is not confirmed to date, the first [cruise] ship in history to reach the 400m mark…

Edited by Lloyd555

Maybe not. Time will tell. :rolleyes:

From http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/conten...e-construction

… RCCL, parent company of Royal Caribbean International Group, signed a letter of intent for an another Mastodon last May. To come into the fleet in the spring of 2021, the future C34 will resume the general architecture of his elders but should be bigger.

It might be, but this is not confirmed to date, the first [cruise] ship in history to reach the 400m mark…

Can't even imagine... :eek:

Supertanker with passenger cabins. :D

I know!

Thanks for those images Lloyd.

You already know I (and many others) have followed all of your threads on these new ships for years now - nobody provides better information than you, especially since you take the time to assemble, hunt, and present the information into this kind of thread - just to let you know it is appreciated.

One has to wonder where the heck such a voluminous vessel would port and what destinations it could visit (given its size).

WOW - looking forward to more on this in the future.