Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

• 4 weeks later...
I am amused! Based on the thread of the same name that covered Harmony, has anyone speculated on when RC will name her or found domain names registered? I'm guessing we will hear a lot about this ship when 2017 rolls around.

I did a quick search of the US Patent and Trademark office records. Royal Caribbean has no newly filed applications for trademark registration of ship names. The most recent filings were in 2014 or earlier and have now been abandoned. Those abandoned applications included:

Spectrum of the Seas

Joy of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

Pulse of the seas

Passion of the Seas

Emblem of the Seas

Vantage of the Seas

Endeavor of the Seas

Journey of the Seas

Based on recent past history, it appears likely multiple applications will be filed and the names not chosen will be abandoned.

I did a quick search of the US Patent and Trademark office records. Royal Caribbean has no newly filed applications for trademark registration of ship names. The most recent filings were in 2014 or earlier and have now been abandoned. Those abandoned applications included:

Spectrum of the Seas

Joy of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

Pulse of the seas

Passion of the Seas

Emblem of the Seas

Vantage of the Seas

Endeavor of the Seas

Journey of the Seas

Based on recent past history, it appears likely multiple applications will be filed and the names not chosen will be abandoned.

They really need to name this one BOGO of the Seas.

I hope they get rid of the Ultimate Abyss for the 4th ship. It is pure novelty and makes the Boardwalk look ugly.

Don't think they will abandon the Abyss or the other water slides. Royal is making a strong move to change the demographics of their customer base. They want more families and Millenials with more disposable income to enhance their bottom line. Older passengers do not drink as much nor do they take as many excursions. Younger people are more likely to splurge on the high ticket items that mean great profits for Royal. Just a good business strategy as far as I can see.

Don't think they will abandon the Abyss or the other water slides. Royal is making a strong move to change the demographics of their customer base. They want more families and Millenials with more disposable income to enhance their bottom line. Older passengers do not drink as much nor do they take as many excursions. Younger people are more likely to splurge on the high ticket items that mean great profits for Royal. Just a good business strategy as far as I can see.

Exactly. If anything I would expect them to further push the boundaries with some new features that are geared towards the younger or first time cruisers. Can't wait to see what else they have in store for her.

I'm a Millennial, and for me the Abyss was a last minute change that didn't improve my cruising experience. But the water slides are a success, even among "Baby Boomers" and "great generations". I was surprised for seeing elderly going down the water slides.

Edited by Pipo

I'm a Millennial, and for me the Abyss was a last minute change that didn't improve my cruising experience. But the water slides are a success, even among "Baby Boomers" and "great generations". I was surprised for seeing elderly going down the water slides.

What about Gen-Xer's :p I'm mostly kidding, thanks for the note.

I hope they get rid of the Ultimate Abyss for the 4th ship. It is pure novelty and makes the Boardwalk look ugly.

while waterslides don't matter to me, I can take them or leave them, I agree, the slide makes the sightlines of the boardwalk look ugly. But i would be surprised if they abandoned the "slide on the boardwalk" for the new Oasis class ships.

The biggest pet peeve of mine with Harmony and possibly new Oasis class is the no pool in Solarium :eek:

I think I am in the key market group Royal is chasing but I think it looked horrendous but the waterslides were great. I really hope they get rid as they could do so much better...a gimmick on 1 ship but perhaps that is what each new ship needs?