11 days in the Caribbean - too long?

jabrown40

I say do it. I'm actually booked on that April 11-day cruise on the Equinox. It will be my first 11-day cruise (after many 7-day ones), and I can't wait. I think the extra days (and extra sea days) will be so much more relaxing than the usual rush from port to port. I suspect you'll be happy that you chose the longer cruise over the less expensive one, even if it means forgoing Aqua class. Join us!

Just do what some of the other guests do ........ take them with you ....

On one cruise I have seen a lady in the DR with her dog ..... I heard she had a note from her doctor .....

Just find them a good place for boarding and the dogs will be happy there ..... think how much fun they will have welcoming you back.

Bored? 11 days too long? No way.......I wish I could cruises for 111

days.....no wait, 211 days......going around the world for however

many days:D

Bored? 11 days too long? No way.......I wish I could cruises for 111

days.....no wait, 211 days......going around the world for however

many days:D

We did 28 days with two B2B 14 day cruises that included a transatlantic. It was great, but we were glad to get home after a total of 34 days.

We did 28 days with two B2B 14 day cruises that included a transatlantic. It was great, but we were glad to get home after a total of 34 days.

I would love to cruise for 34 days......it is impossible for me now but

maybe one day.

I've never been on a cruise greater than 7 days, and have booked for a 7 day in March. But....saw an 11 day itinerary on the Equinox in April that appeals to me because I've never been to Panama or Columbia - This itinerary has 4 days at sea throughout the trip. Does anyone ever get bored with all of the sea days? I've never taken two consecutive weeks off of work either!! Just don't know what to do. I'm ok with the increase in cost.

I always find 7 day trips too short. You blink,you're getting on board. You blink again you're now disembarking & heading home. We did 10-11 day trips on Cunard & now the 14 day trips on Eclipse. 14 days away from the cold is fine for us!

Our first 14 night cruise was the first time I had taken 2 consecutive weeks away from work (& I got 6 weeks vacation a year). I totally relaxed & realized that I'd be able to do this relaxation thing. Did a couple of 7 nighters in between a couple of 14 & 10 nighters. We really like the longer cruises, you don't feel so frenetic trying to see & do - you can just be. At least that's us

I've never been on a cruise greater than 7 days, and have booked for a 7 day in March. But....saw an 11 day itinerary on the Equinox in April that appeals to me because I've never been to Panama or Columbia - This itinerary has 4 days at sea throughout the trip. Does anyone ever get bored with all of the sea days? I've never taken two consecutive weeks off of work either!! Just don't know what to do. I'm ok with the increase in cost.

We are booked on that same cruise you are referring to. If you decide to go with it, there is a good deal on one of the big box TAs (mentioning it is against Cruise Critic rules -- but you could probably find it if you search).

Our first cruise was a week and have done everything between 2 and 15 nights now 45 cruises later. Our favorite cruise length is anywhere between 9 and 12 days. I booked a 17 night cruise and my DH just didn't want to go. Instead, used my future cruise credit for this cruise and he is happy...we both are happy.

7 days just seems to go by too fast and sometimes, after 2 full weeks, it gets to be too long. 11 is just perfect!! Don't forget to look for that discounted price. It is a winery sponsored cruise for this specific itinerary and they keep the number of passengers to about 100-200 so you kind of get to know others.

Thank you all for the advice, we're definitely trying it! Put a courtesy hold on cabin 8203 - the choices were pretty slim, must be a pretty popular cruise! Now, if we just get through another long Chicago winter......

Years ago we did 7 day cruises and then in 2000 we did a 5 day that had land portions before and after. I realized we had hardly seen anything of the ship (there were no sea days). What a waste when you're on a beautiful ship that has so many things to do. So in 2001 we did our first TA, have done 3 more since and doing Panama Canal next year I love sea days with so much to do or nothing to do, your choice. Ports are a bonus but sea days are the reason we cruise. So I'd take the 11 day over the 7.

Glad you took the plunge OP! I gave up 7 night holidays years ago, as others said, by the time you start to unwind, its time to go home, and for me, the cost involved with going, and the stress around getting ready, and getting back etc, just isnt worth it for just a few days. When we did a 10 nighter I remember saying I could easily stay another few days, so next time we did, and if the cruise is not long enough add some land stay to it, so you can enjoy even more relaxation! As my sons say 'YOLO' You only live once......:)

If you're referring to the 11-night Ultimate Caribbean cruise, let me tell you that I took that cruise last February and LOVED IT! The ports were awesome, and the sea days were a real nice break from all the busyness of the port days. It was a great cruise, not too short, not too long... juuusst right!

I highly recommend that cruise!

As so many of you have posted, we did the Equinox for 11 days this past February and because it was so short we preceded it with 5 days on the Constillation. Fourteen days on the Eclipse (2013 and again 2/16) now seem short as do TAs without doing a B2B. Doing B2B on the Equinox in 2/17 for 21 days - that's about the right amount for a good cruise. Then there is a cruise to the South Pacific on the Golden for 28 days next October were booked on.

As you can figure, we are both retired and have about 45 weeks a year - have to leave time for family, holidays and packing.

If you have the time go for the longer cruise as your already flying mid week fares cost less.

Enjoy the Equinox as it is one of the nicest ships in the Caribbean!

Hal