Payment reminders

DebJ14

I read all the time that people had their bookings cancelled because they failed to make the final payment on time. I have a cruise booked for November and final is not due until September 3rd. My TA received a notice last week that if the booking was not paid on time it would cancel and she received another this morning that said the same thing. She forwarded both of them to me. Anyone else getting these?

They are very explicit about when the payment is due and what the consequences of non-payment are. My TA said she books Carnival all the time and this is the first she has ever received one of these. Is this something new? Do they send them out if you book direct? If so, then there is no excuse for failing to make the final payment on time.

Is the notice the TA is receiving coming directly from Carnival or are they coming from the TA's agency? I know that some agencies insist on final payment anywhere from a week to 10 days ahead of the cruise lines official final payment date (something to do with the agencies internal bookkeeping and turnaround times). To answer your specific question, no, neither we nor our TA (as far as I know) has ever gotten that kind of notice this far in advance of the final payment date.

Edit: let me ask a follow up question - are the notices stating final payment is due now or some date prior to your actual final payment date of Sept. 3? Or are they just reminders of when your final payment date is?

Edited by joepeka

I haven't received a reminder notice for final payment from Carnival or any of the online services I use to book.

However, when I place a deposit, I'll execute an alert in both my computer and phone about a week before the final date so I won't have any issues.

I don't remember getting any notices like that. Booked through PVP, but may have paid it off before they started sending them. Either way I think we can appreciate a gentle reminder that helps avoid your trip being cancelled. Also be sure the final payment date isn't the 1st of that month instead of the 3rd....Mine is due 9/1 for a November cruise.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

We cruise on 11/15 and final payment is 8/31. We have received non reminders but I was also worried about missing the due date so we paid it off a week ago

We had never gotten a reminder for any of our Carnival cruises but we got one today. We booked through the Carnival phone number in March for a cruise on November 14. Our final payment due date is August 31.

We have been getting them for awhile now.

Same here! First time went into panic mode. It seemed so early to send out a reminder...Always book with our PVP and have it set for payment to come out automatic but I don't trust that and usually pay off at least a week early..

Our final payment due date is Tuesday (8-18). I have not received any reminders as of yet. However, my final payment date is burned into my brain with how many times I have logged in to my cruise details over the last 9 months!! How could you not log in on a weekly (ok, daily) basis check your countdown??!! ;-)

Our final payment due date is Tuesday (8-18). I have not received any reminders as of yet. However, my final payment date is burned into my brain with how many times I have logged in to my cruise details over the last 9 months!! How could you not log in on a weekly (ok, daily) basis check your countdown??!! ;-)

If you only have one cruise booked, it might be possible, even at my advanced age, to maybe keep track of the final payment date.

But if you are old like me, and have 5 cruises booked as well as 3 land vacations, it's much easier to relay on technology. So an alert on my phone and one on my computers calendar and I'm good to go.

Whatever works, vacations are too important to miss!

Booked several cruises on a recent cruise promotion directly thru Carnival (first time without travel agent).

On one cruise they cancelled it because they did not receive final payment on due date.

They claim they sent me a e mail notice on it (I could find no notice). I discovered ten days later this cruise was cancelled. I have tried everything to get cruise back at price booked and they refuse.

Always when I deal with a travel agency they automatically bill. Told Carnival this and they said you need to some sort of special authorization for this. I did on my next two cruises and they billed my account 1 dollar for this and said they would automatically bill on due date.

Last time I ever bill direct with cruise line and another good reason to always use travel agents.