Dishes not to miss - Serenade

Haven't been on Serenade, but these are good: strawberry kiwi Pavlova, sticky bread pudding, carrot cake, mojo pork chop, any of the cold soups--banana rum, peach--beef tenderloin, duck breast, veal Oscar, duck terrine. Now, mind you...we are NOT a picky family of eaters. But these are the ones we thought were good.

Edited by CCC3

The escargot is fabulous. I love all of the chilled soups as well. The roasted duck is also very good!

If you like steaks, be sure to check out Chops. Hands down, my favorite meal on the cruise. (It's a specialty restaurant so there's an extra cost involved.)

If you are not sure of what you want on the menu choose all the items you would like to try, it is free except in speciality restaurants. On lobster dayyou can choose more than one as I prefer to ask for two and I have heard the record of lobster eaten is 19. Enjoy the Serenade, it was the first sailing we ever did and are working through the cruise line of ships. We prefer the Explorer size of ship.

We usually enjoy all of our food on RCL. Occasionally we hit a miss. I do love the omelets for sure and the raisin bread is a fav of ours. Hubby goes down to get some each morning to have with coffee before our day begins:) Hint: That bread runs out fast!

We usually enjoy all of our food on RCL. Occasionally we hit a miss. I do love the omelets for sure and the raisin bread is a fav of ours. Hubby goes down to get some each morning to have with coffee before our day begins:) Hint: That bread runs out fast!

I told DH I'm going to take a baggy with me and take a couple slices back to the cabin for a late morning snack with my coffee every morning. On the last day of our cruise in March, I tried to get the main Windjammer manager to let me take the rest of the loaf but he wouldn't! LOL. I wish I could recreate that bread it's so good!

I told DH I'm going to take a baggy with me and take a couple slices back to the cabin for a late morning snack with my coffee every morning. On the last day of our cruise in March, I tried to get the main Windjammer manager to let me take the rest of the loaf but he wouldn't! LOL. I wish I could recreate that bread it's so good!

LOL-- I actually really do not like raisins at all; but that bread is so good that I will pick them all out!!

If your asking in regards to the MDR, my wife and I both loved the Horseradish Crusted Salmon. We also loved the Filet of Beef Tenderloin.

That is my favorite dish on any RC ship! I also love the rolls on the ships, and for some reason, I am very fond of the mashed potatoes!:D

Sherri:)

That is my favorite dish on any RC ship! I also love the rolls on the ships, and for some reason, I am very fond of the mashed potatoes!:D

Sherri:)

My family LOVED the rolls with the seeds on it...was it called a "pumpkin seed" roll or what? We ate them at every meal!

• 4 weeks later...

I thought most of the food on RCI was good but my favourite was the ceviche, I had two of those they were delish! The one that we really weren't impressed with was the bouillabaisse, we couldn't find any fish in there, it was like vegetables in a mild fish stock.