Rum Point options

Awaken

It's taken forever but I've finally narrowed it down to Rum Point when we dock at the Caymans- trouble is, I'm late booking and we'll be there next week. I sent an email to Native ways which looks like exactly what we want to do!

On the chance that they don't get back to us in time (and I don't see a phone # anywhere to just call...) what are the other options to get to Rum Point? I don't see that Royal Caribbean offers an excursion there. I see a jeep island tour ending up at RP but that's not really what I want.

Any other options in case Native Ways doesn't work out? Seems like it would be challenging to arrange on our own with transportation.

Edited by Awaken

It's taken forever but I've finally narrowed it down to Rum Point when we dock at the Caymans- trouble is, I'm late booking and we'll be there next week. I sent an email to Native ways which looks like exactly what we want to do!

On the chance that they don't get back to us in time (and I don't see a phone # anywhere to just call...) what are the other options to get to Rum Point? I don't see that Royal Caribbean offers an excursion there. I see a jeep island tour ending up at RP but that's not really what I want.

Any other options in case Native Ways doesn't work out? Seems like it would be challenging to arrange on our own with transportation.

I think Cayman Safari has a trip there now. We did their original tour a few years back.

I believe you can hop on the bus $2.50 pp, and go on your own!

As someone else said, the buses don't reliably go that far, and getting back would be a problem as you may not be able to get a bus back.

Taxi is around $80 U.S. for 1-3 people, each way, and a return trip would have to be prearranged as no taxis are waiting in the vicinity to take you back to the ship. Not recommended.

If you can't find an excursion that stops there, your only feasible way of getting to Rum Point is renting a car and driving there.

Edited by bookbabe

Thanks for the ideas! Renting a car sounds feasible. We may do that if the tour doesn't work out in time. I'll also look up Cayman Safari.

If we go ourselves, is there a place to rent snorkel gear, or guides there to take you out? I wouldn't want to miss the chance to snorkel in GC!

If we go ourselves, is there a place to rent snorkel gear, or guides there to take you out? I wouldn't want to miss the chance to snorkel in GC!

Rum Point has a Red Sail location that will rent snorkel gear.

• 2 weeks later...

So, never did hear back from Nativeways, sadly, and they have no phone number posted, so I couldn't do the tour. I called Acquarius which looked good, too, but they were full.

However, we did end up having a great day! Moby Dick Tours called me back at the last moment, and we got in on a stingray and snorkel tour, and they dropped us off at the royal palms club on 7 mile beach for the rest of the day. It was awesome! We wish we had more time on the Caymans because it was so beautiful and welcoming.

So, sad to miss Rum Point, but very happy with how it turned out!