Re: Ruby

TXRed

Is there a deck where we can walk/run the entire circumference of the ship? If so, what deck please? Also are there steam or saunas available? TIA:D

The Promenade goes all around the Ruby. Be aware, there are steps that go up one deck in the forward area. Those steps and that area will be closed when it starts to get dark because you pass by ocean-view cabins in that area (you can see in the cabins if the lights are on and curtains open). Anyway, you will see people run/walk the Promenade all day long. The whole Promenade is only closed off if there are rough seas.

Edited by ar1950

The Promenade goes all around the Ruby. Be aware, there are steps that go up one deck in the forward area. Those steps and that area will be closed when it starts to get dark because you pass by ocean-view cabins in that area (you can see in the cabins if the lights are on and curtains open). Anyway, you will see people run/walk the Promenade all day long. The whole Promenade is only closed off if there are rough seas.

Thanks for your quick reply...gotta walk those calories off! LOL

Edited by TXRed

Is there a deck where we can walk/run the entire circumference of the ship? If so, what deck please? Also are there steam or saunas available? TIA:D

There is a deck designated as "jogging track" but it's rather a very curvy 15 laps to a mile track. Didn't enjoy it at all. It's all the way aft on Star deck 19.

As far as steam and saunas rooms my DH used them in 2012 free of charge and said it wasn't bad.

There is a deck designated as "jogging track" but it's rather a very curvy 15 laps to a mile track. Didn't enjoy it at all. It's all the way aft on Star deck 19.

As far as steam and saunas rooms my DH used them in 2012 free of charge and said it wasn't bad.

thanks for your reply...yikes 15 laps to a mile...do you know what deck the steam and saunas are located? Again, thanks

thanks, darn I look at the area and totally missed the steam and saunas :p

BTW, the Ruby is a nice ship as you may be able to tell from some of the reviews past and present. I may post a comment or two after we do out cruise in a week from now.

Whenever you are going, enjoy!

thanks for your reply...yikes 15 laps to a mile...do you know what deck the steam and saunas are located? Again, thanks

A mile's a mile...it's just that the scenery doesn't change! Way better than staying on a treadmill, though!

I do find the jogging track boring, if just walking I much prefer just walking around the ship.

And 2 1/2 laps is about a mile. I'm with you on this, More interesting than the short lap track.

Dixon

Edited by Matcodixon

I didn't even necessarily mean the promenade deck, just walking around the ship.

We're with you. Someone can walk around outside, the Promenade or up top, and get a good portion of it or, pick a deck and walk around inside. It won't be the entire length of the ship, but, do a few laps and you get a good walk in. All kinds of ways of walking around the ship.:D

Edited by ar1950

I also just walk around the atrium.

And try to add walking by, as an ax ample, not going to the nearest bar when I want a drink but going to one further away.

I've even been known to walk o the other side of the Buffett, a real exercise tp freak I am.

I also just walk around the atrium.

And try to add walking by, as an ax ample, not going to the nearest bar when I want a drink but going to one further away.

I've even been known to walk o the other side of the Buffett, a real exercise tp freak I am.

OK, like your style. :cool::D:)

Unless you get up very early in the morning it is difficult to run on the promenade. There are just too many walkers and casual strollers. Also, many passengers do not like to walk up/down the forward stairs to make the 360 degree loop so you will find people walking both clockwise and counter-clockwise. The stern area is very narrow and thus very difficult to pass slower walkers.

Texas Red, this is my first time on Ruby, but on all of the other Grand class ships I have sailed on, I do the promenade deck for 2 rounds. Usually after dinner, helps me work off what I have eaten.

Here you go:

IMG_1172.jpg

My favorite Princess Ship.....

IMG_1116.jpg

Edited by need2cruisesoon

Unless you get up very early in the morning it is difficult to run on the promenade. There are just too many walkers and casual strollers. Also, many passengers do not like to walk up/down the forward stairs to make the 360 degree loop so you will find people walking both clockwise and counter-clockwise. The stern area is very narrow and thus very difficult to pass slower walkers.

Princess used to have a good jogging and walking track on many of the ships. But when the Sanctuary was introduced, the track was eliminated.

The track brought in less ($0) revenue than the Sanctuary could.

Texas Red, this is my first time on Ruby, but on all of the other Grand class ships I have sailed on, I do the promenade deck for 2 rounds. Usually after dinner, helps me work off what I have eaten.

Thanks, that will work for us!!