2015 San Pedro staggered boarding

arizonaperson

Who has left San Pedro in 2015 and experienced the staggered boarding? Is San Pedro really enforcing the 1 PM start to board? Seems Princess is really trying to discourage dining in the dining room for lunch on Embarkation day with all the late boarding times.

Or

Is the 1pm and later deck times only a suggestion?

I am platinum and so is my husband .(so we have priority boarding,don't have to wait for deck boarding)

My mom and her husband are elite and even though they are elite they like to adhere to all the rules and they don't want to show up too early . What does everybody think ?

I think we can show up around 11:30am and be fine. FYI ,3 ships will b embarking S.P. On Nov. 1st.

Julie

My mom and her husband are elite and even though they are elite they like to adhere to all the rules and they don't want to show up too early . What does everybody think ?

I think we can show up around 11:30am and be fine. FYI ,3 ships will b embarking S.P. On Nov. 1st.

Julie

The Travel Summary for my October cruise from SP states that for the progressive check-in "Guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass may check in at any time from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, though we kindly request that you arrive during your recommended time. All of you have priority boarding & they only request you follow the recommended time and it's not mandatory for your group.

Most Princess cruises I've sailed show 1:00 as the earliest embarkation time & usually is 10:30-ish check-in with boarding by noon which has been my experience each time from SP.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Their suggested staggered boarding times have nothing to do with trying to keep people away from the DR for embarkation lunch.

What I was trying to say.....:eek:

It seems that in San Pedro they are(Princess) on all the documents I have received that boarding starts at 1pm,no earlier. So yes, one would miss the opportunity to have lunch in the D.R. if that was really enforced.

I was just trying to get recent info. from passengers that have left out of S.P. the "now" procedure for embarkation. I last left out of S.P. last December,so that is old info.

I know from reading reviews that we as fellow passengers on the same itinerary can and do have different experiences.

My mom even though Elite wants to go at 1pm(she adheres to what her documents say-almost never bends the rules) and I want to go at 11am or about that time so, this is why I was asking the question.

Thanks to all.

Julie

Edited by arizonaperson

The Travel Summary for my October cruise from SP states that for the progressive check-in "Guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass may check in at any time from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, though we kindly request that you arrive during your recommended time. All of you have priority boarding & they only request you follow the recommended time and it's not mandatory for your group.

Most Princess cruises I've sailed show 1:00 as the earliest embarkation time & usually is 10:30-ish check-in with boarding by noon which has been my experience each time from SP.

Thanks for your reply,my documents say the exact same thing.

Julie

It's "suggested." Not enforced. Often, in San Pedro, Elite passengers are boarded before Platinum.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, last time I traveled with my mom she boarded first as an Elite and we followed right behind shortly after as Platinum passengers. No problem there.

Julie

We boarded at San Pedro in February and it was the most drawn out and idiotic boarding we have ever seen. We sat and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited until they finally called our group. The boarding was so bad that they had to delay muster by almost an hour. People were still boarding after the scheduled departure time. It was nuts.

We boarded at San Pedro in February and it was the most drawn out and idiotic boarding we have ever seen. We sat and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited until they finally called our group. The boarding was so bad that they had to delay muster by almost an hour. People were still boarding after the scheduled departure time. It was nuts.

This is exactly what we want to avoid obviously.:eek:(Thrak so why was it so drawn out -your boarding,did you ever figure out why?) I don't want my mom saying -see we arrived early like you wanted and now we have to wait. I know,you can never predict on any given embarkation day....

Thanks for your reply on your experience.

Julie

Thanks for your reply,my documents say the exact same thing.

Julie

You're welcome & the most current experience would be from May since Princess is not currently sailing from SP.

I sailed from there in January & the previous cruise did not embark passengers until about 5:00 due to a thorough cleaning of the ship & terminal because of norovirus. Our cruise's boarding experience was the same as we always have at our "homeport" of San Pedro...arrive at 10:30, check-in by 11:00 and on the ship by noon. We are elite & are some of the first passengers to board the ship and since Princess states that passengers with priority boarding are not required to follow the progressive boarding it has worked great each time for us from SP.

Hopefully all of you can determine a mutually acceptable time to arrive at the cruise terminal & will have a great anniversary cruise on the Ruby. And that you will be able to begin your cruise like I always like to do with a relaxing lunch in the MDR. :D

Be thankful you're not sailing on 10/3 when there are 4 ships in San Pedro & the Ruby has the last berth...54...which is described as for chilled freight & has no cruise terminal & probably only a warehouse. :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

What I was trying to say.....:eek:

It seems that in San Pedro they are(Princess) on all the documents I have received that boarding starts at 1pm,no earlier. So yes, one would miss the opportunity to have lunch in the D.R. if that was really enforced.

I was just trying to get recent info. from passengers that have left out of S.P. the "now" procedure for embarkation. I last left out of S.P. last December,so that is old info.

I know from reading reviews that we as fellow passengers on the same itinerary can and do have different experiences.

My mom even though Elite wants to go at 1pm(she adheres to what her documents say-almost never bends the rules) and I want to go at 11am or about that time so, this is why I was asking the question.

Thanks to all.

Julie

Got it! :)

Unless there is an actual delay due to noro etc for deep cleaning we arrive at 10:30. Boarding starts around Noon. Give it a try. ;)