Curtis Stone restaurant is called 'SHARE'

InTheWASide

Now if Princess wanted to please just me----- they would put crème brule' and wild berry cobbler back on the desert menu.

Crème brule' is on the dining room menu every evening as an always available dessert. However, it is only vanilla flavor.

Dorothy, we were on Grand Princess the sailing before drydock. Nothing was started that we noticed; however, there were some things going on.

We were chatting with a group in a bar at a port stop who were on the ship to do QUITE things at night.

If we hadn't met them, we would have never known ... so I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Look forward to having a wonderful cruise on Emerald! :)

LuLu

Thans so much for sharing that.

Hi Dorothy, how are you and Joe?? I'm sure you miss Gail as much as we do. What cruises do you have planned, we've finally gotten our life back together after the move and John's Dad's passing and have 4 cruises booked. I'm out of FCC's and even had to book the Royal without them, hoping when we get on the Caribbean Princess and can make an adjustment. Let me know how you're doing.

Hi Joyce. Yes, we do miss Gail very much and still cant believe she is gone. I'm so happy we had the opportunity to cruise with her one last time last October on The Royal.

Going on the Emerald in November and hopefully to Hawaii next year. Also booked on the Regal repo next fall. Sure hope the Emerald will still be intact in November. Will definitely do Sabatinis in that beautiful venue one last time.

Nice to talk with you. Happy cruising! :)

While some of the menu items sound interesting, the images of the venue itself look truly awful to me. The chairs look uncomfortable and lots of uncarpeted floor means the noise level may be bad. We enjoyed Sabatinis on the Emerald and her sisters and thought it was a lovely place to have an intimate dinner with good views sometimes (we loved dining there when we went through the Strait of Messina). This concept looks uninviting to me, but that's just my opinion.

These are good points and I agree the seating looks really uncomfortable. But from a revenue standpoint, if you are not comfortable you will leave sooner, opening up the table for another revenue generating customer. The noise level is also an issue. Sabatinis and Crown Grill to me are not very noisy due to the carpet and furnishings absorbing sound. Our recent voyage on the Royal was overall ok, did like the food at Alfredo's, but the noise level (mostly from Piazza entertainment) was a negative for us. Guess I still like the idea of a quite romantic meal with my wife when we are relaxing on holiday.

Everyone has their own opinion about menus and that is as it should be.

Now if Princess wanted to please just me-----they would have a Bayou Café on every ship and they would put crème brule' and wild berry cobbler back on the desert menu. In addition, they would get a Texan to teach the chef on the Royal Princess Horizon Court Bistro how to make taco meat.

While I am on a roll here, I might as well add a few more preferences for the food-------the salsa needs to be kicked up a few notches with more jalapenos; the fried chicken needs to be cut into pieces that are recognizable as to what part of the chicken it came from; and consideration given to the national origin of the majority of the passengers commonly found on the various itineraries. I like to try the cuisine of other countries but not for every meal. This country boy likes down home cooking more often than I have found it aboard ship.

All that being said, I still have no desire to sail on any cruise line but Princess.

These are good points and I agree the seating looks really uncomfortable.

These are drawings, an artist's conception.

The actual chairs may not look anything like what is in the drawing.

It could be that the same chairs now in Sabatini's will continue to be used.

Edited by caribill

Thats actually what I was thinking. If you look at the artists conception of the royal and compare with the actual ship, there are some changes in color, tone and design. I'm sure there will be revisions before and during build, so from a design standpoint I will wait to see at least actual photos.

Criticizing the announced concept is fair game at this point, but going after the design is premature.

These are drawings, an artist's conception.

The actual chairs may not look anything like what is in the drawing.

It could be that the same chairs now in Sabatini's will continue to be used.

No reason they couldn't either do it in the steakhouse or the new venue. I would suspect new venue to get people in there...

What will happen to "Breakfast in Sabatinis" which IMHO is the best suite perk out there.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

I think some people have the concept of this new restaurant wrong. To me it sounds similar to a restaurant on Michigan Ave. in Chicago called 'Purple Pig'. If that is the case, it is a fun place to dine. At least I hope that is the case.

I don't believe 'Share' is a communal or family style restaurant where everyone is taking food from the same bowl. Rather you will be dinning with the person/people you came in with. So, if you came in with your spouse, each of you would order (say) 3 dishes each and you two would 'share' (the portions would be small) these dishes (with each other, not with strangers).

My question is.......will this restaurant be included with the cruise price or an extra charge?

I think some people have the concept of this new restaurant wrong. To me it sounds similar to a restaurant on Michigan Ave. in Chicago called 'Purple Pig'. If that is the case, it is a fun place to dine. At least I hope that is the case.

I don't believe 'Share' is a communal or family style restaurant where everyone is taking food from the same bowl. Rather you will be dinning with the person/people you came in with. So, if you came in with your spouse, each of you would order (say) 3 dishes each and you two would 'share' (the portions would be small) these dishes (with each other, not with strangers).

My question is.......will this restaurant be included with the cruise price or an extra charge?

The Princess press release describes SHARE as communal dining & by using that word to describe the dining experience then it appears that it will be sharing with others. Crown Grill has side dishes to share when 2 or more are dining yet Princess does not consider that communal dining.

Here's my earlier post about what I read on the Princess FB site & they are not disclosing the cost.

I read a question on the Princess Facebook site about the cost but they didn't give a price only stating that "there will be a nominal cover charge for SHARE much like with our other specialty dining options".

It seems odd to put out a press release without knowing what it will cost? :confused:

This is how I interpreted how the meal would be served, and I still don't like it. I think most interpret it this way. For those of us with allergies, it seems odd to modify food for everyone at the table to accommodate my needs, even if they are friends and family. I have been to some Italian restaurants this way and it worked but it wasn't my choice of ways of ordering.

Cost - I am sure it will be extra.

QUOTE]

I completely agree! This is what I attempted to say in my prior post - this appears to be a more "gastro" pub type restaurant, as you said similar to "Purple Pig" or "Publican" in Chicago. Heck, I think Chicago has this type of restaurant on every block, it seems! LOL! I actually like that restaurant style, more casual and I like sharing food with my husband. When I described it to him, he was excited about the concept. I do not foresee what some posters are describing, which is a Thanksgiving family-style "pass around the platter" dinner.

So I would advise some deep breaths, folks. I won't lie; I do like Sabatini's and will miss it. But I will welcome the new fresh concept with an open mind. Give it a chance. When it's all done & implemented, if you hate it, then voice your displeasure and dine elsewhere.