Limo service from Port Everglades to Walt Disney World

humingbird

My husband and I will be traveling TO Walt Disney World FROM Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale after a HAL Caribbean Cruise in January.

We would like to rent a car service to take us to our Disney World Resort from the port. Have any of you had this experience? If so, would you please recommend a car service that you liked and was reliable. Thank you so much. :)

I hope you realize how many miles between the two.

You could probably fly for less money than hire a car and driver.

However, if you do want to pursue the car/driver, KK advice to go to the other forum

is a good idea.

I agree with Sail7Seas..It's 213 miles which will normally take about 3 1/2 hrs..

A car & driver will be very expensive..

The Florida Express Bus takes about 5 hrs & the cost is $95.00 per person..

http://www.rome2rio.com/s/Port-Everglades/Walt-Disney-World

Edited by serendipity1499

I'd rent a car. It's about a 3 1/2 drive and there are no one way rental surcharges in Florida for most car rental companies. It's a very easy drive. You'd take a taxi to FLL and you can drop the car off right in Disney World if you use National or Alamo.

Agree with renting a car, lowest cost by far

I should add that it's not a complicated drive, either. It's I-595 W when you leave the airport. Then the Florida Turnpike N toward Orlando until you see the Disney World signs. (Before anyone says, "I take I-95 to FL-706 at Okeechobee to the Turnpike...." please remember that I'm trying to keep it simple. :) )

We rented a car. As others have said, National and Alamo have drop off's in Disney world. Both have a shuttle that will take you back to your hotel if you are staying on Disney property. DH and I always stop at the grocery store on the way to the hotel, unload our bags, etc, and then leisurely take the car back. So easy! And it was the least expensive option.

Edited by bjarrett7

Florida has the Sun Pass for roads and bridges and some of the roads do not have a cash option. Drivers without a Sun Pass will receive a bill (at a much higher toll rate) after the fact.

Rental Cars will provide a Sun Pass for the car if requested, but it will also be at a very high rate.

I want to thank you all for replying to my question. I have also posted this on the Fort Lauderdale message board, as suggested, but have received only two replies.

I have checked prices for several limo services and know it will be expensive. We would just like to be picked up at the port, have our luggage loaded, and have a nice, stress free trip to WDW. That is why I was asking for suggestions for reliable Limo Services.

I have learned so much from Cruise Critics message boards. Thanks again.

I have done the reverse drive before...rented a car from Disney and driven to Port Everglades for a cruise.

The drive really could not be simpler. The Turnpike goes straight between the two places. We rented from Dollar Rent a car. They have a program that for a set fee you get unlimited tolls on the turnpike. It gets expensive if you have the car for a lot of days, but since we just had it for one day to get to the port, it was reasonable and nice to just zoom through the EZ lanes on the turnpike.

Most of the major car companies treat Florida as one large location, so there is not usually a fee for doing one way rentals as long as you stay in Florida.

Most of the car rental companies have locations near Port Everglades, but I would recommend taking a cab to the airport and renting there. The port locations get overrun when the ships are disembarking. FFL is very close to the port and the car selection will be a lot better.

Just one other idea to consider - depending on whether you want cheaper options without driving: you can take Amtrak from Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando for about $40 coach, more if you want better class of seats. It's just under 5 hours for the train ride, and you can catch a bus or taxi from Orlando station to Disney World. Taxi would be about $60, or you can take a free shuttle to the airport and then cab to Disney for $30, if you don't mind all kinds of different transportation!

Personally though, I find the drive simple and relaxing, so I'd rent a car if I were in your shoes. The worst part of the drive is the first 10-15 minutes getting west of Ft. Lauderdale on A595...once you get to Turnpike, there's about 30 minutes of light traffic through West Palm, then light to no traffic much of the rest of the way as you're driving mostly through farm and ranch territory (I live near Ft. Lauderdale and drive up to Disney about 4-5 times a year).

I have checked prices for several limo services and know it will be expensive. We would just like to be picked up at the port, have our luggage loaded, and have a nice, stress free trip to WDW. That is why I was asking for suggestions for reliable Limo Services.

Folks, Humingbird isn't interested in possibly cheaper alternative modes of transport. While everyone is making excellent suggestions, it might be worthwhile focussing research efforts on limo services.

I want to thank you all for replying to my question. I have also posted this on the Fort Lauderdale message board, as suggested, but have received only two replies.

I buy lottery tickets for two reasons --so I can charter a jet to/from whatever cruise I want and the limos to get there. I understand your feelings.

I would definitely look at TripAdvisor and Yelp for limousine reviews. I completely understand wanting to have a hassle free Port Everglades to WDW experience. I only suggested the rental car because of cost and the fact that it's an easy drive.

Folks, Humingbird isn't interested in possibly cheaper alternative modes of transport. While everyone is making excellent suggestions, it might be worthwhile focussing research efforts on limo services.

Realize that Hummingbird is not interested in driving themselves & that's why I recommended the Florida Express Bus which is only $95 per person.. It picks you up right in the port but they may have to wait a couple of hours due to the bus schedule..

I would definitely look at TripAdvisor and Yelp for limousine reviews. I completely understand wanting to have a hassle free Port Everglades to WDW experience. I only suggested the rental car because of cost and the fact that it's an easy drive.

I bolded you last sentence as that is the same reason why I recommended the Fla. Express bus.. I'm now doing all the driving in our family & I did not want to drive by ourselves to the port & back, when we were on our long cruise, so we booked the Fla Express bus over & back.. It worked out well for us.. I looked into a limo as realized a limo would be much less stress but I also did not want to spend that kind of $$$ on a limo.. So I took the next best way for us by using the Express bus...

Avis has a port shuttle that picks you and your luggage up at your terminal and brings you the few miles to the rental facility (its in the Hyatt Pier 66) where they move your luggage to your rental car. The port shuttle has a separate listing under the Avis website. Have used this several times as I drive to the port. Might be an option for you as limo's are expensive.

Avis has a port shuttle that picks you and your luggage up at your terminal and brings you the few miles to the rental facility (its in the Hyatt Pier 66) where they move your luggage to your rental car. The port shuttle has a separate listing under the Avis website. Have used this several times as I drive to the port. Might be an option for you as limo's are expensive.

You might want to read the entire thread.. The OP specifically has said in her further post that she does NOT want to rent a car & she knows limo's are expensive.. I too suggested another way but she made herself clear later on, so they need info on Limo's...

I just checked with the on-line agency that I normally use (suntransfers) and they charge $681.12 from the airport in Fort Lauderdale to anywhere in the Orlando area. :eek:

This is for a normal car service for two people and not even a premium car.

Try looking up the Florida Bus Express on the internet. I chose a random day in October and found 4 daily services from Fort Lauderdale to Orlando for $29 per person.

You would still have to get to the pick-up point in Fort Lauderdale and from the drop-off point. Ther are two drop off points; one in Kissimmee (nearer WDW I suspect) and one more 15 mins away on Universal Boulevard.

Edited by JohnKen3

E-Z pass from other states will not work YET in Fl.

Actually, a couple of states' passes can be used now in FL.

According to the Central Florida Expressway Authority's website, "Quick Pass from North Carolina and PeachPass from Georgia can be used on any road with the E-PASS or SunPass logo. You can also use your E-PASS in North Carolina on the Quick Pass system and in George on the PeachPass system. Passes from other states are not accepted in Florida."

(And yes, I know this has nothing to do with hiring a limo, but just wanted to post the updated info for others getting info from this thread.)