Yesterdays Jewel Departure

britty1

Does anyone have information about the delayed flights in Seattle yesterday and if Jewel delayed sail away for people to get from the airport to the ship. I have some friends who were flying in on sail day but since their flight was delayed they did not arrive in Seattle til 12:15 pm. Just thinking by the time they got their luggage, found were to leave luggage and boarded a RCI bus it would be cutting it close to the everyone on board 90 before sailing. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

No idea, but some people have said if enough passengers are on the delayed flight they'll hold it for a reasonable amount of time. I sailed out of San Juan a couple weeks ago and flew in a day before and was glad that I did. I actually had major delays on my flight coming in that would have made us miss the boat, and on the way home we had delays due to mechanical problems on the plane that made us miss our connection and we were only able to get a guaranteed flight TWO DAYS LATER!! thankfully we left earlier on standby, but had that been our incoming flight, we would have been out of luck. We don't book our airfare through the ship.

This is why I get airport transfers thru RCCL. They wait for you

That's reassuring since they were using RCCL transfer from the airport to the ship. They were only delayed 1 1/2 hours so maybe they made it OK. Thank you.

That's reassuring since they were using RCCL transfer from the airport to the ship. They were only delayed 1 1/2 hours so maybe they made it OK. Thank you.

According to sea-scanner website the ship left at 4:00 pm yesterday. I think that was the original time. Hope your friends made it.

Odds are they were not the only ones on the RCCL transfer on that flight, so it likely was held if at all possible.

I know the Radiance on 7/31 didn't leave Seward until around 2:45am because a horrible wreck shut down the road between Anchorage and Seward and some 800 pax were on RCCL transfers and unable to get through.

(My guess is if your friends aren't answering their phone or texts and/or haven't ranted on social media it's a pretty safe bet they made it though.)

Does anyone have information about the delayed flights in Seattle yesterday and if Jewel delayed sail away for people to get from the airport to the ship. I have some friends who were flying in on sail day but since their flight was delayed they did not arrive in Seattle til 12:15 pm. Just thinking by the time they got their luggage, found were to leave luggage and boarded a RCI bus it would be cutting it close to the everyone on board 90 before sailing. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it.

If they arrived at 12:15pm, they should be fine. Assuming they have their luggage by 1 pm and jumped into a cab or private shuttle, pier 91 is approx 40 minutes away. Even if there is some traffic, I doubt it would take more than 3 hours to get from the airport to the pier in time for the 4pm debarking.

Well, since no one else said it, I will...flying in the day or night before is the safest. I know not everyone can do this due to work schedules of other conflicts, but it is peace of mind to arrive early!

Hope your friends made it, this can be very stressful!!

Edited by Arizona Cruz Chic

The ship left on time but if they arrived here at 12:15 and had RCCL transfers they would have made it. I work downtown and midday on a Friday the traffic here is routinely lighter than other days. Also locals take advantage of our normally great weather in August to take vacation which reduces traffic downtown even further.

Normally it is a 40-45 minute ride but this time of year it can be even quicker. :)

According to sea-scanner website the ship left at 4:00 pm yesterday. I think that was the original time. Hope your friends made it.

First, congrats on being able to mention a banned web site in a thread.

The ship location information on that web site is not real info - it is calculated based on the published itinerary. A much better and accurate place for ship info is something like marinetraffic which had the ship leaving at 23:20 UTC or 4:20PM local.:cool:

First, congrats on being able to mention a banned web site in a thread.

The ship location information on that web site is not real info - it is calculated based on the published itinerary. A much better and accurate place for ship info is something like marinetraffic which had the ship leaving at 23:20 UTC or 4:20PM local.:cool:

Thanks biker. Appreciate that, I've book marked in place of the other one.