Spa and a glass of wine?

zxcvbbvcxz

[COLOR="Purple"][/color]

Wondering if you can bring an alcoholic beverage into the spa area?

I would prefer Vibe for my relaxing, but being on a Nov cruise out of NYC, have a feeling the weather will not be ideal for the majority of our sea days.

Bottle of wine. Hot tub. Nappy time.

Exactly! As far as I'm concerned the main use of hot tubs is that they are a great place to relax with a cocktail, especially under the stars in the evening. I've always done this on NCL ships and was totally shocked (and dismayed) to be told it is not allowed on Carnival ships. Seemed very odd since Carnival is the one with the "fun ships/party hearty" reputation. But, as I said, never an issue anywhere on NCL.

When I was on the Gem last year they were actually encouraging bringing in a drink to the spa. On the Jade I brought a drink every time. The nice thing about the spa is they are usually in fairly close proximity to the pool (I actually had to pass it every time I went). So stop by the pool bar and get a drink from there as they almost always serve in plastic/acrylic. Very spa friendly! :)

Cheers!

Rochelle

We would take the entire bottle (along with a couple glasses) into the spa area on our last Getaway cruise, not sure if that was breaking the rules or not. Staff did not say anything to us!

Sorry but that is just stupid, bringing any glass.......cup, bottle of beer, bottle of wine into a spa is a disaster waiting to happen. Can you imagine how many hundreds of pieces of glass would get scattered if anything dropped and broke. It take a heck of a lot of work to empty and clean a hot tub after a glass in broken in one

Edited by Laszlo

Sorry, should have titled it "safety cup" of wine

Nothing meant by glass of wine... Just saying can you bring a drink in.... Fine to clarify once but boy are people touchy here..( mjkcmom had a nice way to make her point). The others not so much and just have the need to police everyone else.... No need to say something is stupid, why can't we all play nice? I need a a drink now.

When I was on the Gem last year they were actually encouraging bringing in a drink to the spa. On the Jade I brought a drink every time. The nice thing about the spa is they are usually in fairly close proximity to the pool (I actually had to pass it every time I went). So stop by the pool bar and get a drink from there as they almost always serve in plastic/acrylic. Very spa friendly! :)

Cheers!

Rochelle

Well with UBP I think you made my spa time nice...now if I can just get the DH to go get refills...;)

Well with UBP I think you made my spa time nice...now if I can just get the DH to go get refills...;)

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. The only problem is when you go in the spa you have to hand over your key, which makes getting those refills a little problematic. Guess that's why they don't have servers frequenting the spa. :D

And just a note for all those panicking about the potential broken glass inthe spa issue -- must not be a big enough issue for the cruise line as they allow beer bottles by the regular pools and spa. That said, I am still a fan/supporter of the use of plastic or acrylic in the spa and pool areas.

Rochelle

Edited by rochelle_s

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. The only problem is when you go in the spa you have to hand over your key, which makes getting those refills a little problematic. Guess that's why they don't have servers frequenting the spa. :D

And just a note for all those panicking about the potential broken glass inthe spa issue -- must not be a big enough issue for the cruise line as they allow beer bottles by the regular pools and spa. That said, I am still a fan/supporter of the use of plastic or acrylic in the spa and pool areas.

Rochelle

Darn I forgot about the desk having the keys...

Wondering if you can bring an alcoholic beverage into the spa area?

I would prefer Vibe for my relaxing, but being on a Nov cruise out of NYC, have a feeling the weather will not be ideal for the majority of our sea days.

If you bring beverages into the spa, please make sure that you use plastic, and not glass. Don't want people getting cut because of a broken glass.

We purchased the Thermal Suite on the Dawn 8/7-8/14. The spa staff informed us upon arrival that alcoholic beverages were permitted in plastic cups. I'm quite sure if passengers are old enough to drink, they are old enough to abide by the rules. I witnessed nobody in the suite limping from shards of glass in their feet (and my husband and I were there everyday!) Relax, stop policing, and enjoy your cruise!

I witnessed nobody in the suite limping from shards of glass in their feet (and my husband and I were there everyday!) Relax, stop policing, and enjoy your cruise!

This made me laugh out loud!!!! I did buy 2 cute plastic wine glasses though :D