Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

DH and I will be on the CB on Oct. 21st from Quebec City to Houston. So, I started reading your thread - and couldn't quit. Very enjoyable. Thank you! We also got a great upsell last week from an obstructed OV to a balcony! Can hardly wait. Thanks, again.

Many thanks to Bob for all your work on our roll.

We had a fantastic cruise....we meet so many wonderful cruise critic members on this cruise.....Mic, Rosie, Bruce & Jenny, Sara, Pat & Tom:):) We had a blast! The tours were amazing and sites are breathtaking.

For the question on lunch in the MDR.....no problem in availability ...we ate there several times. In addition, there either pub lunch (crown grill) or pizza available at Sabatini's (it alternated days). Needless to say there are plenty of options available.....you will not go hungry.

The only warning I would give on this cruise is that purchasing the all inclusive beverage package would not be a good idea if you were planning on drinking a single type of drink. One of our friends did purchase the package and starting on day 10 there were items that the wait staff said were gone. By the end of the trip it as several types of wine by the glass, some types of beer, & port were gone....

Tim & Julie

Thank you Bob for taking time from your busy, fun filled cruise days to keep us updated on the happenings as they happen!

Love all your little tidbits of advise also!!:)

Look forward to our cruise in 2016.

Now, Go home and relax?.......unpack, wash clothes, dry clothes, put clothes away, set things aside for next cruise, pick up your mail, check all your email, try to focus on our spreadsheet, etc ....... OR just sit down, prop your legs up and have a drink! :D life is good!!!!!!

Thanks again....hope all is well:):):)

The only warning I would give on this cruise is that purchasing the all inclusive beverage package would not be a good idea if you were planning on drinking a single type of drink. One of our friends did purchase the package and starting on day 10 there were items that the wait staff said were gone. By the end of the trip it as several types of wine by the glass, some types of beer, & port were gone....

This may be an even bigger problem for those of us on this cruise next year. Several of us have the AIBP through the Princess Sip & Sail promo, so the booze will probably disappear even faster - unless Princess understand this and stocks accordingly.

Thanks for the live from. I have enjoyed reading it One thing about the elites

getting 72 hours laundry, it was because there were over 630 elites on board.

Also princess ran fill up the bag laundry a couple of times this cruise. The cut off for the most traveled luncheon was over 430 days. The most traveled person had well over 1450 days. Most of the officers and a lot of the cruise, changed out after the cruise before. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise next year.

Just wanted to let everyone that I threw a number of pictures up on my Flickr page. There are still many more pictures to upload, patters to scan & upload, and add all the associated tags......:):):)

Bob[/i

You are too kind and conscientious. You know you are not getting paid overtime for all this extra work. :)

I have looked at your pics of London and Paris. Looking forward to the ones from Iceland.

Thanks for the live from. I have enjoyed reading it One thing about the elites

getting 72 hours laundry, it was because there were over 630 elites on board.

Also princess ran fill up the bag laundry a couple of times this cruise. The cut off for the most traveled luncheon was over 430 days. The most traveled person had well over 1450 days. Most of the officers and a lot of the cruise, changed out after the cruise before. I am sure you will enjoy your cruise next year.

The actual cut off for the most traveled luncheon was 407. We made it for the first time ever! I need to take cruises other elites don't care about I guess...NOT! I book for the itinerary not the most traveled luncheon. By the way it was great! Enjoyed it a lot.:)

The actual cut off for the most traveled luncheon was 407. We made it for the first time ever! I need to take cruises other elites don't care about I guess...NOT! I book for the itinerary not the most traveled luncheon. By the way it was great! Enjoyed it a lot.:)

I guess we have a wait then. Perhaps in 10 years or so we will make it to the luncheon probably just in time to have them cancel it. :eek:

Effy...The ribbon cutting to open the Effy shop was on our cruise in the Caribbean last April. Some pieces are nice, some pieces very gaudy IMHO. All seemed to be astronomically priced. I would rather take a couple of cruises than spend that much on a necklace!! But, that is just my feeling...we looked, they don't charge for that! My comment is a bit tardy but have been in Maui and just got home and catching up on Bob's trip.

Edited by Balconies R Us

Bob, how did you get your glasses fixed.

I didn't yet. Using an old pair that are good for everything but reading. I have an Ophthalmologist apppoint to get a new perscription. The old one was too old to get a new pair.....:):):)

Bob

We had well over 100 attend the Meet and Greet. The ship's officers did not attend as I totally forgot about the invitations. I won't make the same mistake next year. There wasn't a specific organized sail away event that I I was aware of. As far as I know, the late arrival times did not affect the private tours. I do not know of specifics as to if additional arrangements were made however as I did not organize an excursion. The guide we had for the Golden Circle excursion was fantastic. So much so that I'm toying with the idea of doing the GC again in 2016 and using the same guide. I have his information, so I'll keep you posted on next year's thread.

Take Care.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Bob - thanks for the daily updates and photos. 10 months is just too long to have to wait....at least I already know that I'll have to re-think my packing as I was not considering cold weather (only cool).

Please let me be one of the first to ask to be included in your GC excursion in 2016. I imagine after your rave reviews and photos that others will quickly follow my request.

Enjoy your sea days - they are my favorite days as well. Nowhere that you HAVE to be and all day to do whatever you want.

Thanks again for the daily updates - see you next year (or maybe sooner once you two get back home)

Donna

That's the beauty of having a number of various itineraries to choose from. There is something for everyone. I live and work in the high desert north of Los Angeles. It was over 100 when I left home. I actually do not like the heat and love cold and rainy/dreary days as I grew up in Seneca Falls New York.

Sitting out by the pool all day and dealing with the Hogs is not my cup of tea. I know that others like the laying out by the pool concept, but I like colder weather.....:):):)

Bob

I'm with you - although the high desert is nice for at least 1/2 the year, on a good year, 3/4......I miss the fall foliage of New England and absolutely hate the hot weather. Give me a cloudy, overcast day anytime - rain would be an extra added perk :).

Great photo Bob , we agree with your observation . Would give you 2 thumbs up but CC only allows 1 ! Thanks for sharing the cruise and the cool weather - we're sorry that we missed it and meeting you and Holli and all the others we met on CC before the cruise . But sometimes you just have to count your blessings , including the things that we normally take for granted . Pat was happy to take her first bath yesterday - 6 weeks after her accident !! :) :D

Pat - Good News about the bath - I know that's all I wanted to do when I finally got home from the hospital was to "hit the showers" - Stay Strong - Keep up the good work!

Donna

as always your comments are so helpful and photos glorious !!!:)

can you believe it's been 7 years since we were on the emerald TA -

that was a sensational time at all the ports !!

glad you both have been able to travel - there is nothing like it &

all the wonderful people we meet !!

hope to see you both again someday !! ;)

ann & jim