carnival stock

cruisin froggy

On each cruise you receive onboard credit which is combinable with other types of OBC. :)

6 days or less: $50

7-13 days: $100

14+ days: $250

It's limited to one shareholder credit per cabin & is a simple credit to your onboard account to offset any debits for onboard expenses including gratuities.

I've attached the OBC application form which is not required to use however it answers questions about this program & ensures a thorough request to speed up the process for everyone.

Princess_Shareholder_Request_Form_2016.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

I've seen a few posts suggesting we buy carnival stock. Other than the obvious benefit of having the stock, is there a benefit to having it when cruising? I hope this isn't a dumb question but if so, please forgive me. :mad:
Not a dumb question. The ROI is really good, particularly if you cruise Carnival Corporation brands. For each cruise, you get OBC (per cabin) from $50-250, depending on the length of the cruise, that's combinable with any other OBC. Even if you take just one cruise a year, the return is as much as to 5%. I broke even years ago so every time I cruise, it's icing on the cake.

There is one thing I am not clear on. Is there any limit per year for number of cruises on which one can earn the OBC credit?

No limit and I always compare the total cost when deciding whether to book as a b2b or one longer cruise. On a 31 day cruise it was more cost-effective for me to book as a b2b which gave me $500 in SOBC instead of only $250. It's the same consideration for my military OBC which is the same amount as the SOBC and it was great to have $1,000 in OBC in addition to other types of OBC. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I thought that was the case, but almost too good to be true. :cool:

PescadoAmarillo and hubby must really love it since they cruise for weeks on end each winter. I immediately thought of her and thought they were able to do that. Very good. We're not ready to be able to take a lot of cruises in one year, but maybe after retirement.

I thought that was the case, but almost too good to be true. :cool:

PescadoAmarillo and hubby must really love it since they cruise for weeks on end each winter. I immediately thought of her and thought they were able to do that. Very good. We're not ready to be able to take a lot of cruises in one year, but maybe after retirement.

A few years ago I took money that was getting maybe 0.9% interest in the bank and bought 100 shares of CCL. I then booked a cruise to Hawaii and got an immediate return on that money of $250 in OBC. I thought that was much better than the bank was giving me. Then I discovered that they were also giving me quarterly dividends. It has been a steady $25 per quarter but I seem to remember that it is now increasing slightly. Even better. I love getting the OBC each time we cruise. It's like getting free money. Our next cruise is coming up in less than 3 weeks and we are getting $250 on that one. (We will also be getting $250 OBC for using Future Cruise Deposits to book the cruise. MORE free money! :D)

I bought 100 shares a couple of years ago after my parents passed and I had a little extra money from the estate. Aside from the fact its gone up I've gotten $600 this year and about the same previous years in onboard credit. It been a pretty good deal for me.

I actually just faxed in paperwork today for a booking and the credit appeared on my account in less than 30 minutes.

I bought 100 shares a couple of years ago after my parents passed and I had a little extra money from the estate. Aside from the fact its gone up I've gotten $600 this year and about the same previous years in onboard credit. It been a pretty good deal for me.

I actually just faxed in paperwork today for a booking and the credit appeared on my account in less than 30 minutes.

So far I've received $520 in dividends and $750 in OBC. I usually book interiors and 7 day trips with a couple 5 dayers mixed. I avg 3 cruises per 2 years.

Depending how your 401k works, you might be able to buy with retirement funds that you were not going to spend anyway. Hint: Carnival CCL tends to hit an annual low around the middle of October. Hard to tell if that will happen this year, but $35 a share is much better than $50 a share.

No advantage having two people with 100 shares each unless they book in separate cabins - OBC is one per cabin.

Depending how your 401k works, you might be able to buy with retirement funds that you were not going to spend anyway. Hint: Carnival CCL tends to hit an annual low around the middle of October.<>

This is terrific advice and of course is exactly what we did. :)