When do you HAVE to disembark on the last day?

Nuala45678

Our flight leaves late at night on disembarkation day (Rhapsody of the Seas in October) and we'd like to maximise time on board, if possible. What is the latest time we will be allowed to remain before we get thrown overboard? :D

I've asked the same question, as we don't have anyplace in particular we have to be, and we're just driving home. Apparently the maximum is about 1000-ish.

Thanks. I'd hoped we had a bit longer. I read somewhere about the possibility of a paid extension, or maybe I was dreaming? I know we have to be out of our cabin, but would love the chance to just mooch around, swim, have a leisurely brunch, rather than wander aimlessly around dragging all our luggage.

Thanks. I'd hoped we had a bit longer. I read somewhere about the possibility of a paid extension, or maybe I was dreaming? I know we have to be out of our cabin, but would love the chance to just mooch around, swim, have a leisurely brunch, rather than wander aimlessly around dragging all our luggage.

Once upon a time, they offered a Late Disembarkation for Europe ports. You could actually book it as a Shorex for $35 pp. Check what's available in your Shore Excursions for your disembarkation port.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3982

Remember that first day when you arrived at 10:30 am as is suggested by many on these boards and waited to be one of the first to board? Well, no one can board until the ship is cleared of all previous passengers first.

Remember that first day when you arrived at 10:30 am as is suggested by many on these boards and waited to be one of the first to board? Well, no one can board until the ship is cleared of all previous passengers first.

If they still offer the Late Disembarkation program in Europe, then, yes you can board.

They want you off ASAP...you'll find that any and all service you've come to expect is conspicuously missing on the last morning. Few smiles, less talking...they want you GONE!

You will need to be out of the cabin by 8-8:30 am....so sitting in public areas is about all you can do. Breakfast is earlier than normal, so you can't linger there....

If they still offer the Late Disembarkation program in Europe, then, yes you can board.

But they don't offer it in the US and you can't board until everyone gets off. The fact is when the ship arrives in port (in the US) your vacation is over. Get off and let the folks who are all excited about their up coming week have the ship.

They want you off ASAP...you'll find that any and all service you've come to expect is conspicuously missing on the last morning. Few smiles, less talking...they want you GONE!

You will need to be out of the cabin by 8-8:30 am....so sitting in public areas is about all you can do. Breakfast is earlier than normal, so you can't linger there....

This sums it up pretty well. May as well just move off the ship.........

There is no such thing as "mooching around", swimming and late brunch. The atmosphere is completely different and there is no point hanging around.

Edited by bouhunter

Last few cruises we have realized there is no rush (on our part to be off) since we are just going to load up the car and drive home to start laundry and unpacking.

We still find that by about 9am we are headed for the car just because there isn't anything to do on board and everyone is basically gone.

But they don't offer it in the US and you can't board until everyone gets off. The fact is when the ship arrives in port (in the US) your vacation is over. Get off and let the folks who are all excited about their up coming week have the ship.

Yes I know the program is NOT available outside of Europe, but I was replying to the OP who is on the Rhapsody in October - which is in Rome at that time.

Yes I know the program is NOT available outside of Europe, but I was replying to the OP who is on the Rhapsody in October - which is in Rome at that time.

Ah - that changes my thinking too. I was thinking the OP could just rent a car and drive around the area, but may not be comfortable doing that overseas. With bags, thinking that maybe RCCL has a city tour you can take before they take you to the airport or hiring a driver (which could be more expensive, but not sure how many are in group.)

That has never been our experience. While they clearly want to clear the ship as quickly as possible so that they can get her ready for the next sailing's passengers, service, smiles etc. have never been conspicuously missing on the last morning. They again I can understand why the staff might be quite happy to see "some" passengers leave.;)

Other then delays in disembarking, passengers should be off the ship by 10AM. All out their rooms by 8 AM. We came off a TA in 2011 on the LOS and passengers were still getting off at Noon due to delays in Customs. Lines were backed up throughout the ship and some passengers couldn't get out of the elevators and many missed their flights.

Other then delays in disembarking, passengers should be off the ship by 10AM. All out their rooms by 8 AM. We came off a TA in 2011 on the LOS and passengers were still getting off at Noon due to delays in Customs. Lines were backed up throughout the ship and some passengers couldn't get out of the elevators and many missed their flights.
LOS? LB or LG