Allure Suite Lounge Restrictions

bobmagg

I am booked in a Grand Suite. My son and his wife are booked, but not in a suite. Will I be able to invite them into the Suite Lounge? Have them for dinner in the Coastal Kitchen?

The Suite Lounge is for Gold Card Holders only, those booked in a GS or higher cabin category as well as Pinnacle Club C&A Members.

Check with the Host/Hostess at CK to see when your son and his wife can join you for dinner as reservations are needed. Breakfast and Lunch might not be a problem.

Edited by cruisenfever

I am booked in a Grand Suite. My son and his wife are booked, but not in a suite. Will I be able to invite them into the Suite Lounge? Have them for dinner in the Coastal Kitchen?

no to lounge access. maybe to CK access and there will be a fee. I believe it is $50 per person.

Wouldn't be a suite lounge if anybody who knew someone actually entitled to it could go too.

They can invite you to dinner wherever they eat

no to lounge access. maybe to CK access and there will be a fee. I believe it is $50 per person.

Got off the Oasis last month.....there is NO charge to bring guests into the Coastal kitchen. However, you do need to check to make sure they can be accommodated and you then make a reservation.

We had our son and DIL as our guests in the CK last month.

Don't know where you got the idea there was a charge. We also were in the CK on Quantum and there was no charge for guests there either.

??????

Care to expand on that

I may have my suite only access restaurants confused, but one does charge $50 per person to bring guests in for dinner that are not otherwise entitled to access.

others are strictly only if there is room available so as to not deprive those with valid access

I may have my suite only access restaurants confused, but one does charge $50 per person to bring guests in for dinner that are not otherwise entitled to access.

They do assess a fee for non-suite guests to dine in their suite dining room, Luminae, and the charge at dinner is $50 per person...

On Celebrity, non-suite guests can only access Luminae--by prior arrangement with the Maitre 'D--at the invitation of suite guests with whom the non-suite guests will be dining; the associated fee is billed to the onboard account of the suite guests hosting the table...

Edited by Xport

The Concierge Lounge is restricted to those actually IN a suite....so that's gonna be a "no-go" for your adult kids. No worries...you can get a drink or two and THEN meet them somewhere.

There is no longer a Concierge Lounge on the Allure. There is now a Suites Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen in the former Viking Crown Lounge area. The former Concierge Lounge is now the Diamond Lounge on the Allure.

To access the Suites Lounge you have to be staying in a Grand suite or higher cabin or a Pinnacle C&A member. Coastal Kitchen will allow non-suites guests to dine with a suite guest based on availability. Reservation is required though.

The Concierge Lounge is restricted to those actually IN a suite....so that's gonna be a "no-go" for your adult kids. No worries...you can get a drink or two and THEN meet them somewhere.

You are correct about access to the CL not being available to non-suite passengers or to Pinnacle Club members, but Suite Guests and Pinnacles ARE able to invite otherwise ineligible guests to dine in Coastal Kitchen with them. Reservations and mention that you are bringing guests are required.

On Allure recently they were very strict about the Suite guests only rule. Several people asked and were not allowed to bring anyone who wasn't in a suite. There were, as far as I'm aware, no exceptions on that sailing.

One party had 2 Suites and 2 Junior Suites between them. Only those in the full suites were allowed entry. I think the ship was almost at full capacity on that trip, and when we hadn't booked for dinner in advance one evening, we couldn't get a table, so perhaps it was only because it was so busy, but I'm not sure. We were OK with that because it was our fault that we hadn't booked that night.

To be honest, if the reason we couldn't get a table was because people who weren't staying in a suite were there as guests of someone who was a suite guest, we wouldn't have been very happy.

others are strictly only if there is room available so as to not deprive those with valid access

Coastal Kitchen is the only "Suite Only (aka Gold Card)" Restaurant that RCI currently has. CK can be found on Quantum Class and Oasis Class, and they do not charge $50 to bring in guests for dinner.

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm on The Allure in a few weeks in one of the new GS, and I have to say if I couldn't get a table in CK because of to many guests. I would be very annoyed.

You will just have to get over it. Before the conversion the vcl had a capacity of 175 guest. Now its half sl, half ck so the coastal kitchen seats around 90.

Guess what, there are 88 full suites on allure, that's 166+ people, not counting the P'S who could be in regular cabins

You will just have to get over it. Before the conversion the vcl had a capacity of 175 guest. Now its half sl, half ck so the coastal kitchen seats around 90.

Guess what, there are 88 full suites on allure, that's 166+ people, not counting the P'S who could be in regular cabins

Which is another very good reason to only allow Full Suite guests and Pinnicle guests.

We just sailed Lady O on August 1, 2015.

When we boarded we went to the suite lounge and booked and got the seating time for the 5 CK we wanted.

The first time we ate their was our second cruise day, and everything was ok, nothing great, very slow dining experience....we did not order desert and were there almost 2 hours..........so was everyone else.

We had early dinner seating, and ate in the dining room the first and a couple nights, we cancelled 3 of the CK reservations and kept one for Cozumel, because we knew we would be getting in late.

Now mind you the selections were served hot and smaller portions.

They did get me a Ceasars salad and DD a shrimp cocktail.

But a slow process.

I think it is a do one, done that experience.

Next year when we sail the Allure we will probably book it for San Juan, because that is a busy day for us. And we will be eating late, with stuff we are booking that day on board.

If you really have your heart set on eating here just check in at the suite lounge and they will make your appointments for you.

Later

I'm on The Allure in a few weeks in one of the new GS, and I have to say if I couldn't get a table in CK because of to many guests. I would be very annoyed.

It's not like you are seated with others like in the main dining room. The only probable instance is if they allow JS guests that might be a challenge which they do sometimes. On 4 cruises that we have been on since CK has been around on 2 of them they allowed JS in CK for dinner.

Edited by CaribSailor

It's not like you are seated with others like in the main dining room. The only probable instance is if they allow JS guests that might be a challenge which they do sometimes. On 4 cruises that we have been on since CK has been around on 2 of them they allowed JS in CK for dinner.

Like some other things, it seems to be inconsistent. I wonder if they wait until the last minute to see if Suite guests have booked for dinner before offering any available tables to those in a Junior as a kind of standby booking? Seems unfair otherwise.

On Oasis now...did some research before sailing and read several posts stating that Suite Lounge had free drinks from 11am-10pm (ish). Went in yesterday after getting back on from Nassau and was charged for my drinks (2 bud lights). Email from concierge also states that cocktail hour is from 5-8:30pm as always done before. No mention of extended hours....anyone else experience this? Not complaining, but I was surprised to be charged after reading all about free drinks in new suite lounge.

On Oasis now...did some research before sailing and read several posts stating that Suite Lounge had free drinks from 11am-10pm (ish). Went in yesterday after getting back on from Nassau and was charged for my drinks (2 bud lights). Email from concierge also states that cocktail hour is from 5-8:30pm as always done before. No mention of extended hours....anyone else experience this? Not complaining, but I was surprised to be charged after reading all about free drinks in new suite lounge.

Actually the posts were saying free wine, beer, and sodas 11am-11pm AND free DRINKS 5pm-8:30pm. That was the way it was when we were cruising on Oasis two weeks in July.

Please ask the concierge for a clarification and come back and tell us what is currently happening.

Edited by beachnative

There is no longer a Concierge Lounge on the Allure. There is now a Suites Lounge and the Coastal Kitchen in the former Viking Crown Lounge area. The former Concierge Lounge is now the Diamond Lounge on the Allure.

To access the Suites Lounge you have to be staying in a Grand suite or higher cabin or a Pinnacle C&A member. Coastal Kitchen will allow non-suites guests to dine with a suite guest based on availability. Reservation is required though.

No longer a lounge for Diamond members? We used to enjoy the nightly cocktail hour. Have they replaced it with free drink coupons during happy hour?

That is bad news

Actually the posts were saying free wine, beer, and sodas 11am-11pm AND free DRINKS 5pm-8:30pm. That was the way it was when we were cruising on Oasis two weeks in July.

Please ask the concierge for a clarification and come back and tell us what is currently happening.

Sailed 8-29-15 on the Oasis. Free beer, wine and soda from 11:30 AM until 11:00 PM everyday. Cocktails from 5:00 PM until 8:30 PM. We drank Miller Light. I do not believe Bud Light was one of the beers offered during non cocktail hours.