Amazing Azamara.

welshfamily

Recently there has been a lot of questions about how Azamara differs from Celebrity/Oceania etc and as I feel it is quite difficult to compare food and services I haven't chipped in.

However,

whilst on the Journey two weeks ago we were eating dinner in Aqualina when the captain's voice came over the loud speakers. He explained that a husband had wanted to toast his wife's birthday with champagne whilst watching the sunset. The husband had booked Aqualina but unfortunately the sun was setting on the other side of the ship. He then told us he was going to turn the ship through 360 degrees SO not only could the husband toast his wife but we could all enjoy the sunset wherever we were on the ship.

The couple were seated on the table next to us.

Champagne was poured, the ship was turned and the captain stopped by to wish the lady Happy Birthday.

The sunset was unbelievably beautiful but it was nothing compared to the looks on the couples faces.

We were Amazed.

Recently there has been a lot of questions about how Azamara differs from Celebrity/Oceania etc and as I feel it is quite difficult to compare food and services I haven't chipped in.

However,

whilst on the Journey two weeks ago we were eating dinner in Aqualina when the captain's voice came over the loud speakers. He explained that a husband had wanted to toast his wife's birthday with champagne whilst watching the sunset. The husband had booked Aqualina but unfortunately the sun was setting on the other side of the ship. He then told us he was going to turn the ship through 360 degrees SO not only could the husband toast his wife but we could all enjoy the sunset wherever we were on the ship.

Champagne was poured, the ship was turned and the captain stopped by to wish the lady Happy Birthday.

The sunset was unbelievably beautiful but it was nothing compared to the looks on the couples faces.

We were Amazed.

What a lovely story of a wonderful gesture by the captain which was enjoyed by the whole ship - can't wait to join Journey in November. :)

Captain Johannes also did this for some friends of mine on a birthday. He was dining with them in Aqualina I think, and just as the sun was setting he asked to be excused. A few minutes later the ship was turned into the wonderful sunset and his voice came over the tannoy wishing Tony a Happy Birthday.

That is what makes Azamara special.

However,

We were Amazed.

Thank you for sharing with us. As others have said, it's one of the countless reasons that make Azamara special.

We were on the same cruise as the Welshfamily. We thought it was a great touch, we were standing by the bar in discoveries when the sunset started to disappear, then the captain announced what he was doing, we watched out the window of the bar as we circled. A bit of Az magic. That's why we repeat.

ps. Hi Welshfamily glad you enjoyed your first Az cruise.

nick and Cheryl

We were on the Journey a few years ago and from the time we boarded the tender at Santorini to get back on board, the wind picked up and the swell became too much for the tender to approach the ship.

We were bobbing around quite a bit and no matter what the tender driver tried, we just couldn't make it.

Eventually, the Captain turned the ship to a different angle, I'm assuming to take the brunt of the swell and we finally managed the approach and to board.

Once again my thanks go out to the ginger capsules that helped me keep the contents of my stomach and of course to the Captain :)

When we cruise in the fall, it's usually our early anniversary present to one another. Last October we had booked Prime C for our anniversary dinner. When we sat down, I mentioned to the maitre d that we should have eaten in Aqualina so we could see the sunset. Before long, Captain Johannes came on the loud speaker and announced that because someone in Prime C was celebrating their anniversary, the ship would be turning around so they could see the sunset....and then he also said he would be charging us $1.00 for fuel....lol To this day, I will never forget it. What a wonderful gesture and what a great sense of humor he has.

It's not just the itinerary that keeps us looking to ACC for cruises but the great officers and staff. Azamara truly makes you feel as if you are family.

I've told this story to friends of our's and their normal response is "no way". Yes....way! It happens.

I am so looking forward to cruising on Azamara again...next August seems so far away. :(

That's what they must mean by the possible fuel surcharge;) Glad to hear they made it happen for you too. Last time I was on Journey they organised a White Night Party on deck for the evening of my birthday. How good is that?:)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

That's what they must mean by the possible fuel surcharge;) Glad to hear they made it happen for you too. Last time I was on Journey they organised a White Night Party on deck for the evening of my birthday. How good is that?:)

Phil

And that was a cracker of a night!

Phil

Sounds wonderful, Phil. 😎

That's possible fuel surcharge was worth it. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lindsay, likewise. Still troubling her I'm afraid. Glad you have taken the plunge for another Az cruise. We off on our next one in just under 4 weeks. Cant wait.

Cheznick,

It was lovely to meet you.

Hope Cheryl's neck is better. We have booked again.

Lindsay