Dress code for dinner in MDR?

Maybe You should change Cruise Line................:rolleyes:

I'm good with Royal's current dress code. There are improvements I'd like to see. If you don't like what they allow you will be disappointed on all mass market lines and should look for a luxury or niche line. their house, their rules. If they say something is okay you just have to deal with it being allowed.

I'm good with Royal's current dress code. There are improvements I'd like to see. If you don't like what they allow you will be disappointed on all mass market lines and should look for a luxury or niche line. their house, their rules. If they say something is okay you just have to deal with it being allowed.

Anyways...No points to argue on this topic....There always be a small portion that show up in JEANS or not by dress code...... So, Do what ever please you my friend We will dress up nice and still see lots of people dressing well as usual, and enjoy our Dinner Time.........:)

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN

Anyways...No points to argue on this topic....There always be a small portion that show up in JEANS or not by dress code...... So, Do what ever please you my friend We will dress up nice and still see lots of people dressing well as usual, and enjoy our Dinner Time.........:)

That's the spirit, Dan!!!:D

Thank you Rala................ I knew already :D

you kind of come off a little hypocritical. You tell people to "go away" when they are within the cruise lines guidelines just because you don't like it, but then you say do as you please and everyone be happy. So, which is it? Because it seems like these guidelines don't make you happy.

you kind of come off a little hypocritical. You tell people to "go away" when they are within the cruise lines guidelines just because you don't like it, but then you say do as you please and everyone be happy. So, which is it? Because it seems like these guidelines don't make you happy.

Rules or no rules, you go out in a nice restaurant, a dining room, whatever,

As i said earlier, people lost the sense of dressing up, I mean just a few.... That's it, That's all, As told earlier...No point to argue.....;)

Can people have a little bit of class ..... Its an evening out , people dress well, you are in a dining room, Is it that hard to dress up on occasion ??? Wear your jeans in the Windjammer and you are in the Caribbean... Its HOT....:p

I'm on vacation. I don't want to dress up. On Jewel in September I wore jeans every day in the MDR for My Time Dining. We actually skipped the first Formal Night because we didn't want to "dress up" and our waiters told us there was no reason to skip the next one, how we were dressed was fine no issue.

I'm on vacation. I don't want to dress up. On Jewel in September I wore jeans every day in the MDR for My Time Dining. We actually skipped the first Formal Night because we didn't want to "dress up" and our waiters told us there was no reason to skip the next one, how we were dressed was fine no issue.

EXACTLY................ People lost the real meaning of what cruising was all about......... My opinion. You look all around you, on all the ships of RC the atmosphere, the dining rooms, the decor, the service (well ok the service sometime could be better lol ) but anyways with all that around you, I just think it would be appropriate to dress well, and I' a Man................. Not a Woman saying that...HaHaHa....:p

We've had that exact same experience with a traditional MDR time.

The waiter asked us to please come when he found out why, then he asked us again at dinner before the second formal night.

I agree I'm on vacation and don't like to dress up. Neither does my DW. But I'd be willing to go back to smart casual and formal for MDR, if the cruise line will go back to a full place setting and bring back the previously removed meal courses.

My family and I are currently going back and forth between our first RC cruise or sticking with NCL. The inconsistency between what's appropriate for dinner and what's not is alarming lol. The last thing I would want is to be turned away at dinner to have to go change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only person I saw turned away in the last few years was a hairy guy with a wife beater on. I can say with certainty that the great many of us waiting in line were relieved. He was ticked but tough luck. Its not a beach BBQ but a dining room.

The only person I saw turned away in the last few years was a hairy guy with a wife beater on. I can say with certainty that the great many of us waiting in line were relieved. He was ticked but tough luck. Its not a beach BBQ but a dining room.

I agree............. :)

But wearing Jeans 7 nights on the same cruise.... ;)

Of course that's your opinion

I Totally agree with you :), Some people palate is not good enough for RC, Maybe they should upgrade Cruise Line ;)

But I can't beleive people want to go in jeans or shorts in a dining room like this one...............

main-dining-room.png

This one, I see no problem with Jeans or Shorts...

Allure-of-the-Seas-9715.JPG

Or That one................

http://www.jimzim.net/Photos/AllureOfTheSeas/JohnnyRockets-IMG_6650.JPG

Edited by DANtheFIREMAN

I Totally agree with you :), Some people palate is not good enough for RC, Maybe they should upgrade Cruise Line ;)

But I can't beleive people want to go in jeans or shorts in a dining room like this one...............

Nothing at all wrong with blue jeans. If I can't wear my jeans, I won't go.

Wear whatever you are comfortable in. You will not be turned away at dinner.

I am sailing on the Indy over NYE. With the exception of NYE and formal, could the men wear dress shorts and golf shirt for dinner?

I know what the dress code says Im asking about actual experience.

Thank you.

First off, I have never worn jeans (or shorts) in MDR in the evening and I never will. However, if folks want to wear them, that's their choice. I sure don't have a problem with jeans.

The argument that I laugh at is how folks claim the Caribbean is too hot for jeans.:rolleyes: I think it's too hot for any type of pants :p I wear jeans every day (in Texas, it is HOT down here) and I don't find them any hotter than any other type of pants.

My preference is shorts! They are not near as hot as jeans, or dockers, or tux pants (which mine are very warm) or suit pants. ;) :D

JMO

I am sailing on the Indy over NYE. With the exception of NYE and formal, could the men wear dress shorts and golf shirt for dinner?

I know what the dress code says Im asking about actual experience.

Thank you.

I haven't seen anyone turned away with what you describe in nearly 10 years.

Now tank tops and hairy arm pits. Well that's something different all together.

BTW I'll be on the same Indy cruise. Looking forward to it.

Coming over from HAL and Celebrity, where the dress threads run more along the lines of whether a jacket but no tie is permissible, now that the rules have been relaxed, and there remains an outright ban on shorts in the MDR for dinner, reading this thread puts a whole different perspective on dress issues. :)