Is 10:55AM relatively safe for flight from SEA?

AlanAllyn

We will be arriving in Seattle on the Maasdam on a Monday (with no other ships in port).

I wouldn't risk it. Considering most airlines want you to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight, that requires you to be in the airport at 8:55. I don't remember how long it takes to get to the airport, but it's a pretty fair ride. Can you get anything later?

Get a later flight.

Pier 91 is not near the airport.

By the time you clear immigration and customs after you get your luggage --- it is about 30 - 45 minutes to the airport depending on traffic.

We have gone through Pier 91 a few times and everything is SLOW!!!!

Even if you can carry off all your luggage and everything else yourself and get a cab -- SLOW.

And remember you have to get through security at the airport and get to your gate -- another SLOW process depending how far away your gate is.

On our last time there -- I was in a wheelchair and was moved to the front of the line through security -- but our gate was far away and toke over 20 minutes to get there.

I would advise against it!!!

I live near Seattle and each time I go through town as you will for the airport I am amazed at how problematic the traffic is!!! and a Monday morning - even worse.

Seattle is a WONDERFUL city in my opinion, but traffic flow is NOT one of its selling points.

Edited by wander

And don't forget - that the ship arriving on time and being cleared by local authorities to begin debarkation is not a guarantee. Just this last week on the Statendam we were an hour late getting into Victoria due to assisting a fishing vessel in distress during the night.

While it wasn't our final port, that extra hour would have added to any traffic etc other delays you might encounter....

After reading the prior posts let me offer our experience;

Arrived in Seattle on Monday, 07/13/15 off the Statendam. We had expressed disembarkation. Off ship by 8 AM and arrived at Seattle Airport by 8:45 AM. Our flight was at 11:20 AM.

Its possible but risky. I recommend that if you do try this that you opt for HAL's express luggage service. We checked our luggage the night before we disembarked and received our boarding passes. All we had to do was go through security when we arrived at the airport. It costs $20 each plus your airline's charge per bag... Totally worth it.

No trouble leaving Pier 91 to make 11:30 am flight. Traveling with 8 family members age 2 to 62 (we don't move fast). Even with the long TSA lines.

We have a choice of 11:30 or 1:45 I booked departing flight leaving 11:30 for 2016 the only reason I wouldn't take a 10:50 flight is because you cannot use luggage direct

I recommend that if you do try this that you opt for HAL's express luggage service. We checked our luggage the night before we disembarked and received our boarding passes. All we had to do was go through security when we arrived at the airport. It costs $20 each plus your airline's charge per bag... Totally worth it.

I believe the proposed flight is too early to qualify for this service---for the exact reason that making the flight is so risky.

OP, I'm happy to read that you decided against this flight.

I wouldn't do it on a Monday but on a Sunday is another matter. We made a 10:15AM flight yesterday. We were lucky; everything fell into place. Expedited walk off began at 7:20, car picked us up at 7:45, at airport at 8:20, check in took awhile as Alaska Air's computers were slow, had TSA Pre check so security was quick, at gate by 9AM. Sunday is the only day I would attempt this in Seattle. And everything has to work and I did have a back up plan.

I agree with others and wouldn't do it. You might make it, but it's risky. I came into Seattle on the Statendam on a Monday and traffic was heavy going to the airport. Plus, we were stopped by a lift bridge and had to sit for quite a long time waiting for it to go down. Not to mention that you often have to take a couple trains to get to your gate once you get through security.

The security lines in Seattle were terrible when we got back from Oosterdam in 2011. It took a long time. The worst airport in the US for security delays, at least it was then and from what I have experienced. I would go for something in the afternoon.

Edited by Jay Sam
correction