Stateroom & Suite renovations

BBMacLaird

Two of the most recent CC member's review of the Quest were by passengers who stayed in the remodeled staterooms.

One couple did have a piece of the headboard come crashing down during the night.:eek: but the reviewer loved the new remodel overall.

Edited by Azulann

There is a degree of truth to the Feng Shui, so they may try to accommodate the issue due to their décor theme of earth,water... But it shouldn't be a problem,as so many other lines put a full-length mirror on the inside of a closet door; Iwould think that could work for Az?(it would be impossible to use it for hair drying,tho.)

;)QUOTE=excitedofharpenden;47721749]I read somewhere that there weren't going to be any full length mirrors at the foot of the bed because it was bad feng shui. Hopefully they'll have one elsewhere in the room.

Phil

Two of the most recent CC member's review of the Quest were by passengers who stayed in the remodeled staterooms.

One couple did have a piece of the headboard come crashing down during the night.:eek: but the reviewer loved the new remodel overall.

That's the one my friend told me about. She was on that cruise and did a tour with those people. I didn't see his review.

It's difficult to dry your hair in the bathroom while your husband is showering and shaving and/or using the toilet. It is also hot in the small enclosed area. Most ladies I know would prefer to sit in front of a mirror to dry their hair. When space is confined, it's nice to be able to have 2 people get ready at once. Please put a mirror above the desk :D

I understood onboard last week that the designs had been revised based on early identified issues - the only one I did get more info on was that a mirror would indeed be added in the room to help us ladies!!

Its a pity that what are old pics have been posted here as the new look without some explanation of any agreed amendments - that would have had a much more positive reaction than what we are seeing here!

Good news! I'm with 81 aoomie, lots of pairs divide and conquer when it comes to dinner prep ;)

Count me among those who like the restful colors! But them my art student daughter insists my favorite color is beige! :o

Another question for those of you who have sailed, in looking at the standard cabins, are all of them set up the same way, with the sitting area and vanity desk by the balcony door?

Good news! I'm with 81 aoomie, lots of pairs divide and conquer when it comes to dinner prep ;)

Count me among those who like the restful colors! But them my art student daughter insists my favorite color is beige! :o

Another question for those of you who have sailed, in looking at the standard cabins, are all of them set up the same way, with the sitting area and vanity desk by the balcony door?

Cannot tell for certain if they are all the same way - they have only done one demo room. I think it is likely they will be like that though because that is how it is in virtually all the rooms now - its not like the Celebrity ships where alternate rooms reverse the layout

That's the one my friend told me about. She was on that cruise and did a tour with those people. I didn't see his review.

We were also on that cruise and knew that couple. Turns out the item that fell was glued and not nailed into the wall. Hopefully that has been fixed:)

• 1 month later...

This tells me everything except when! I thought I had read that Quest would be done the first of the year, 2016.

Thought I'd start a new thread on the Suites & Staterooms, so the news isn't lost on the other, very long, thread...

Here's the link to the Azamara webpage with the photos/renderings. The mislabeld photo has been fixed. Thanks for the feedback, and for all your patience as we roll out the news.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/i...terooms-suites

"The Club World Ocean and Owner’s Suites will undergo major revitalizations. Coffee tables, consoles and dining tables will be replaced with modern furnishings with an updated style and overall feel. The sound and lighting systems will also be updated in order to make the overall mood much more inviting and relaxing. Additionally, the bathrooms will get an overhaul making them larger and a much more efficient use of space. Guests will enjoy all of the new amenities while relaxing before dinner or preparing for another day of touring in the next amazing destination.

The Club Continent Suites will have a top to bottom refresh that includes new drapes, fabrics and furnishings. Guests will feel truly relaxed and refreshed waking up each day onboard in these deluxe staterooms.

The Spa Suites will be two brand new additions to both ships. These suites will be built adjacent to the Sanctum Spa and will feature an elegant look with organic and muted colors. The bathroom shower and tub will have a view of the water, giving guests the opportunity to experience a breathtaking view when relaxing in their shower or tub. Guests who are staying in these suites will also have exclusive access to unique spa amenities that will be included in the price of these staterooms.

In all other staterooms, guests will see new blackout curtains, bed linens, furniture, carpeting, lighting, and a complete bathroom modernization. These updates will give guests a better experience on-board Azamara and will only add to an exciting and enriching travel experience."

We recently had an opportunity for a "sneak peak" and the two refurbished staterooms on the Quest. Since we almost always travel in a Veranda Stateroom, I will focus my comments on that room.

Overall impressions

The decor is a mish-mash of old and new and lacks cohesiveness. The refurbishment of the veranda stateroom has only gone 1/2 way and the designer tried (and failed in my opinion) to integrate the new look with the old. For example, the blond wood of the new bedside tables is at odds with the existing dark brown cabinetry that remains. Some of the brass hardware has been replaced with stainless - perhaps in an attempt to unify the look - but not all of it. The door lever for the bathroom is stainless on the inside and brass on the inside. Why change only some of hardware? The bed linens are beautiful. However, the gold accents and bed skirt seem better suited to the existing decor and not to the the new blue/silver tones of the room.

The grey/blue colour of the walls is dark and gloomy. I can not imagine spending a cloudy day in this room. The shade of grey/blue selected has really missed the mark. How about enlivening the colour by adding a touch of purple? How about lightening up the colour?

Specific Comments

So glad the large mirror opposite the bed is gone. I really did not like looking at myself first thing in the morning! Not thrilled with the size and location of the TV though. It is too prominate in my opinion and I feel like I have to duck to avoid hitting my head when walking past the foot of the bed.

No art in the room. Too bad. Art can add an interest and distinction to a room that is otherwise the same as all the others.

No hooks on the wall. Please bring them back - they are very useful for hanging up bathrobes and laying out clothes for the am.

Like the new bedside lamps and reading lights, although can not figure out why the metallic finish of the fixture does not match the stainless finish of the other new hardware. I think the vinyl and mirrored head board looks a bit "cheap" (that could just be a matter of personal taste) and will become dated very quickly.

Love the lights in the closet!!! No more stumbling around in the dark trying to find that missing black sock. Also, thanks for the bedside electrical plugs. Now I can charge my iPad and read at the same time.

The carpet is lovely (wish I could say the same for the carpet in the Club Continent Suite).

The bathroom....the main changes are new mirrors (including a great makeup mirror) and shelving. Much better. However, the footprint is remains the same (sink, shower/shower curtain, toilet).

Soft furnishings - the stool at the desk has been replaced with a high back, armless chair. Very comfortable but takes up more space. The mini-sofa has been replaced with an oversized curved chair. It is has a very low back with 3 toss cushions. I found it very uncomfortable and unattractive. Definitely a two thumbs down!

In summary, my reaction to the refurbished room is mixed. I like the idea of a modern decor inspired by natural elements. However, I think the rooms could be made much, much better by tweaking the colour of the walls, unifying the hardware, replacing the blond wood bedside tables with a darker wood that is more consistent with the existing cabinetry (or, alternatively, by choosing tables made from a non-wood material so it does not "compete" with the dark wood) and by replacing the curved armchair with something more comfortable and functional (for example, the new high back wing chair in the Club Continent Suite with an added foot stool).

Thanks Azamara for giving us the opportunity to view the refurbished rooms and to being open to our input. It is very much appreciated. Looking forward to experiencing the "new" ship when back on the Quest next September.

Much nicer. Is the carpet different too? Doesn't look as light and 'splodgy' (Yorkshire word!)

Yes, the carpets in the Veranda Stateroom, the CC Suite and the Owner's suite are all different. The one in the Veranda Stateroom has a geometric pattern - I quite liked it.

I found the curved chair extremely uncomfortable. It has a low back and the only support you get is from the 3 throw cushions. I would likely end up using a couple of pillows from the bed. The high back wing chair in the Suite was very comfortable but benefit from a foot stool.

I have attached a photo of the CC Suite.

P1140699.jpg.39dc2eec3b7fd6c1dcf2a6c6e1d260d3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Here are a couple of photos of the chair in the refurbished Veranda Stateroom on the Quest.

Thanks for posting that photo. I don't see why Azamara would feel the need to make the seating space smaller. I can't see two people being happy sitting on that as their legs will be competing because of the curve.

Yes, the carpets in the Veranda Stateroom, the CC Suite and the Owner's suite are all different. The one in the Veranda Stateroom has a geometric pattern - I quite liked it.

I found the curved chair extremely uncomfortable. It has a low back and the only support you get is from the 3 throw cushions. I would likely end up using a couple of pillows from the bed. The high back wing chair in the Suite was very comfortable but benefit from a foot stool.

I have attached a photo of the CC Suite.

Oy. Do you happen to recall the cabin number? Hoping we're not in it on the final cruise before her drydock!

• 4 weeks later...
I can see from this thread that the dry dock for Quest is in April but when you look at the available cruises online - there seems to be only a very small gap.

How long is it estimated that the refurbishment will take ?

It is scheduled as a two week refurb and in other threads it has been reported for both refurbs some of the cabins and suites will not be completed and some people have been moved to other accommodations for the first cruise after refurb on each ship.

For the amount of refurbishments that have been identified many of us have questioned the amount of time vs. the length of the refurb. Will be interesting come next month when the Journey is in dry dock how much has to be done after the next sailing.