Drink package for kids

spazzyjanet

So there is a big price jump from the royal refreshment package and the royal replenish package.

If I get the refreshment package, can they literally only drink soda all week? My kids don't need fresh squeezed juices or coffee/tea, so I don't want to pay for the next package up. Can they get non- fresh squeezed juice? Do the "sodas" include lemonade? What about milk?

If they don't drink a lot of sodas which my grandchildren never did, you can get free juice at breakfast (bring some sports bottles to fill up for during the day) and milk at anytime. There is lemonade in the WJ but not the fizzy kind. Anything fizzy will cost.

Free juices (not fresh squeeze) - usually orange and apple, free milk, free water, free iced tea, free lemonade, free hot tea, free hot cocoa packets, free coffee, free flavored waters. On "chocolate breakfast day" they can get a free chocolate milkshake in the MDR.

There's plenty to drink that is no cost.

So there is a big price jump from the royal refreshment package and the royal replenish package.

If I get the refreshment package, can they literally only drink soda all week? My kids don't need fresh squeezed juices or coffee/tea, so I don't want to pay for the next package up. Can they get non- fresh squeezed juice? Do the "sodas" include lemonade? What about milk?

juice from concentrate is included at breakfast in MDR and buffet. after that, there will always be t least one flavored water to accompany the lemonade and iced tea that is available. milk is all day and also included in th base fare. i like the strawberry kiwi water myself. there is no need to get a package if they don't drink soda or only have say one a day.

Depending on which ship you are on, some of the ships have the Freestyle soda machines. The cup you get in your room for the soda package has a chip in it to activate it. You can refill every 15 minutes. You can choose to add flavoring to your soda or water.

If you were a little concerned about the price, look at it this way. A can of soda cost approximately $2.50 on the ship, so the package pays for itself if they will drink more than 3 sodas a day.

As others have said, they can still get lemonade, tea, non-fresh squeezed juices and water.

Thank you! Based on the descriptions, it sounded like I'd have to pay $22 a day for my kids to drink anything other than soda and water. Glad to know that there is free juice and milk available.

What else are you wanting them to be able to drink all day long? Cappuccino/lattes? Virgin cocktails (mocktails)?

If they're not going to drink fancy coffee drinks or mocktails, there's really no point in getting the Replenish package (fancy drinks) vs the Replenish package (soda/pop).

They can get milk with all meals, and juice at breakfast for free.

Milkshakes at Johnny Rocket's aren't covered by any of the drink packages, so those will be extra no matter what. (They can get free frozen yogurt from the machine on the pool deck, though.)

If you want them to have the occasional virgin frozen drink (like a daiquiri) for a treat, just buy that a la carte -- no need to pay for the Replenish package. If you're wanting them to drink more than four fancy drinks a day, it's cheaper to get the package.

They're not in any danger of suffering from dehydration with or without any package.

My 15yo was very active all day long and was completely happy with the $4.50/day Refreshment package. If he wanted a random coffee drink, he got free coffee from Cafe Promenade and doctored it up with sugar and creamer.

Ask yourself what you want the kids to be able to drink, and then get the package (or a la carte) that matches with your needs for them.

• 2 months later...
I'm at a loss also. I'm not sure what to do for my 4 year olds. they only drink juice and water. the $22 day package is crazy for them. any advice would be great

What's wrong with drinking juice at breakfast and then water all day?

If you really MUST have juice for them 24/7, pack a couple cases of juice boxes. Problem solved, and quite simply.

I'm at a loss also. I'm not sure what to do for my 4 year olds. they only drink juice and water. the $22 day package is crazy for them. any advice would be great

As I mentioned several posts earlier, bring some sports bottles to fill at breakfast with juice and keep in your cabin fridge. Water you can get anytime anywhere.

So don't get a package. water and juice are free. Maybe bring a bottle of those flavor shots if you know there is one they like in particular

Say whaaaaaat? Do tell

Chocolate spin on a lot of different items; served in the MDR one morning. Be sure to ask your servers at dinner when chocolate breakfast is

Wait till u board and see what's available then decide if I knew before I left I wound have just gotten the basic soda package for myself and not the replenish as the so called Starbucks tasted awful found the Seattle best nicer and drank diet soda there's water available in wj and cafe as well