Free elite bar set up

denmarks

It should be in your mini-frig or on top. It's not a card. To exchange, just call Room Service and tell them what you want. Everything can be exchanged on a 1:1 basis for soda or water and alcohol for alcohol. You can exchange the entire set-up for two coffee cards or a bottle of wine.

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

with the coffee cards do they have an expire date because i'm doing a few 2 day coastal cruises so i'll swap my mini bar for coffee cards

On our 3-day cruise in January the coffee cards did not have a ship or voyage date on them.

Edited by Astro Flyer

with the coffee cards do they have an expire date because i'm doing a few 2 day coastal cruises so i'll swap my mini bar for coffee cards

This will depend entirely on the crew. If they put the voyage info on the card then the fresh-brewed coffee will be available for "free" on that voyage only regardless of how long or short the cruise may be. The punches will be good until they are all gone and can be used on multiple cruises.

If you have a card with no voyage info but punches already used the staff on that cruise will most likely be bright enough to figure out it's a card from a previous cruise.

I've exchanged my mini-bar for coffee cards numerous times. There is no consistency.

Some had voyage numbers written on the back

Some had none

Some baristas looked on the back

Some never did

Some baristas allowed me to keep it in my wallet see through wallet when getting brewed coffee or iced tea.

Some asked me to take it out

No one punched the card if it had a current voyage number on it

Some baristas wrote the current voyage number on the blank card

Some did not

Some baristas were much friendlier than others

I've exchanged my mini-bar for coffee cards numerous times. There is no consistency.

Some had voyage numbers written on the back

Some had none

Some baristas looked on the back

Some never did

Some baristas allowed me to keep it in my wallet see through wallet when getting brewed coffee or iced tea.

Some asked me to take it out

No one punched the card if it had a current voyage number on it

Some baristas wrote the current voyage number on the blank card

Some did not

Some baristas were much friendlier than others

Very true...we often have very friendly & helpful baristas that we get to know and at the end of a cruise give them a cash "thanks". :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We just returned from a seven-day voyage to Alaska on the Crown Princess. My husband is elite, so we had the mini-bar setup awaiting us. However, we preferred to trade that in for the coffee cards. Our steward told us that as the setup was due to being elite status, we could not exchange it for coffee cards. Has anyone else run into this situation? Perhaps it was a "house rule" on just the Crown Princess? Maybe we should have called room service instead? (Previously, our steward has made these arrangements for us.)

We just returned from a seven-day voyage to Alaska on the Crown Princess. My husband is elite, so we had the mini-bar setup awaiting us. However, we preferred to trade that in for the coffee cards. Our steward told us that as the setup was due to being elite status, we could not exchange it for coffee cards. Has anyone else run into this situation? Perhaps it was a "house rule" on just the Crown Princess? Maybe we should have called room service instead? (Previously, our steward has made these arrangements for us.)

In post #6 you can read the official Princess policy and unfortunately you had a cabin steward who was completely wrong! :(

The info I posted from the Princess website says to call room service to make the swap but the steward should have known the correct procedure. :(

I'm confident if you had called room service they would have made the exchange & if not then I would have contacted the Captain's Circle rep who has been able to correct problems for us. I doubt if it'd be necessary to go further up the chain of command to get them to follow the written Princess Elite Minibar exchange options shown on their website...which includes exchanging it for 2 coffee cards.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That is definitely not a Crown policy. I have twice exchanged my mini -bar set -up for coffee cards on Crown .

the coffee cards are issued generally with the name of the ship you are presently on and the voyage number. The regular coffees are only good on the present ship. The coffee card is good on all ships for the specialty coffees until you get the 15 hole punches.

My guess is that the steward just didn't know you could do this. Left hand not telling the right hand situation. We have exchanged our mini bar to coffee cards on all the ships with no problem. Next time just call room service about it.

the coffee cards are issued generally with the name of the ship you are presently on and the voyage number. The regular coffees are only good on the present ship. The coffee card is good on all ships for the specialty coffees until you get the 15 hole punches.

i

Sorry, but I disagree with your statement that coffee cards are "generally" issued with ship's name and voyage number in the back. I have bought coffee cards on a number of ships and have never had that information written or stamped on any of the cards.

Sorry Wrong

Cards only come with voyage numbers when you purchase them, when selecting the cards as an Elite they always come blank, and have NO voyage number on them

Srpilo

Sorry you had this problem. I had always read on CC to call room service when you arrive at your room. I was on the Crown to Alaska May 29th. I called immediately to Room Service. When we returned to the cabin, the coffee cards were already there and I hadn't even met the room steward yet.

Sali

The barista has to write the voyage number and name of the ship on the back of the card on the lines provided. I have had more than one card where no one ever wrote anything. Of course, I always used all the punches on that voyage. (Love my lattes!)

I bought the coffee card only once. It was originally blank, but the staff in the IC wrote the ship name on the back, therefore, I wound up paying about $10 each for my coffees. Never again.

Did you only get a few coffee drinks? If so, the card is good on any Princess ship - its only the fresh brewed coffee that is for the cruse you buy the card on. Just bring it on your next cruise and the lattes will continue as long as you have un-punched locations on the card. :)

I bought the coffee card only once. It was originally blank, but the staff in the IC wrote the ship name on the back, therefore, I wound up paying about $10 each for my coffees. Never again.

Let's say you bought the coffee card for $30.00 (rounding). If you paid about $10.00 a cup of coffee (excluding free brewed, hot chocolate, and teas), then you are saying that you had 3 holes punched. That would leave you 12 specialty coffees for your next cruise. If you do not cruise frequently, then yes, you will probably not have to buy another coffee card for a while.

The policy is clearly stated that the coffee card is good for all Princess ships, but complimentary brewed coffee is only available for the cruise that you purchased the card for (hence the need for the barista to print the name of the ship and the voyage number).

And this is a thread about mini-bars for elite members. Did you purchase the card or trade a mini-bar for 2 coffee cards?

You lost me. What would your coffees have cost if the the barista did not write the name and voyage on the back of the card? :confused: