New Diamond perk?

emilygrace

Right from the website: "One gift amenity per household. The selection by the primary person in your Crown & Anchor Society membership is considered the top gift selection.I'm not concerned with how many cans or half cans of diet coke I get, just thought it was amusing. I would think they would change this because it just sounds really cheap.

The gift amenity that starts with D+ is one per household. The "Welcome Aboard" beverage and snack bag starts with Emerald. Each Emerald(18 and over) and above should get their beverage of choice. If none is selected they get water. D+ and above can also chose a beer or small bottle of wine.

I wonder if the stewards just leave the bottled water for the next occupants if no one drinks it on that cruise. On one cruise we got 4 bottles, on another 6, (for 2 people), and our cabin with 3 people got 3. We also got the sodas/wine/beer that you get as a D+ member.

The first time we got the free water we left it because we thought they would charge us.

Edited by marci22

We are currently on the Independence B2B. Got 8 bottles of water on both sailings plus selected gift and Welcome aboard cookies/almonds and selected beverage.

In april we had the same, were really surprised and thought they had delivered the water to the wrong cabin and asked them to remove them.... Our cabin attendant said it was from Crown & Anchor. We still were not convinced and went to see the loyalty ambassador, she confirmed that they were for us to use. We find it to be a nice extra amenity.😀😀😀

How odd. This is the first I'm hearing about any of this "selecting preferences" stuff. :confused:

My next sailing is my first one as a Diamond, so it sounds like I need to go to the RCCL site and select a beverage?

I've seen water in my cabin before as an Emerald, but never touched it because I thought I'd be charged.

How odd. This is the first I'm hearing about any of this "selecting preferences" stuff. :confused:

My next sailing is my first one as a Diamond, so it sounds like I need to go to the RCCL site and select a beverage?

I've seen water in my cabin before as an Emerald, but never touched it because I thought I'd be charged.

There is no difference in welcome aboard drink selections between Emerald and Diamond. However, you should check, in case you want something other than water.

There is no difference in welcome aboard drink selections between Emerald and Diamond. However, you should check, in case you want something other than water.

Thanks for the intel! :)

I just returned from the RCCL website, where I discovered this whole new fascinating area of "preferences." I chose Diet Coke so I'd recognize one if it materializes in my cabin. :D

Also picked how I want the beds arranged, a dining time, and how I'd want to be upgraded, based on the astronomical odds of that ever happening.

Do diamonds still get 3 free drinks at night from any bar?

Not just "any" bar...those serving the MDR, WJ are not included...so check the bar before ordering those nightly free drinks that are loaded onto your SeaPass during the cocktail hours of usually 4:30pm - 8:00pm...these will be the same hours that cocktails are available in the D & CL. Also if you prefer you can also get soda's too...instead of alcohol.

Right from the website: "One gift amenity per household. The selection by the primary person in your Crown & Anchor Society membership is considered the top gift selection.Your Welcome Gift drink needs to be updated 7 days before saildate to complete orders onboard.

I'm not concerned with how many cans or half cans of diet coke I get, just thought it was amusing. I would think they would change this because it just sounds really cheap.

Sorry..again..but you're still confusing the "gift amenity" which is one per cabin with the beverage offering which is one per C&A member in your cabin. ;)

• 4 months later...

We sailed on Navigator a year ago and enjoyed the Diamond status Happy Hour each evening. They offered free cocktails (limited menu). I am reading now that the free drinks for Happy Hour only include wine or sparkling wine or champagne. Do you know if this is correct? We will be sailing on the Liberty Feb. 21, 2016. Thank you for any info.

Yes, Diamond and above.

We are sailing on the Liberty on Feb.21, 2016. A year ago, on the Navigator, we enjoyed the perks of the Diamond status including the nightly Happy Hour. During Happy Hour, we were served complimentary cocktails (limited menu). I have read recently that only wine or sparkling wine or champagne will be offered complimentary. Cocktails will be served with a 25% discount. Do you know if this is correct? Thank you for any info.

Janica

and it's "one beverage per cabin" So for being diamond my husband and I get to split a diet coke. Way to show appreciation:p

It's per member. That is what we get as D members. On our upcoming cruise we'll be D+ and don't know what to expect.

Ps. On our Q cruise this past Feb. there were some bottles of water with no explanation and we assumed they were left by the previous occupant.

On our recent Vision cruise (we're Diamond), we had one can each of Diet Coke (preference set on website) and two small bottled waters, all identified as C&A (bottles had little neck tags on them).

We also received a bag of shortbread cookies, and on the first formal night, a plates of bite-sized cakes and two chocolate-dipped strawberries.

We got water the last 4 or five cruises. two cruises ago we were using one of our bottles we got for C&A and left the portion on the tray and the Room service inspection person who checked the mini refrigerator charged us for two bottles. Had Purser's desk remove it. Just got on C&A site on Royal site and sect preferences , beverages,upgrade,bedding,etc. Bob

If you select water for your gift, do they make it clear which bottles in your cabin are free from C&A? In other words, if there are 4 bottles, is it safe to assume they're all from C&A or will, let's say, 2 be designated from C&A, making it pretty clear you'd be charged for the second two?

[quote name='RealDeal']If you select water for your gift, do they make it clear which bottles in your cabin are free from C&A? In other words, if there are 4 bottles, is it safe to assume they're all from C&A or will, let's say, 2 be designated from C&A, making it pretty clear you'd be charged for the second two?[/QUOTE]

The free bottles are placed away from the minibar bottles.