New Diamond perk?

emilygrace

I just got an email from Royal this morning telling me to check out my Diamond benefits before I board the Jewel on Friday. One of the things was this:

• Priority Check In & Complimentary Water: Enjoy priority boarding & a bottle of complimentary water in your stateroom upon arrival.

I've never gotten a bottle of water before and my preference for my Welcome Aboard gift is a Sprite. So is the water a new thing? And will DH and I each get a bottle of water?

When I was on the Allure transatlantic I got nothing, nada, zip.

Edited by emilygrace

I just got an email from Royal this morning telling me to check out my Diamond benefits before I board the Jewel on Friday. One of the things was this:

• Priority Check In & Complimentary Water: Enjoy priority boarding & a bottle of complimentary water in your stateroom upon arrival.

I've never gotten a bottle of water before and my preference for my Welcome Aboard gift is a Sprite. So is the water a new thing? And will DH and I each get a bottle of water?

I always seem to get 3-4 bottles of water upon check in. Not sure why.

The last few cruises, we have seen two free bottles of water in our stateroom, in addition to the Coronas we select for the welcome aboard beverage. I guess they just put into writing what they have been doing.

Edited by clarea

The last time we cruised in March on the Navigator we got a 6 pack of water plus our compimentary welcome aboard drink - that was new for us and the first cruise we made as diamond. It was a nice to have. Hoping we get it again next time we cruise.

Just off Radiance and had 8 bottles of water and one Corona in addition to our chosen D+ beverage in our cabin.

DS & DDIL had 6 bottles of water in addition to their chosen D beverage in their cabin.

A few months ago we were on a Singapore-Shanghai on Mariner and had 12 bottles of water.

So it might just vary.

Just off Radiance and had 8 bottles of water and one Corona in addition to our chosen D+ beverage in our cabin....

DS & DDIL had 6 bottles of water in addition to their chosen D beverage in their cabin.

Hi hon! Were the bottles clearly marked as complimentary, or a D perk? Just curious. We have yet to experience this...

In the "My Cruise" area of the RCCL C&A website you can select preferences depending on level. The list has improved. I always have water when I arrive in my cabin and I also select a bottle of wine at the dinner table.

Check your selections.

World1

Muriel D.

Diamond +

Future

2-Apr-16 Adventurer of The Sea 7 Night Caribbean Cruise

18-Apr-17 Radiance of the Sea 18 Night Transpacific Cruise

25-Sep-15 Serenade Of The Sea 12 Night Canada/New England Cruise

Past Cruise

Date Of Departure Ship Name Itinerary/Comments

30-Nov-14 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

3-Oct-13 Independence Of The Seas 11 Night Canaries Cruise

22-Oct-11 Explorer Of The Seas 5 Night Bermuda Cruise

15-May-11 Radiance Of The Seas 5 Night Coastal Repo Cruise

9-Oct-10 Jewel Of The Seas 7 Night Canada/New Engl Cruise

21-Mar-10 Mariner Of The Seas 7 Night Mexican Riviera Cruise

24-May-09 Mariner Of The Seas 7 Night Pacific Coastal Cruise

3-Mar-09 Carnival - Paradise 3 Night Baja Mexico Cruise

7-Mar-08 Monarch Of The Seas 3 Night Baja Mexico Cruise

4-Nov-07 Freedom Of The Seas 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

18-Aug-06 Vision Of The Seas 7 Night Alaska Cruise

11-Nov-05 Monarch Of The Seas 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

17-Jun-05 Brilliance Of The Seas 12 Night Mediterranean Venice Cr

3-Oct-04 Voyager Of The Seas 5 Night Canada Cruise

28-Sep-01 Radiance Of The Seas 3 Night Pacific Northwest Cruise

17-Apr-00 Viking Serenade 4 Night Baja Mexican Cruise

12-Jul-98 Enchantment Of The Seas Eastern Caribbean - 7 Nights

25-May-98 Viking Serenade 4 Night Baja Mexican Cruise

1995 NCL SS Norway 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

21-Oct-94 Viking Serenade 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

Sep-93 Viking Serenade 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

Jul-91 Song of Norway 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Oct-89 Viking Serenade 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

1987 Carnival-Jubilee 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Jul-85 Song of Norway 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

Jul-83 Song of America 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

When we sailed on the Oasis, August 1, 2015 wih our C & A welcome back letter was 6 bottles of water (that we picked as gift, DH selected the 4 as our gift do not know why we got 6, maybe cause 3 people in our cabin?????) also got one big bottle of water and two bags of cookies.

On the back of the welcome back letter was listed all the Emerald benefits --- discounts ---(we were emerald on this sailing).

So, we used them and were not charged for them.

In the refrigerator were the usual for $$$cokes, water and chocolates.

Sea Ya

Hi hon! Were the bottles clearly marked as complimentary, or a D perk? Just curious. We have yet to experience this...

They were sitting out on the desk top next to our comp bags of munchies (both in our cabin and DS's) and when the cabin steward came by to introduce himself he told us those were all also complimentary....we were surprised about the Corona though.

We are diamond and our choice of drinks for the preferences are soda , water, juice. Nothing more, and no Corona. Where is this listed as a choice?

Alcoholic welcome drinks only become available at Diamond Plus level.

Edited by clarea

When we sailed on the Oasis, August 1, 2015 wih our C & A welcome back letter was 6 bottles of water (that we picked as gift, DH selected the 4 as our gift do not know why we got 6, maybe cause 3 people in our cabin?????) also got one big bottle of water and two bags of cookies.

On the back of the welcome back letter was listed all the Emerald benefits --- discounts ---(we were emerald on this sailing).

So, we used them and were not charged for them.

In the refrigerator were the usual for $$$cokes, water and chocolates.

Sea Ya

In the "My Cruise" area of the RCCL C&A website you can select preferences depending on level. The list has improved. I always have water when I arrive in my cabin and I also select a bottle of wine at the dinner table.

Check your selections.

World1

Muriel D.

Diamond +

Future

2-Apr-16 Adventurer of The Sea 7 Night Caribbean Cruise

18-Apr-17 Radiance of the Sea 18 Night Transpacific Cruise

25-Sep-15 Serenade Of The Sea 12 Night Canada/New England Cruise

Past Cruise

Date Of Departure Ship Name Itinerary/Comments

30-Nov-14 Navigator Of The Seas 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise

3-Oct-13 Independence Of The Seas 11 Night Canaries Cruise

22-Oct-11 Explorer Of The Seas 5 Night Bermuda Cruise

15-May-11 Radiance Of The Seas 5 Night Coastal Repo Cruise

9-Oct-10 Jewel Of The Seas 7 Night Canada/New Engl Cruise

21-Mar-10 Mariner Of The Seas 7 Night Mexican Riviera Cruise

24-May-09 Mariner Of The Seas 7 Night Pacific Coastal Cruise

3-Mar-09 Carnival - Paradise 3 Night Baja Mexico Cruise

7-Mar-08 Monarch Of The Seas 3 Night Baja Mexico Cruise

4-Nov-07 Freedom Of The Seas 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

18-Aug-06 Vision Of The Seas 7 Night Alaska Cruise

11-Nov-05 Monarch Of The Seas 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

17-Jun-05 Brilliance Of The Seas 12 Night Mediterranean Venice Cr

3-Oct-04 Voyager Of The Seas 5 Night Canada Cruise

28-Sep-01 Radiance Of The Seas 3 Night Pacific Northwest Cruise

17-Apr-00 Viking Serenade 4 Night Baja Mexican Cruise

12-Jul-98 Enchantment Of The Seas Eastern Caribbean - 7 Nights

25-May-98 Viking Serenade 4 Night Baja Mexican Cruise

1995 NCL SS Norway 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

21-Oct-94 Viking Serenade 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

Sep-93 Viking Serenade 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

Jul-91 Song of Norway 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Oct-89 Viking Serenade 3 Night Mexican Baja Cruise

1987 Carnival-Jubilee 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

Jul-85 Song of Norway 7 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise

Jul-83 Song of America 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise

See Avove Quotes

Also Applies To Emerald

We are diamond and our choice of drinks for the preferences are soda , water, juice. Nothing more, and no Corona. Where is this listed as a choice?

You're correct in that for D it's soda, juice & water.

Our Corona was a comp (no idea why) and was not an offering for our D+.

and it's "one beverage per cabin" So for being diamond my husband and I get to split a diet coke. Way to show appreciation:p

Sorry..not correct..it's not per cabin (for the beverage) it's per C&A member..so if you are each a D you'll each get your own diet coke.:p

Why has RC started to give out complimentary bottles of water?

My guess is that they may be hoping to cut down on people handing cases of water to the porters to carry onto the ship.

We first noticed this on our Asia cruise in March...and thought it was because of our itinerary...but then it happened again last week on our Alaska cruise...so you may be on to something...regardless it's ok with me and I hope they continue.

I picked the water as D perk and we only got two bottles of water (0.5 l, Evian) in our cabin in May on the Allure.

And unfortunately it´s not per C&A member but per adult C&A member (our DD never gets anything although she´s D on her own).

steamboats

On Independence in March we had 8 bottles of water set out on the desk top in our cabin , completely unexpected , our gift preference was also there. I checked with Mel, DL concierge, what was with the water and she said they were complimentary. It would have helped if there was a little note with them telling us, enough uninvited paper work arrives in the cabin after all:rolleyes:. The bottles of water are appreciated.

We did not receive the water on either Brilliance or Vision in the following 2 weeks. We join Explorer on Friday , watch this space:).

Sorry..not correct..it's not per cabin (for the beverage) it's per C&A member..so if you are each a D you'll each get your own diet coke.:p

There was a time not long ago that they were not budging on the one complementary drink per cabin, and we discussed it with the loyalty people. It was silly. Particularly if one person chooses diet coke and one regular coke. They have now changed the wording on the C&A member benefits area, and yes, now it is one each.

On our last several cruises we've received an 8 pack of water with a bottle tag on one saying "From C&A Society". Much appreciated during the recent hot weather we've been having.

R&D

We also appreciate the water, though we got only two bottles on the Oasis cruise last week. I would love if they would add a case of still water to the list of D+ amenities.

Right from the website: "One gift amenity per household. The selection by the primary person in your Crown & Anchor Society membership is considered the top gift selection.Your Welcome Gift drink needs to be updated 7 days before saildate to complete orders onboard.

I'm not concerned with how many cans or half cans of diet coke I get, just thought it was amusing. I would think they would change this because it just sounds really cheap.