Missed Final Payment

cuculola

Missed final payment on my last cruise. My fault. They took a bit of mercy on me and gave me a break on the cancellation fee but I did have to rebook at prevailing rate. Funny enough I got more onboard credit with the "new" booking so it was a net $300 mistake about $500 on paper. This was not even 24 hours after final payment. With the new non-refundable fare program they are serious about this. Pay attention and don't miss it. Lesson Learned.

I know this was an old post but the only one I can blow some steam. Thanks for all the responses. Like I said. "Lesson Learned". Just rebooked to maintain my $500 deposit. Will stick with a TA for all my future cruises. clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

Or buy a calendar.

(sorry; old person remark. Use the calendar in your phone)

I know this was an old post but the only one I can blow some steam. Thanks for all the responses. Like I said. "Lesson Learned". Just rebooked to maintain my $500 deposit. Will stick with a TA for all my future cruises. clear.png?emoji-roll-eyes-1744

I hate to break it to you but you may have to stay on top of the TA. In 2009 I booked through a TA who was alway available via email and was prompt on returning messages. Being a cruise junky as many are who belong to CC I knew when final payment was due. I could have amnesia and the only thing that I would remember would be final payment. On the due date I checked my account and saw that my payment wasn't made. I called the TA and asked when final payment was knowing that it was that day. She was shocked to see that it was that day. I gave her my credit card information and she processed it. I never got an email reminding me that it was coming up. Had I not called my trip would have been canceled. So my advise is don't depend on the TA. I haven't used a TA until this year and only because of the large OBC the agency was offering.

The TA that I use most of the time has an earlier final payment date than the cruise line. They do charge the credit card on file with the final payment. But just in case there is a problem with the credit card, they have that buffer built in to their system allowing them to contact people who have had card issues - like me. My card was compromised a few weeks before final payment. As soon as their name showed up on phone I knew exactly why they were calling. The card I use to pay for cruises was the one that racked up several thousand dollars of target orders.

RCCL only keeps the last four digits of card.

Is there a way to credit our card with only the last 4 digits? When we cancel, we get a refund to our credit card without having to give them the number again.

Is there a way to credit our card with only the last 4 digits? When we cancel, we get a refund to our credit card without having to give them the number again.

It’s been my experience working in a retail store and shopping that most stores don’t need the card for a refund anymore. In my store it just proms the card Visa/MC or what ever brand card and the last 4 numbers. You just have to select that. I’m sure any TA or Cruise line works the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s been my experience working in a retail store and shopping that most stores don’t need the card for a refund anymore. In my store it just proms the card Visa/MC or what ever brand card and the last 4 numbers. You just have to select that. I’m sure any TA or Cruise line works the same way.

So I guess a refund can be processed, but probably no new charges unless they have the entire number.

RCCL only keeps the last four digits of card.

I don't think so... I paid for an excursion with my credit card and then a week later cancelled the excursion to book a different one. When i cancelled they put the amount strait back onto my credit card without asking for the credit card information. That being said, when I booked new excursions and drink packages etc... they always ask for the card over again. So my suspicion is that they have the card information for the specific transaction but that information isn't passed forward to any other transactions

Here is my experience with RCI today. Somehow I missed the emails for final payment and noticed the cancellation email. Called corporate and spoke with Jell, who by policy will not provide her last name:mad:. I explain how the email was sent on a Saturday and that I get hundreds of emails a day that it is easy to miss an email. Was ridicule for being an adult and should be responsible for reading the emails.

The Bottom line, according to Jill and "policy" they can not re-instate your reservation. I am left with rebooking at the prevailing rate if I want to keep my deposit.

Have booked many cruises before and they just take the final payment off the original CC.

Lesson learned.

1. Cross RCI off my list due to bad cruise relations

2. Never go direct. Let the TA take care of it

3. Never sail with RCI again. go with NCL:mad::mad:

NCL does exactly the same. My relatives thought final payment date was one day later than it actually was. Poof went their deposit and their reservation. They called and pleaded the next day but they would not relent.

Here is my experience with RCI today. Somehow I missed the emails for final payment and noticed the cancellation email. Called corporate and spoke with Jell, who by policy will not provide her last name:mad:. I explain how the email was sent on a Saturday and that I get hundreds of emails a day that it is easy to miss an email. Was ridicule for being an adult and should be responsible for reading the emails.

The Bottom line, according to Jill and "policy" they can not re-instate your reservation. I am left with rebooking at the prevailing rate if I want to keep my deposit.

Have booked many cruises before and they just take the final payment off the original CC.

Lesson learned.

You resurrected a 3 year old thread. If you had read through the posts you would see that most people have stated that RCI does NOT automatically take payments from a credit card that MAY have been kept on file.

You are really mad at yourself for not staying on top of something this important to you. But you are blaming RCI and their Cus. Svc. Reps.

p.s. You won't find it much better on NCL ... keep looking.

NCL does exactly the same. My relatives thought final payment date was one day later than it actually was. Poof went their deposit and their reservation. They called and pleaded the next day but they would not relent.

I don't understand this. OK ... so they thought the final payment was X date and that was actually 1 day later than payment was due. WHY would anyone wait until the last minute to make a payment? If you KNOW the payment date is coming up .... make the payment 2 - 3 weeks ahead of what you 'think' the final due date is.

My final payment date is 8/24/18 .... My final payment was made 7/15/18. It's a no brainer people.

I don't think so... I paid for an excursion with my credit card and then a week later cancelled the excursion to book a different one. When i cancelled they put the amount strait back onto my credit card without asking for the credit card information. That being said, when I booked new excursions and drink packages etc... they always ask for the card over again. So my suspicion is that they have the card information for the specific transaction but that information isn't passed forward to any other transactions

They don't have your credit card on file where it can be read in full and used again for anything. A cancellation is an automatic computer function that reverses the payment. NOT physically processed by people. Meaning ... the people select cancel/refund and the actual computer program reverses it, the people don't enter the credit card # to complete the refund.

So let me see if I understand your situation. YOU booked a cruise, YOU put down a down payment, YOU received paperwork showing the final payment date, YOU didn’t make your final payment in time, YOU received a courtesy email reminder regarding cancellation which YOU didn’t read so your cruise was cancelled.

Since RCCL has thousands of cruisers who take responsibility and can manage to pay off their cruises in a timely manner, tell me again how this is anyone’s fault but your own?

Bravo ... this is excellent. (y)

I don't understand this. OK ... so they thought the final payment was X date and that was actually 1 day later than payment was due. WHY would anyone wait until the last minute to make a payment? If you KNOW the payment date is coming up .... make the payment 2 - 3 weeks ahead of what you 'think' the final due date is.

My final payment date is 8/24/18 .... My final payment was made 7/15/18. It's a no brainer people.

Nonsense. There is no need to make final payment 40 days early. Just don't make it late.

Nonsense. There is no need to make final payment 40 days early. Just don't make it late.

I never said people had to make a payment 40 days in advance. I said that is how I handled MY final payment.

But if people were to make a the final payment 2 weeks before drop dead due date ... how much happier, simpler, easier, no panic life would be.

I have seen people post here on CC ... "HELP ... it's my final payment due date and I can't get through on the phone and the website is down and my TA isn't answering the phone and ... and"

No need for this nonsense either.

Lesson learned.

In what world would the customer service rep give you her last name? By the angry emoticon after that statement, you seem like the sort of person that would go out of your way to slander her with her full name. You have no one to be angry at but yourself, if you take on the responsibility of booking a cruise then be an adult and keep track of when your payment is due by.

Why would you post on CC to "blow some steam"?

If I was already mad, posting on here would only make me madder because I don't need others pointing out what a stupid mistake I had made.