how to put on luggage tag

koss78b2

I now have the plastic holders sold in the Cruise Critic store. But previously I folded as instructed, then covered completely in packing tape or you can laminate if you have access to a laminator. Then use a hole punch and use a cable tie to secure it to the handle of your luggage.

I have been printing them off and then I take some heavy duty packing tape and wrap them. Then once I get to the pre-stay hotel, I borrow the front desks stapler and put them on right before leaving for the port. So far, I have only had 1 tag "come off" (which was weird when we found it in the "lost and found" being held because the tag itself was actually put down in the side zipper...which to me says that they found it, but didn't bother to deliver it to where it goes).

Our wonderful TA sent my daughter some plastic covers for her last cruise. I plan on getting me some soon.

I've used clear plastic tape to cover the luggage tag. I go from one end of the tag through the handle and then to the back side. I then put a strip horizontally along the bottom of the tag.

When we went on a Princess cruise tour to Alaska, the tags lasted through Delta, Alaska Air, the Princess Hotels, onto the ship, then back off to the airport to being handled by Alaska Air and Delta coming home. I needed shears to remove the tags from the luggage handles at home.

I Was just curious as to how do you put those luggage tag on

i have the ones i printed out from my computer, so just a coloured piece of paper

otherwise i will just carry everything on with me

Staple them when you are on your way to the port , not before.

I Was just curious as to how do you put those luggage tag on

i have the ones i printed out from my computer, so just a coloured piece of paper

otherwise i will just carry everything on with me

When you get to the pier ask the porter for luggage tags. Write your name and cabin number on them and attached using the included elastic string. Don't waste your time printing the stuff from home.

I always print a few extra and slip them INSIDE the luggage too. This includes any pre or post cruise hotel info. Hey, ya never know when the luggage tag gremlins will get hungry! :eek::eek:

Happy Flamingo, do you want to change your upcoming Liberty date or did you sail her already LAST January. :confused::confused: If so, we were on the same cruise! :cool:

I print, fold, packing tape, hole punch, but affix with ponytail holders that I can use during my vacation. I also attach to my camera case & tote bag just in case I forget them somewhere. Hasn't happened, but I like to be prepared.

I don't like the ones at the port, plus I don't want to have to stop & deal with filling out a generic luggage tag in the parking lot. My luggage tag ritual is just part of getting ready for vacation.

If I fly, I put them on after I get my baggage, not before. I have them in my carryon ready to go.