Sleeveless shirts in October

tracyd1014

We're going on a cruise from LA to Hawaii early October. Will I be ok wearing sleeveless tops on deck once we get out of the CA area? I know LA is always a bit nippy but after a day or so, I am hoping the temp will increase enough to wear sleeveless tops. And once we get to Hawaii the temp is good - right?

I would take something to layer over your tanks. If you live in AZ, then you might be a bit cool in Hawaii in October...especially if you are acclimated to AZ weather. I went to Hawaii in June after becoming acclimated to Texas heat and humidity and I was often chilled in the late afternoon and evenings.

My parents live in AZ and in October, with the cooler weather coming in, it's time to break out fall-like clothing...the weather should be pretty similar in Hawaii, so however you would dress at home is likely going to be comfortable for you in Hawaii.

I always carry a sweater or light fleece. Just too many times a cold front comes through and freezing. I also find that I fill cool/cold on deck with combo of speed, wind& moist air. Of course the place most likely need wrap is with A/C. Friendly reminder that sleeveless & low cut tops can lead to skin cancer and wrinkles. Sun is very strong in Hawaii and you need protection.

Edited by Bowie MeMe

We've cruised from Ensenada to Hawaii twice, & the joke both times from the Captain was that you didn't know you'd actually booked an Alaska cruise. :)

The first crossing days were freezing outside, once we neared Hawaii lovely & warm, once we were actually at the islands, very, very warm, too warm for me, a Los Angeles native who doesn't know how to deal with humidity. :)

I'd bring a few light shawls, sweaters for on deck.

Have a great time!

Thank you for all of your nice advice. We are doing R/T and we have done Mexican Rivera cruises from LA. I remember it being fairly cool about the first day and after that nice and warm. I am pretty acclimated to warm temperatures as I live in Arizona. Right now in my packing stack I have about half sleeveless and have sleeved tops. Our cruise two weeks away I will reevaluate before I actually pack. Thanks again.