What is a WOW band?

Jo and Rob

Can you take it on and off? It would look pretty rubbish on formal photos! If you have a drinks package is it on the wow band? What do the different colours mean?

I agree. I do not think I would wear this...maybe to the beach, but I think it would be GREAT for little ones. They seem to lose everything..:)

It truly never ceases to amaze me on a daily basis, how many people don't seem to know how this service works...

http://bfy.tw/1tdu

Well, that was not very nice. I believe most people DO know how to Google, but perhaps (myself included) would like answers from people that have first hand experience on certain topics. Is there a reason this annoys you?

I agree for children it is a good idea but I'm not sure I would wear it.

I know I would wear it during the day, and since it can be removed for formal night that is great. If I want to use a lanyard, my seapass goes there....but WOW band will be great for daytime activities where I am doing water activities and don't like to leave my seapass on my chair, even if it is in my beachbag with other things.

They gave us different colors so that we could tell which band was which..they are programmed for a specific person. You will also receive a traditional Sea Pass. The Wow band comes wrapped around the Sea Pass so you can identify them upon boarding.

Edited by JMG

Before I went on the Quantum, I was sure I wouldn't use it. However, I gave it a try and to my surprise, I loved it. It opens your cabin as well as the DL and CL if you have access to them and gives you easy one handed access, if necessary.

They look like the magic bands Disney is using in their resorts, and the ID band they have for the kids onboard the ships. I liked that all my DD's info was on it, but it wasn't removable, so that was annoying for photos, and there was a $12.95 charge if we didn't return it on the last night. is there a surcharge for these too? The resort ones were free, and we've got dozens of those, if I had known I'd have brought one with us,

Before I went on the Quantum, I was sure I wouldn't use it. However, I gave it a try and to my surprise, I loved it. It opens your cabin as well as the DL and CL if you have access to them and gives you easy one handed access, if necessary.

That is exactly how we felt before we went on the Quantum. It was almost an afterthought and we had no intention on using them. However we ended up loving the convenience of them and even missed them on our most recent cruise.

They gave us different colors so that we could tell which band was which..they are programmed for a specific person. You will also receive a traditional Sea Pass. The Wow band comes wrapped around the Sea Pass so you can identify them upon boarding.

So we thought. We found out after a day or so that we had the wrong ones on when I went to enter a show (on my own) and DHs name/picture came up! We had been together every other time we had used them so guess the staff just knew we were together.

I agree, didn't think we would use them but found they were very helpful and would use them again in a heartbeat.

We love the MagicBands at Disney. It is so nice to not have to fish around for a card to open your door. Especially if you are going to the pool- no lanyards or misplacing the card at the bottom of your bag.

Is there a way to be sure I get a Black one for Anthem in November? Do you get to pick?

Edited by conandrob240

Do you take it off and give it to the bar tenders or do they have a device for scanning?

It truly never ceases to amaze me on a daily basis, how many people don't seem to know how this service works...

http://bfy.tw/1tdu

Leisuretraveler 223 I enjoy getting cruisers' insights, their opinions and experiences. Cruise critic is a superb forum for that and although I have broad shoulders a comment such as yours could put off others from asking innocent questions which would be a great shame.

They look like the magic bands Disney is using in their resorts, and the ID band they have for the kids onboard the ships. I liked that all my DD's info was on it, but it wasn't removable, so that was annoying for photos, and there was a $12.95 charge if we didn't return it on the last night. is there a surcharge for these too? The resort ones were free, and we've got dozens of those, if I had known I'd have brought one with us,

There is no surcharge for these. At the end of the cruise you can take it with you. Possibly the system has changed now but when we left the ship we did have to swipe our seapass cards. They made plenty of announcements that you needed your seapass to clear the ship.