Adventure or Navigator? So torn.....need HELP!

I am currently booked on the Navigator out of Ft. Lauderdale on an 8 night Eastern going to Labadee, San Juan, St Kitts, St Maarten - April 2016.

It occurred to me that I can fly into San Juan and take the Adventure of the Seas and go to St Croix, St Kitts, St Maarten, Dominica & Barbados plus have 2 days in San Juan on the same dates.

Price difference is $240 and that is only because I booked the Navi when there was no taxes/port charges. That is inclusive of airfare too.

I have never been to Labadee or St. Kitts on the NOS Itinerary and have only been to St. Maarten on the AOS Itinerary.

Have never sailed the Voyager Class.

I am all about the ports and think the AOS is the way to go, but I am nervous about booking airfare without feedback on the AOS vs NOS.

I would go with Navigator: more days, ship has been updated more recently (Adventure won't be updated until Nov 2016), more open feel to balconies, Vintages wine bar instead of Sports Bar, pervasive WiFi, etc. I'd do Adventure in 2017 after it's been updated.

Edited by clarea

No question the ports are better for Adventure, plus the added days in San Juan. I'd pick that hands down. We sailed Adventure in 2011, 2012, 2013 and have booked her for next March. You said you're all in for ports (as are we). I think Adventure is a no brainer in that case.

Edited by bouhunter

Because they said it wouldn't cost much more, and San Juan is a great place to visit......:rolleyes:

Why fly to San Juan when you do not have to? We did Naviagtor a couple of times very nice ship that was refurbished last year.

I guess I should have added that I have family in San Juan and we were there for 5 days this summer but did not get to take my boyfriend to all of the places I wanted to. Having 2 days in San Juan without the need of a hotel would extend our vacation of places to go and things to see.

We also would have the cost of driving to Ft. Lauderdale and paying for parking to add to the cost which I did not consider.....it may be Even Stevens at that point - because flying would allow us to be dropped off and picked up at the airport in Orlando.

I really like 8 night cruises but the southern Caribbean is the best. Even though Adventure has not gone through some of the changes that Navigator has it is still a great ship. If it is all about the ports for you I would go with Adventure especially since I don't much like Labadee.

We're doing a B2B on AOS next May and am crazy excited about all the ports...Went on Jewel last year but only to the Aruba itinerary...have done the eastern 8 nighter many times but nothing compared to the southern :D

Adventure of The Seas gets my vote. You can't go wrong starting and ending your vacation in the Caribbean. Plus you get to go to ports you haven't been to.

Agreed. We've done both and I'd choose San Juan over Ft. Lauderdale any day. Starting in SJ means guaranteed hot weather from day 1 of your trip. Can't say the same about Florida.

This sat will be our second cruise on adventure and third cruise from puerto rico. We just were on adventure in january. I love going out of San juan it's like another port day to me. We have been on both navigator and adventure. I love the more port intensive itineraries. I also think the time you are in pr isn't very long with the navigator right? Labadee it's nice but I really don't need to spend all day at the beach.

It is true that Adventure hasn't been updated in a while. It feels like an older ship compared to the more recently retrofitted vessels. All that said, we did have a great time on the Adventure last year.

If you are looking at the ports and don't mind a ship that has yet to be updated, the Adventure isn't a bad choice.

Some videos from our AOS cruise in June 2014.

Windjammer for breakfast

[YOUTUBE]uBAE5twNaKA[/YOUTUBE]

Walking through the Royal Promenade

[YOUTUBE]skIxZYjo_ls[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer for Dinner

[YOUTUBE]n32QJIrVd08[/YOUTUBE]

As much as I enjoyed our Adventure cruise, I discovered, I really missed @ Sea Days. Our itinerary was 1st day @ sea, next 5 days was port port port.... We did spend 3 days in San Juan after but it was kinda a vacation from the vacation!!

I am not saying to pick one over the other, they both have pros and cons... Think about what you like and will you miss something if you go with one over the other!!

Which ever way you go... have a blast!! :D

Tough decision.

We've been on Navigator twice and really liked it but it was before it was updated so have no idea what it would be like now. Agree with others re Labadee. I'd rather go to another port than spend all day there. But my daughter-in-law looks for Royal C. itineraries that include a day in Labadee. She just loves booking a cabana and relaxing all day. To each her own.

We did a B2B on Adventure last August and really enjoyed both weeks with different itineraries. If you like going to all these ports in a row then this is the ship for you. Only one specialty restaurant. I'd like to go on it again when it's been updated.

That's why I am going on the 8 day Adventure of the Seas cruise Oct. 2016. Best of both, that and we are 15 points away from Diamond and staying in a GS.;)

I just looked up your cruise. That is a really nice Itinerary and I've never been to Bonaire.

Getting to SJU from RI lately is a bit of a pain. American used to have great non-stop flights to and from Hartford. Now nothing from Boston, Providence, or Hartford is particularly convenient. :rolleyes:

I prefer the aviator over the adventure and to be honest I also like the itinerary of the navigator compared to the adventure. If I have to pick one I rather save money and go with the navigator. For me ports are more important and I rather go with the navigator based on the actual itinerary. Not that I really care about demography but I heard the adventure the vast majority are locals and they tend to be rude, I was in the adventure once and I didn't sense any of that but the workers are less enthusiastic.

I just looked up your cruise. That is a really nice Itinerary and I've never been to Bonaire.

Getting to SJU from RI lately is a bit of a pain. American used to have great non-stop flights to and from Hartford. Now nothing from Boston, Providence, or Hartford is particularly convenient. :rolleyes:

Not bad for me I'm 90 miles from Chicago and American, JetBlue, United & Delta all have nonstop to SJU so whoever has the best price I will fly.

Looking forward to it we have never been to Bonaire or Antigua. I booked the first day when it opened, at first we booked a JS but the 30/30 sale came out and a GS was only $100 total more, so it was a no brainier. We have never been in a GS so I am sure we will enjoy it.:D